Out of the box questions to ask a potential

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

For me simple is a brother who is not constantly chasing the dunya.A brother who finds joy in the small things in life such as making it to the masjid for Salah. A brother who is calm and patient I guess

Well said. It's not easy to be calm & patient when we are surrounded by "a busy world".
    That is what "simple" means to me .. getting back to nature .. hearing the cock crow, and not aeroplane and motorway traffic noise.

It's not always easy to escape this modern life (an understatement) .. we have to make many sacrifices, but everything is easy for Allah SWT -------> "KUN FAYA KOON"

-------------------------------------------------------------

I know we've come a long way,
    we're changing from day to day,
    but tell me "where do the children play?"
    - Cat Stevens aka Yusef Islam
    Last edited by isa_muhammad; 25-09-19, 08:11 AM.
    He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters - Psalms (Zaboor of Dawood)

Comment

• Br budi.sudaryo ... I felt a little bad for the brother with his last thread... Came across a little too personal, but you could see it was coming from a similar place to what others (often sisters) have mentioned or alluded to on here... The question of a deeper kind of love developing in a marriage where husband and wife have not known each other before.

We usually have the responses here saying that type of thing just comes from people being sold fantasies.

Not something that concerns me particularly but for Br Budi, I'll just put it out there that maybe the question in his mind was should you marry someone where there isn't much of a physical attraction or immediate connection to their personality (ie. you finding something about them immediately likeable) because other positive factors are there - and if you do marry them, do these things naturally come about after marriage and grow to a deeper form of love people like to talk about.

​​​​​Allahu a'lam.

​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts. Thank you! (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

Comment

• Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post
        Br budi.sudaryo ... I .

​​​​​Allahu a'lam.
        Its subjective
        every individual is different

Comment

• [QUOTE=Abu julaybeeb;n12639077]

Its subjective
          every individual is different[/QUOTE]

Yes. Of course,. Br Abu Julaybeeb. It's always going to be different from person to person, but things being subjective doesn't stop them being discussed on here and in general. Is it a worthwhile question to.ask, that's a different thing. Just trying to see it from a different perspective... I don't know... Feels like we're just shooting the brother down constantly whenever he writes anything on here.
          ​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts. Thank you! (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

Comment

• Where would you want to go on holiday after marriage?

(Excludes umrah or hajj)
            'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

• Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post

Yes. Of course,. Br Abu Julaybeeb. It's always going to be different from person to person, but things being subjective doesn't stop them being discussed on here and in general. Is it a worthwhile question to.ask, that's a different thing. Just trying to see it from a different perspective... I don't know... Feels like we're just shooting the brother down constantly whenever he writes anything on here.
              Meh. The thread was dumb and overly personal. Simple as that.

Comment

• Was this thread meant to be taken seriously?

Comment

• https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

• Did this actually happen?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

Did this actually happen?
                      Wallah yes.
                      https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

Wallah yes.
                        Weird
                        meeting became debate

Comment

• Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

Weird
                          meeting became debate

Comment

• Weird

Comment

• He got issues

Definitely red flag

Double standards, probably an ex addict with trauma, we will never know

I told you, makes me wanna cry or bang my head against the wall

What is normal, who is normal

Lol
                              'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

He got issues

Definitely red flag

Double standards, probably an ex addict with trauma, we will never know

I told you, makes me wanna cry or bang my head against the wall

What is normal, who is normal

Lol

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X