Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disadvantages of marrying a 30 year old woman?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disadvantages of marrying a 30 year old woman?

Assalamu 'alaykum,

Is there any disadvantage in marrying a 30 y.o. woman instead of a 20 something? Assuming you're older than her. Jazakumullahu khair.
    I'm on a strict time management regiment and have to limit my time online. Therefore I have to reply selectively. Please don't be offended if I ignore your questions. :jkk:

Her biological clock is ticking, for one.
    Less energy and youthfulness than a 20 year old.
    Not as attractive as a 20 year old, although they can still look good.
    Higher chance of baggage (past relationships, whether halal or haraam)

Some advantages:
    Much more mature and emotionally stable
    Usually more confident
    Wiser due to life experience
    A lot of the time more religious than the younger competition.
    Last edited by Stoic Believer; 02-09-18, 07:50 AM.

Comment

• Fakhri
      Fakhri commented
      Editing a comment
      I was going to add less 'I want to climb Everest' and 'jump through a ring of fire' etc, etc... but 'wiser due to life experience' covers that.

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
    Some advantages:
    Much more mature and emotionally stable
    Usually more confident
    Wiser due to life experience
    These can be advantages but also disadvantages in the way that she may have gotten high expectations, being alone all this time she has set a certain standard, so used to her own routine and such, that she will have a harder time adjusting to someone new, new routines, not being able to be selfish anymore after being single for so long, (if shes not divorced)
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

What a thread.

Comment

Well.......

​​​​​​I fall into that category

I haven't changed much, I feel young and think like a youngster, I choose to be immature sometimes

I like going to parks playing on the swings (in my imagination) why the stigma attached to a woman sitting on a swing, I think that's so unfair

I'm not that much wiser, maybe a bit more experienced

I get along with younger people, people my age are ok but I think they are too serious and aren't natural

The only difference with the age is fertility, otherwise women are women

I don't have time to explain that though

All thirty year olds are different some are
        And others are 'normal'

I got married late twenties and the husband is 2-3 years older than me
        ​​​​​
        I had to TELL him to get me flowers, all these years, don't men in their late twenties and in their thirties know these things

if he was to marry me when I was 23, there would not have been much difference. My energy levels were the same back then

I still look the same as far as I'm concerned

My brain cells seem to be the same too

I hope that was helpful, be warned you might get a completely different response from another thirty year old

I can reassure it will be so bland and lifeless showing how diverse us oldies are

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Infertility is a problem for many women of all ages now

I would say meet the thirty year old, forget her age and judge her on her character after you have established if there is any attraction or not

The more you compare between girls in their twenties and thirties, you are just going to make it harder on yourself because you will keep searching for something better each time and that stops you from progressing as you end up chasing perceived perfection

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

• aynina
            aynina commented
            Editing a comment
            Yea your right sis, age isn't such a big deal, if you meet someone and tgeir character is good, who cares about age, i guess its something like skin color

• zi-zizou
            zi-zizou commented
            Editing a comment
            Age is generally less of an issue for women when they are looking for a man. I mean they would quite happily marry someone older. For men it's a different kettle of fish. If she's in her 30s, many men will think her looks will fade in a few years at best or at worst it's already started.

Ha. People are actually treating this as a serious question.

Comment

Difficult to mold.

Takes lots of effort to help her give up her wrong ways.

Unless, she is very Religious from the start.

Then, its an advantage.
            Watch those eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
              Next we'll need a thread on the disadvantages of marrying a 20 year old,

Budi follows that Kaafir Hamza Yusuf, the same Kaafir who claimed the Hudood of Allah عز و جل does mot really apply nowadays, amongst other stuff, so this is a small issue in comparison.

​​​​​
              http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post

Next we'll need a thread on the disadvantages of marrying a 20 year old,

Budi follows that Kaafir Hamza Yusuf, the same Kaafir who claimed the Hudood of Allah عز و جل does mot really apply nowadays, amongst other stuff, so this is a small issue in comparison.

​​​​​
                Facepalm

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post

These can be advantages but also disadvantages in the way that she may have gotten high expectations, being alone all this time she has set a certain standard, so used to her own routine and such, that she will have a harder time adjusting to someone new, new routines, not being able to be selfish anymore after being single for so long, (if shes not divorced)
                    Younger people have high expectations. Not someone in their thirties.

Comment

• aynina
                      aynina commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Some people just dont get married until they are 30 because of their expectations

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

Younger people have high expectations. Not someone in their thirties.
                    Some people are stubborn and will stick with it even when all the evidence points to making compromises. So someone in their thirties could have a high opinion of themselves and expect that special one.

Remind you of anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                      Make this a sticky thread...it's got UF sparkle all over it.

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post

Some people are stubborn and will stick with it even when all the evidence points to making compromises. So someone in their thirties could have a high opinion of themselves and expect that special one.

Remind you of anyone?
                        ... Who...?

Comment

Working...
                        X