why are people

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why are people

why are many unmarried single people ok with marrying a person that has committed zina before but not ok with marrying a divorcee??

any thoughts

who are okay with that?

Comment

When I was single I didn't want to get married to either.
      I was hoping to find someone like myself because I wanted my first halal relationship to be with someone who has never had a relationship so both of us would have been each other's first 'love'.
      ​​​​​​I wanted that connection and it means a lot to me. There is more understanding between us.

At times I said I'd overlook someone's past but I can't, it had to be someone with the same background as me.

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Never heard of that before. Interesting.
        You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

I think it's ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
            I think it's ridiculous.
            what is

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
              Never heard of that before. Interesting.
              bare people
              some may not say it
              but when it comes to it they look past zina
              but not divorcee

my mum says why look at her past if she changed but then if i say divorcee she says no no

Comment

another interesting thing is people overlook zina but not domestic violence

Comment

i want to know why people would not marry a divorcee but they would for someone who did zina

Comment

Idiots would
                    ''If the bedouins and city dwellers were to fight between themselves until they wipe each other out, it will surely be less significant than them appointing a taghoot in the land which rules by that which is against the Shari'ah of Islaam which Allah sent his Messenger ﷺ with'' - Sheikh Sulayman bin Sahmaan

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
                      why are many unmarried single people ok with marrying a person that has committed zina before but not ok with marrying a divorcee??

any thoughts
                      Never understood that myself. I think it may be due to zina being able to be hidden but divorce (and the wedding before it) are recorded and public information, thus can’t be hidden as easily. In other words, it may be a case of “what will people say.”

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

what is
                        Not marrying a divorcee yet willingly marrying someone who has committed zina.

Comment

Originally posted by Sister_2009 View Post

Never understood that myself. I think it may be due to zina being able to be hidden but divorce (and the wedding before it) are recorded and public information, thus can’t be hidden as easily. In other words, it may be a case of “what will people say.”
                          True. Marriage for example, outsiders would assume the marriage has been consummated.

Dating - maybe not?

Comment

Originally posted by Sister_2009 View Post

makes sense

could it also be because divorce has more of an effect or influence on a person compared to premarital relarionship

Comment

I think it won't be far-off to say that most people who are serious about Deen, would rather marry a chaste divorcee than one whom they know committed zina. They will prioritise wanting a spouse who has (or shows some kind of) fear of Allah and consideration for His rules, as well as faithfulness and trustworthiness which are vital for a (good) marriage.

Marriage is such a difficulty these days for people as it is. Would one not choose someone who showed some fear of Allah rather than someone who went against the rules? Lack of fear of Allah will cause problems in the marriage and it's already so important to choose carefully. Also, if one married someone whom they knew committed zina before, then there could be a terrible lingering fear/paranoia because of what he/she has been capable of in the past, which will not be healthy for the marriage.

People can change and repent... it will have to be judged on individual basis.

Allahu a'lam.

Comment

Working...
                              X