Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christian wife/Muslim Husband: What are the rights of the wife in this case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christian wife/Muslim Husband: What are the rights of the wife in this case?

Salam~!

Let me start off by my background!

I am a Christian woman from a western country. I married a muslim man 4 years ago and we have 2 sons. When we got married my husband was not very religious, but the birth of your sons has made him MUCH more religious.

It is altogether a good thing because he has become a lot more support of me as a mum and he has stopped drinking so much. But he has started to pressure me more on religion and stuff. For instance, he now says that our children CANNOT celebrate christmas or Easter anymore. We agreed to raise the children muslim, but I think they should at least be able to know a bit about their mums background and have fun on the holidays. Now he says he wants MORE children haha! Basically, he wants to "build the ummah" because there are not a lot of muslims here he thinks we need to have a lot of children because there is a small muslim community here. I just want two!

He has also started to put restrictions on me going out and has even tried to get me to dress like a muslim woman.

I know muslims can marry christian women, and they are supposed to respect the christian wife even if they are religious muslim men, what rights do I have under islam to make him chill out?

I don't know your rights but it makes me laugh how these men love marrying Christian women then get surprised at what they have got themselves into. I don't think he has got 'more ' religious, I think he has just started acting like a Muslim. We're not supposed to drink or participate in Pagan celebrations.

Also you should have thought twice about who you made kids with. If you agreed to bringing them up Muslim then you should have done your research.

Here is a fatwa

Is it permissible to allow a Christian wife to practise her religion in the home?

al-Mughni
    and another one >>>>>>>>>>> https://islamqa.info/en/70177
    Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Originally posted by shay5 View Post

Also you should have thought twice about who you made kids with. If you agreed to bringing them up Muslim then you should have done your research.

and another one >>>>>>>>>>> https://islamqa.info/en/70177
      Go easy Im trying my BEST

Comment

Originally posted by FrejaLovesLife View Post

Go easy Im trying my BEST
        Sorry, I'm not trying to be harsh but these things you dont ask 2 kids down the line. You don't sound compatible, either you give in or he does.
        Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Working...
        X