No announcement yet.

Out of the box questions to ask a potential

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When i was a kid i would memorise quran in my local 5 to 7 maktabah and got up to surah duha

i really struggled with hifdh and found it hard and that put me off so i didnt do it for a while

As i grew older i went up and down with practising and so did my quran reading on a daily basis

but eventually i started hifdh again

How often someone reads quran really helps to show if they are practising or not
    (maybe they might have bad akhlaaq but youl know they pray 5 times a day read quran and do the minimal)

Comment

• Whoever you marry you should aim to marry someone who has been practising for a number of years as that shows commitment and consistency

not saying someone whos practised 1 year is gonna apostate but the longer they been practising the more reliable

Even more if you have children that need a role model

Comment

• Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

When i was a kid i would memorise quran in my local 5 to 7 maktabah and got up to surah duha

i really struggled with hifdh and found it hard and that put me off so i didnt do it for a while

As i grew older i went up and down with practising and so did my quran reading on a daily basis

but eventually i started hifdh again

How often someone reads quran really helps to show if they are practising or not
        (maybe they might have bad akhlaaq but youl know they pray 5 times a day read quran and do the minimal)
        https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Whoever you marry you should aim to marry someone who has been practising for a number of years as that shows commitment and consistency

not saying someone whos practised 1 year is gonna apostate but the longer they been practising the more reliable

Even more if you have children that need a role model
          On the same note, I would advise those who have come to Islam or just started to practise to do a bit of sabr before getting married. Before you bring another person into your life, get to know yourself first and most importantly get to know Allah subhanahu wa ta aala as He, subhanahu wa ta aala ought to be known. Get to know Ar Rahman, ponder upon His names and attributes & try and work on your inner self.

time and time again I have come across cases of sisters who marry very shortly after coming to the deen & then when a trail befalls them, such as divorce, they leave the deen altogether. Many a times it’s because their foundations were rocky to begin with.

Yet we continue to hear the same old rhetoric, ya’ani ‘save yourself from fitna and get married asap’ .. bad advice

Comment

Budi why you ask weird questions for lol
            Hes just asking out of the box questions but to the forum

Comment

• He doesn't have to be a hafidh, but that's definitely a red flag to me lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post

He doesn't have to be a hafidh, but that's definitely a red flag to me lol.
                Lol. True 

Comment

• Can I use your phone without permission?

why do I even have to ask, what's yours is mine. Good thing I knew my husband's password. In the end, he just gave me his phone.

what a good man
                  ​​​​​​

Do you take selfies?

Please don't take selfies. It makes you look really bad. Get someone else to do it.

And don't take selfies in the bathroom. It's desperate and weird.

Are you afraid of insects? If the answer to this is yes, what a deal breaker.
                  'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

• I don't know how you single people feel

when I read some of these profiles, I just feel like crying

They are either asking for a lot or they don't even know what they want

Some of them sound controlling, must do this, must do that, must be alert at all times or else

​I see the simple world thrown around alot

Please remember women are not robots that you can then off and on.

i don't like these weird usernames either

​​​​​​above all

May Allah make it easy for all the single Muslims looking for marriage and fix the marriages of those who are thinking about divorce. Ameen
                    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

• What does simple mean to you?

​​​​​

Comment

• Yes, i have read about that and people express themselves differently

​​​​​
                        Some men are just not interested

Those that are interested will make some effort (not in the form of gifting but other ways), no matter how small

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                          What does simple mean to you?

​​​​​

Comment

• Simple - someone who's likely to give you the least hassle and headache. Not too interested in material things, Practicing to a basic level at least, quiet, non-argumentative personality.
                            ‚Äč‚ÄčNOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts. Thank you! (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

Comment

• Edit¬†
                              Last edited by Layla_; 25-09-19, 08:30 AM. Reason: nvm

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                                What does simple mean to you?

​​​​​
                                For me simple is a brother who is not constantly chasing the dunya.A brother who finds joy in the small things in life such as making it to the masjid for Salah. A brother who is calm and patient I guess 

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X