Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'If you're a pervert now, you'll be a pervert after marriage'

Assalamualikum,

I hope you are benefitting from fasting. One of the reasons for fasting is to abstain from bad speech, anger and any other desires that can ruin our souls or harden our hearts.

These can cause distraction in salah.

I wanted to share this video with you as a GIFT to you if you have not watched it already.

It is very short, about eleven minutes.

It speaks briefly about shame, hayaa and as Muslims we seem to have forgotten this great concept of hayaa.

*NO one is perfect but you can STRIVE for it*

Having shame is rare.

Where is hayaa? Everyone knows about it but they forget about it and follow the hayaa less crowd.

I have said before in my previous messages about lowering gaze, problems within marriages, people that are desperate for haram relationships, it's all because we have no shame. We are bombarded with brainwashing to make us think that it's ok to be dirty minded and accept that it is all normal.

Becoming a dog after being a human is not normal and it's quite daunting as this will happen to a specific type of sinners on the day of judgement. (Correct me if I'm wrong). May Allah have mercy on us. Ameen.

Maybe someone that has become an addict to shamelessness will come across this thread and I hope it influences them positively unlike the very destructive influences around us. If you don't notice these tiny and big messages offering you shamelessness, something is wrong.

We have to make a big deal out of hayaa because they don't. They mock that concept so we should avoid becoming like the shameless and bring hayaa back into our lives for peace and purity of our souls and minds.

Start today and take it seriously, you are doing it for yourself, not me, not your parents, not for show, but for your own akhira.

Protect yourself, respect yourself as much as possible because it is truly vile out there, for both genders. This is a reminder for myself too.

Jazak Allah hu khair

P.s please don't stop watching because of the speaker. Focus on the subject.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=vqjdJqkr-g4
    (Youtube link so be warned about any ads)
    ​​
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Another excellent reminder:

https://youtu.be/cyBscqdPw1Y

​​​​​​

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

Zina of the eyes is one of the most understated sins nowadays
      ​​​​​​
      Most people think nothing of it,

Nevemind the fact that it destroys the heart.
      ​​​​​​
      Then we get the "Only God can judge" brigade

نعوذ بالله من ذلك
      Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 05-06-18, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Yes, that's true saif uddin.

Also, just wanted to add that there are more sins to stay away from not just zina.

I am focusing on zina as it seems not only common but something that isn't taken seriously. This is the marriage section so the best thread for it.

Comment

JazakAllahu khiaran for sharing
          قلبي لله . روحي لله . مالي لله . كلّي لله

Comment

Very true, and good reminders for us all, though it will be easy for many who fall into these sins to dismiss given a certain level of hypocrisy of the one giving the reminder in the talks,
            which was a tragedy in terms of misguiding so many who had previously listened to him and taken him as a guide in terms of our deen.
            FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
              Assalamualikum,

I hope you are benefitting from fasting. One of the reasons for fasting is to abstain from bad speech, anger and any other desires that can ruin our souls or harden our hearts.

These can cause distraction in salah.

I wanted to share this video with you as a GIFT to you if you have not watched it already.

It is very short, about eleven minutes.

It speaks briefly about shame, hayaa and as Muslims we seem to have forgotten this great concept of hayaa.

*NO one is perfect but you can STRIVE for it*

Having shame is rare.

Where is hayaa? Everyone knows about it but they forget about it and follow the hayaa less crowd.

I have said before in my previous messages about lowering gaze, problems within marriages, people that are desperate for haram relationships, it's all because we have no shame. We are bombarded with brainwashing to make us think that it's ok to be dirty minded and accept that it is all normal.

Becoming a dog after being a human is not normal and it's quite daunting as this will happen to a specific type of sinners on the day of judgement. (Correct me if I'm wrong). May Allah have mercy on us. Ameen.

Maybe someone that has become an addict to shamelessness will come across this thread and I hope it influences them positively unlike the very destructive influences around us. If you don't notice these tiny and big messages offering you shamelessness, something is wrong.

We have to make a big deal out of hayaa because they don't. They mock that concept so we should avoid becoming like the shameless and bring hayaa back into our lives for peace and purity of our souls and minds.

Start today and take it seriously, you are doing it for yourself, not me, not your parents, not for show, but for your own akhira.

Protect yourself, respect yourself as much as possible because it is truly vile out there, for both genders. This is a reminder for myself too.

Jazak Allah hu khair

P.s please don't stop watching because of the speaker. Focus on the subject.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=vqjdJqkr-g4
              (Youtube link so be warned about any ads)
              ​​
              Pervs Adulterers, Fornicators all in the same dirty boat

نعوذ بالله من ذلك

Comment

Originally posted by Gingerbeardman View Post
                Very true, and good reminders for us all, though it will be easy for many who fall into these sins to dismiss given a certain level of hypocrisy of the one giving the reminder in the talks,
                which was a tragedy in terms of misguiding so many who had previously listened to him and taken him as a guide in terms of our deen.
                It goes to show that no one should be arrogant when it comes to practising the deen. Anyone can fall into Zina.

It is disappointing though - a lot of people listened to his works and looked upto him.

Comment

Originally posted by Gingerbeardman View Post
                  i thought he was just chatting
                  i didnt know it went all the way
                  are u sure

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

It goes to show that no one should be arrogant when it comes to practising the deen. Anyone can fall into Zina.

It is disappointing though - a lot of people listened to his works and looked upto him.
                    Story of barseesah comes to thought
                    he was an aabid a pioud worshipper and he fell into zina big time

it can happen to anyone
                    thats why Allah says dont go near zina
                    (not dont do zina)
                    dont go near it coz once your near your more likely to fall into it no matter how pious u are
                    never think your not vulnerable to it

and thats also the beauty of segregation

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

Story of barseesah comes to thought
                      he was an aabid a pioud worshipper and he fell into zina big time

it can happen to anyone
                      thats why Allah says dont go near zina
                      (not dont do zina)
                      dont go near it coz once your near your more likely to fall into it no matter how pious u are
                      never think your not vulnerable to it

and thats also the beauty of segregation
                      It's so commonplace... The lack of proper segregation in places of learning and at talks/events...

Even if sisters were wearing niqaab and observing hijaab carefully, that type of thing should really be avoided. Instead we have sisters with faces exposed, with colourful scarves and eye-catchingly dressed (probably without realising it), talking and interacting freely, laughing with the ustaadh / speaker in classroom settings.

And then we have these types of situations arising.

It should be up to those arranging these things and those teaching to be careful in these matters.

I guess I'm old-fashioned, but the scholars of even the past few decades would be strict with these things. Maybe it didn't eradicate things like this completely, but I'm sure it made things like this a lot less likely to occur.
                      LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
                      -------------------------------
                      "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
                      NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

This is true a guy who has been going nightclibs slept with 100s of women even after marriage at minimum will continue looking at other women because their mind is now a filth

Comment

Originally posted by salaam_7cgen View Post
                          This is true a guy who has been going nightclibs slept with 100s of women even after marriage at minimum will continue looking at other women because their mind is now a filth
                          that is not true, its just your bias.

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

It's true, no one is immune to it and that is the scary part. Including scholars, many forget that scholars are men, they are not invincible perfect beings.

I don't know much about this particular speaker (or the accusations against him) but the message in the video was good for this topic.

I agree with what the members are saying, especially about segregation

I think they should make it compulsory for women to wear niqab and burka when attending seminars or the likes

I have attended a mosque and I have seen the dress code is not up to the standards it should be

A few sisters had tight clothes on, make up, camel hump (high bun), one in particular had skinny jeans on, I thought I was seeing things, I know I am not perfect but seriously I was confused, I just looked and thought it can't be, but it was.

If I'm confused as a born Muslim, it will confuse a new comer and everyone that is trying to learn about the religion. These things cause different opinions and lead to arguments.

It would help if they had notices on the wall to say that there is a strict dress code here. It encourages people to wear correct hijab.

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri View Post

It's so commonplace... The lack of proper segregation in places of learning and at talks/events...

Even if sisters were wearing niqaab and observing hijaab carefully, that type of thing should really be avoided. Instead we have sisters with faces exposed, with colourful scarves and eye-catchingly dressed (probably without realising it), talking and interacting freely, laughing with the ustaadh / speaker in classroom settings.

And then we have these types of situations arising.

It should be up to those arranging these things and those teaching to be careful in these matters.

I guess I'm old-fashioned, but the scholars of even the past few decades would be strict with these things. Maybe it didn't eradicate things like this completely, but I'm sure it made things like this a lot less likely to occur.
                              Yes

I have noticed the humour and jokes are getting out of hand

Some start getting a 'crush'

Best to keep it cold and to the point, learning about religion does not need the entertainment factor all the time

I actually attended a lecture (my first one), there were more women rushing to get the autograph of the speaker, as soon as he started to speak - there was excitement, I thought they were going to start screaming his name

I didn't approve of that, following that celebrity type of culture, they were queing up for the book

Comment

Working...
                              X