This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niqab

I have been married to my wife for almost 3 years. We met in the USA. Both with citizenship. Due to the problems for Muslims and politics in America we moved to Libya, but the civil war forced us to move to Tunisia, which is much better, but poor imaan. This week we are going to move to indonesia which is much better, 90% of women cover, but now I want her to wear niqab. She refuses, and looks like a tomboy with her pants and hijab. I am really starting to hate it. I don't like being in public with here. And she argues with me always. Her divorced sister wears niqab, and has much better imaan. I do not listen to those westernised Muslims who say it is a choice. I am her husband and if she refuses to obey my I am considering the ultimate action. She lived in America long enough to make her a feminist. I want nothing to do with western thought, and I believe no Muslim should ever live in the usa it destroys deen and liberalism and Bidah for Islam. Should I make the ultimate decision or I am thinking I will take a second wife who wears niqab and makes me proud.
    Last edited by Saif Al islam; 06-10-18, 01:39 PM.

Chill out

Having a wife is not about making you proud, how gross, that's terrible

Don't force her, gently encourage her and stop comparing her with her sister

This is about you and her, don't bring others into it, even as examples.

You are embarrassed of your own wife, at the end of the day YOU chose to marry her, her sense of fashion was the same when you chose her to be your wife, no?

Be her role model and talk to her, study about the great women of Islam together to inspire her

It's not as simple as just obey, she's not a puppy, women are human beings so have some compassion and talk to your wife lovingly.

She might come around, make dua and keep communicating.

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by Saif Al islam View Post
      I have been married to my wife for almost 3 years. We met in the USA. Both with citizenship. Due to the problems for Muslims and politics in America we moved to Libya, but the civil war forced us to move to Tunisia, which is much better, but poor imaan. This week we are going to move to indonesia which is much better, 90% of women cover, but now I want her to wear niqab. She refuses, and looks like a tomboy with her pants and hijab. I am really starting to hate it. I don't like being in public with here. And she argues with me always. Her divorced sister wears niqab, and has much better imaan. I do not listen to those westernised Muslims who say it is a choice. I am her husband and if she refuses to obey my I am considering the ultimate action. She lived in America long enough to make her a feminist. I want nothing to do with western thought, and I believe no Muslim should ever live in the usa it destroys deen and liberalism and Bidah for Islam. Should I make the ultimate decision or I am thinking I will take a second wife who wears niqab and makes me proud.
      Assalamu alaykum

Well, why don't you try getting her to wear Jilbaab/Abaya first and then work your way up?

Why doesn't she want to wear Niqaab? Like what are her specific reasons? Perhaps you need to work on elevating her Imaan and religiousity first.

Hypothetically, you can force her to wear the Niqaab, seeing that you're her husband and she has to obey you; however, if her Imaan is not strong enough to obey you in the first place, then that's a different set of problems.
      Last edited by AmantuBillahi; 06-10-18, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Saif Al islam View Post
        I have been married to my wife for almost 3 years...
        Congratulations.

Comment

Working...
        X