The Real Reason Why We Reverts Marry Outside Our Race

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Real Reason Why We Reverts Marry Outside Our Race

As salaamu alaikum, I have heard the common misconception that revert men marry outside their race because they hate their race, or are looking for a race that has lighter skin, etc etc. This stuff is baatil and can amount to having bad thoughts about people's motives. I made this thread from a man's perspective because I'm tried of reverts catching hell from people raised Muslim for seeking sisters outside their race and people speaking for us. The truth of the matter is this, revert men marry outside their race for numerous reasons:

1. If you are a revert then you are a religious minority in your own race because the majority of the women in your ethnic group are KUFFAR. Remember, a revert has NO native Muslim country or immigrate population coming over that he can go towards for marriage. Yes if you are a white revert then there are white Muslim women and if you are a black revert there are black Muslim women, but most white/black women in your society are going to be Christian/atheist and a large portion of the Muslim women near you are going to be a different race. That is a demographic fact, once again, revert men do not have an foreign community to marry from or a native country.

2. Most revert men had relationships in yaum al-jahiliyah with women from different races and cultures or grew up liking women from different races. For example, a white or black revert who grew up loving or liking Asian women is not going to all of the sudden stop liking Asian women just because he took shahada. All those years pre-Islam he liked all sorts of women, but now that he is Muslim he can only like one type? That is unreasonable. Sometimes, mixed race relationships are more accepted outside the Muslim community then inside it, therefore we never grew up with the mentality that our future wife MUST be from their race. That is the racial complex invented by the foreign and second generation Muslim community that we did not grow up with in Jahiliyah. That mentality is imposed on us when we seek marriage, then when we refuse to accept that mentality, we are accused of hating our own race. We grew up doing haram with women from every race, why do people in the Muslim community prevent us from doing halal with different races in ISLAM?

3. Most revert men have no problem marrying within their race, because a person doesn't mind someone of a different race does not mean that he ruled out his own race. I do not understand why people believe that since a white/black revert has asked for the hand of an Arab/Desi sister that this means he wouldn't have married a white/black woman. The simple fact is that he saw something in that sister he liked. Everything doesn't have to have evil motives behind it.

First time i heared that misconception
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

don't let that get to you. There are much bigger concerns for believers...
      Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
      " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

Comment

Is that common? News to me.

Comment

Walaykum salam,

Good post brother.
          The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Working...
          X