Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Character beautifies an individual.

You should give the sister a chance.

When it comes to the nitty gritty stuff in regards to marriage/life in general, the last thing on your mind will be whether your wife has high cheekbones.

It's better to compromise where looks are concerned rather than deen.

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
      Character beautifies an individual.

You should give the sister a chance.

When it comes to the nitty gritty stuff in regards to marriage/life in general, the last thing on your mind will be whether your wife has high cheekbones.

It's better to compromise where looks are concerned rather than deen.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	highcheeks.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	12587211

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
        Don't marry her if you're not satisfied with her looks. Period.
        Yeah son, are you married?

Comment

Originally posted by Sister_2009 View Post
          Iím replying in an attempt to give a different perspective from your own. Iím by no means an expert on the topic.

Women that fit her description do not come around often, just based on the basics you noted.

I would have a meeting with her (obviously with family present). The reason being that, as above, it might be difficult to find another woman of this caliber anytime soon. I would hate for you to be plagued by what ifs.

Having said this, can you respect and appreciate a woman like her, one who doesnít adorn herself for the pleasure of others? She deserves this. I would hate to see her married to someone who pressures her to change.

The time she saves not adorning could be spent on her children, studying, making a great household. I would think this would be valued, and these are the basics that I think should be discussed and major deciding factors (how to raise children, how to spend free time, etc.).

Regarding culture, the bad parts of both cultures would be where potential problems exist. I mean, do people get fussed over food or language to the point that it affects marriage? Iím not sure, but itís not relatable. If there is bad, such as activities that donít align with Islam, then obviously that is a problem. Doesnít matter if itís coming from your side or hers; itís problematic.

So, if you think you can appreciate her and the positive aspects, Iíd say itís a good idea to schedule a meeting.
          That's very, very sad if that were true. We are after all just talking about the basics here.

Comment

Just want to say that I am reading all of your responses and that I am thankful for them. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X