Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips on how to guide mother about Niqaab

Salam alaykum

Recently my mother prevented me from pursuing a sister on the basis that she wears niqaab

She says that its not obligatory and that someone wearing niqaab would not 'fit' into our family

I have tried to guide her on this issue but have been unsuccessful so far

Would appreciate any tips or quotes or videos that I can pass on to her

JazakhAllah khair

Have you ever pondered over the fact that when a woman dies, no ghair mehram is allowed to look at her face. She is shrouded in 5 pieces of cloth and inspite of being covered from head to toe in those 5 garments, a screen is still put over her body when she is being taken for burial so that no man can look at her body. Majority of the Muslims follow these rites of burial religiously.

If Allah has commanded so much modesty for His female slave after her death, how much more would be applicable when she is alive?

Today, we have made a joke of our deen and reduced hijab to a piece of cloth to be worn over the head. Whereas Islam frees women from being every man's eye-candy, and clearly states that her appearance and sexuality are not public domain. They are a privilege bestowed upon only those who are worthy, and worthiness is determined by whether or not one is fit to spend a lifetime with her. That means her soul mate--her husband.

Islam switches the gauge of woman's worth from outer beauty to inner beauty and brains. How? Since sexuality is no longer a public affair, the yard stick has to be taped next to personality and intelligence instead. Anyone who doubts this has only to try and rate the anatomy of a bunch of Niqabis against each other on a scale of one to ten. It's impossible. You can't judge their physical attributes when you can't even see them! No one can see niqabis because they are not subjected to public scrutiny, no one knows a thing about them. And because no one knows and no one sees, no one cares.

The niqab is an act of obedience to God, the niqab is modesty, the niqab is purity, the niqab is a shield, the niqab is an act of righteousness and a yardstick by which you can measure the level of a Muslim woman's faith and belief. The niqab is a means through which women can regain ultimate control of their own bodies. A woman who wears niqab allows herself to be judged only by who she is, what she says and does, how she interacts, and not on what was allotted to her physically.

On the other hand, women who let their beauty and anatomy hang in the breeze can be easily compared, scrutinized, dissected and categorized. A 'beautiful' woman (with make-up, inadequate clothing, mental complexes involving her self-worth etc-) is a good woman regardless of whether she is a malicious gossip or has double standards or is a tyrant in her own home. An 'ugly' woman (with no makeup, modest clothing, realistic attitude about the impermanence and irrelevance of beauty) is a bad woman, no matter how kind, how intelligent or how compassionate she is.

What is happening today is this: a 'beautiful' woman feels as though she somehow had a hand in her creation; Aauthuoobillah, is proud of her looks, acts as though her good features are the direct results of her hard work somehow, and not at all to a combination of genes completely outside of her sphere of influence. One wonders; what's the point of turning yourself into a walking aphrodisiac to begin with? Why start the mower if you're not going to cut the grass with every man on the street? It certainly doesn't contribute to a woman's dignity! If a woman wants her worth to be judged by internal merits, then she won't over-shadow them with a display of flesh that historically, biologically and inevitably arouses lust. Not respect or honor or reverence.

Islam believes in equality of men and women. 'Equality' does not mean 'identicality'. In Islam, the role of a man and woman is complimentary, it is not conflicting. It is that of a partnership; it is not contradictory, so as to strive for supremacy. Western talk of women's liberation is nothing but a disguised form of exploitation of her body, degradation of her soul, and deprivation of her honor. The western world calls on Muslim countries for the emancipation and liberation of women. We will be liberated from what may I ask? From ALLAH, Subhanwataala, and his commands? From the Holy Quran and the Sunnah of our Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him? From this religion that ALLAH has chosen and designated for us? From paradise?

As Muslims of this world, we are supposed to be brothers and sisters. We are not here to oppress one another by making it impossible to practice our religion. What we choose for ourselves is our own decision, and it is between us and ALLAH, but to openly state that integral parts of Islam are not from Islam is open shirk, may Allah save us from this. When someone denies an aspect of Islam to the non-believers it gives them a chance to hurt us, oppress us, even subjugate us. It gives them a basis for their oppression -- a precedent, a sort of superiority over us.

The constant turmoil facing the Muslims throughout the world today are a result of our own actions and deeds. We are the ones who have stopped adhering to ALLAH'S, Subhanwataala's, commands. We Muslims are the ones who have abandoned and deserted our religion. We are the ones doing reprehensible deeds and constantly choking our faith. We are the ones who have let down our Prophet (pbuh) and his Sunnah. We, us, ourselves are the ones actually to blame.

Comment

Maybe if she were to meet the girl she would have a change of heart?

My mother feels the same about niqabis. Tbh she is kinda right as my family is not religious. Perhaps a religious niqabi wouldn't feel comfortable marrying into such a family. But it's still the ideal wife for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
        Maybe if she were to meet the girl she would have a change of heart?

My mother feels the same about niqabis. Tbh she is kinda right as my family is not religious. Perhaps a religious niqabi wouldn't feel comfortable marrying into such a family. But it's still the ideal wife for me.
        And i remember when i was speaking to u tryna persuade u about niqaab

the son has learnt

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

And i remember when i was speaking to u tryna persuade u about niqaab

the son has learnt
          99% of hijabis here are jokes, unfortunately.

When a woman is really serious about the deen, she usually wears niqab. That's what I've noticed.
          ​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post

99% of hijabis here are jokes, unfortunately.

When a woman is really serious about the deen, she usually wears niqab. That's what I've noticed.
            ​​​​
            America the land of dreams
            america the land of disbelief

why do you think the prophet emphasized not to be around the mushrikeen

Comment

She needs to meet some sisters who wear niqab and spend time getting to know one. These opinions will change overtime as she gets more exposed to it.
              شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
              فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
              وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
              ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

Working...
              X