Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to talk to Christian girl about Islam

Assalamualikum brothers and sisters,
    I would like to ask for some advice for my situation. Me and the girl I will be talking about are both twenty and we go to University together. I know already that what I have done is not within the rules of Islam and I am trying to make a change, but I hope that you will still hear me out on my situation and give me advice.
    Around 5 months ago I started to fall in love with a christian girl. I knew from the start it is wrong, but I was trying to justify it with the fact that a Muslim man can marry a christian girl. However, I knew that my parents would not approve of this view and I asked her if it would be possible to convert back then but she said no. A few months in, I started to learn more about her and something came up about her past that I do not approve of and as a result, I do not feel the same as I did before. We did not have any forms of sex, but I cannot justify my acts.

Over the 5 months, I also started learning more about Islam myself and am currently trying to change myself. However, I do not want to give up on her so I asked her again if it would be possible to think about it and yet again she said no. I asked her if she knows anything about the religion and she said she knows that we are supposed to eat halal meat and that's about all she knows. I told her if it would be possible for her to learn about the religion and she said yes, but she said that she cannot convert. That night I told her about the basic principles of Islam and the main differences with Islam and Christianity.
    In my eyes, I don't believe that she is a devout Christian as it seems like I know more about Christianity than her (she doesn't know any of the 10 commandments and asked me what prophets are). I want to teach her about Islam and become a better person myself. If anyone could give me some advice on how I could speak to her about it and what approach I should take, I would really appreciate it. Again, I know I have done wrong and if any advice can be given on that it would be appreciated as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ananapal View Post
      Assalamualikum brothers and sisters,
      I would like to ask for some advice for my situation. Me and the girl I will be talking about are both twenty and we go to University together. I know already that what I have done is not within the rules of Islam and I am trying to make a change, but I hope that you will still hear me out on my situation and give me advice.
      Around 5 months ago I started to fall in love with a christian girl. I knew from the start it is wrong, but I was trying to justify it with the fact that a Muslim man can marry a christian girl. However, I knew that my parents would not approve of this view and I asked her if it would be possible to convert back then but she said no. A few months in, I started to learn more about her and something came up about her past that I do not approve of and as a result, I do not feel the same as I did before. We did not have any forms of sex, but I cannot justify my acts.

Over the 5 months, I also started learning more about Islam myself and am currently trying to change myself. However, I do not want to give up on her so I asked her again if it would be possible to think about it and yet again she said no. I asked her if she knows anything about the religion and she said she knows that we are supposed to eat halal meat and that's about all she knows. I told her if it would be possible for her to learn about the religion and she said yes, but she said that she cannot convert. That night I told her about the basic principles of Islam and the main differences with Islam and Christianity.
      In my eyes, I don't believe that she is a devout Christian as it seems like I know more about Christianity than her (she doesn't know any of the 10 commandments and asked me what prophets are). I want to teach her about Islam and become a better person myself. If anyone could give me some advice on how I could speak to her about it and what approach I should take, I would really appreciate it. Again, I know I have done wrong and if any advice can be given on that it would be appreciated as well.

Trying to Justify an evil through the facade of "Dawah" ain't fooling anyone but yourself.

Nauzubillah

If you want to do the right thing ...

Fear Allah azzawajal and cut of all relation with this girl,

Stop following your desires and lower your gaze and avoid trying to chat up a kaafira,

It is not your job to do dawah to them, thats the sisters job.
      Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 05-08-18, 02:43 PM.
      http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Working...
      X