obedience

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• obedience

Is showing happiness to a proposal or during an engagement to a stranger that you don't know a sign that your are not obedient ?

my parents tend to ask me what to do next alot as oppose to telling me what to do , who to marry etc for them my liking even at a superficial level is important. but they arrange everything. i
    i feel that other people find this odd , this makes me seem very independent and like someone who controls her own life and this is seen negatively ? and then if your working that would be okay but iam in my late twenties and still studying so i look like more shifty .

is this a negative trait ? how do i fix this?

What's wrong with controlling your own life and why do you care so much what others think.
    Bit of a pointless thread.
    شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
    فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
    وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
    ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

Originally posted by auser View Post
      Is showing happiness to a proposal or during an engagement to a stranger that you don't know a sign that your are not obedient ?

my parents tend to ask me what to do next alot as oppose to telling me what to do , who to marry etc for them my liking even at a superficial level is important. but they arrange everything. i
      i feel that other people find this odd , this makes me seem very independent and like someone who controls her own life and this is seen negatively ? and then if your working that would be okay but iam in my late twenties and still studying so i look like more shifty .

Your not making any sense, with your question, and this sort of obsession with others think about you isnt healthy. As long as your not doing anything dodgy, wrong, ignore what others think.

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

I come back, read this thread and now I'm logging out.

enough ummah for the day.

O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

Are your parents asking you what do next in terms of moving forward with a proposal or just generally? if its regards a proposal and "people" find this strange then it may be a problem with them, as it is your decision. If you mean day to day your parents run to you to make decisions for them, then it will take some adjustment for you to get used to a husband who, while he will take your advice and consultation, will be decision maker on major issues.

Comment

Originally posted by auser View Post

It's not a negative trait and it doesn't need to be fixed. You should be happy that your parents respect your decisions/independence rather than forcing you to marry someone of their choice.

Comment

Working...
            X