What do you call your mother in law?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you call your mother in law?

If you're married what do you call your MIL? (How do you address her)
    Do you call her mum, mrs, aunt, ??????
    Last edited by shay5; 28-05-18, 10:06 PM.
    Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Mother in law..
    إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Comment

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post
      Mother in law..
      That is her relation to you but how do you address her? You actually call out 'mother in law' lols
      Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

you call her madam

Comment

I call her (and my father in law) by name

Comment

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

very complicated question
              الحق لا يعرف بالرجال، اعرف الحق تعرف رجاله

Comment

The enem-

Mum. :]
                LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
                -------------------------------
                "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
                NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Comment

Aunty

Comment

Dragon lady
                      It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
                      "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Comment

I'm kidding btw I'm not married
                        It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
                        "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Comment

I call my MIL "Ammi" (the same way my husband addresses her).

My MIL gets highly offended if I address her as "saas" (mother in-law) in front of anyone. Infact, she gets offended even if a stranger adrresses her as ~TS~' saas. My MIL hates being called a MIL even though she is one lol.

When she's around, I have to introduce her as Ammi just to make her happy. This confuses a lot of people and when they cross-question whether she is "my" mother, I simply say she's my husband's mother. But never mother in-law.

She tells me as long as I address her as "mom", she will have motherly feelings towards me, and if I call her "saas", then her attitude and behaviour will also become like that of a typical MIL.

Well... whatever makes her happy.

Comment

Originally posted by ~TwinklingStar~ View Post
                            I call my MIL "Ammi" (the same way my husband addresses her).

My MIL gets highly offended if I address her as "saas" (mother in-law) in front of anyone. Infact, she gets offended even if a stranger adrresses her as ~TS~' saas. My MIL hates being called a MIL even though she is one lol.

When she's around, I have to introduce her as Ammi just to make her happy. This confuses a lot of people and when they cross-question whether she is "my" mother, I simply say she's my husband's mother. But never mother in-law.

She tells me as long as I address her as "mom", she will have motherly feelings towards me, and if I call her "saas", then her attitude and behaviour will also become like that of a typical MIL.

Well... whatever makes her happy.

Yes same,

Mother in law are our mahram by marriage,

جزاك الله خيرا
                            http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post
                              Umm husband
                              'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Working...
                              X