Christian wanting to marry a Muslim man

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christian wanting to marry a Muslim man

I am an active and practicing Christian woman, and I agree with very many points of Islam (set aside just a few). As a Christian, the churches say we can date, however, I find dating to be impermissible and very much agree with the Islamic rulings of marriage. Am I as a Christian woman allowed to go to a mosque and tell the imam that I am ready to get married? Do you think he would turn me away, or help me find a suitable Muslim spouse? Many thanks for the advice and rulings, and asalaamu alaikum!

Originally posted by catebell10 View Post
    I am an active and practicing Christian woman, and I agree with very many points of Islam (set aside just a few). As a Christian, the churches say we can date, however, I find dating to be impermissible and very much agree with the Islamic rulings of marriage. Am I as a Christian woman allowed to go to a mosque and tell the imam that I am ready to get married? Do you think he would turn me away, or help me find a suitable Muslim spouse? Many thanks for the advice and rulings, and asalaamu alaikum!
    Peace be upon those who receive guidance

Can i ask why you haven't accepted Islam?

Do you believe in Muhammad صلى الله عليه وعلى آله وسلم as the final messenger and the Qur'an as the final testament from Allah عز و جل?
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post

Can i ask why you haven't accepted Islam?

Do you believe in Muhammad صلى الله عليه وعلى آله وسلم as the final messenger and the Qur'an as the final testament from Allah عز و جل?
      No, I don't accept all of it, just a lot of it

Comment

No, I don't accept all of it, just a lot of it

Can I ask why not ?

And why you accept the bible?

Are you aware that the book has been tampered with, that it contains a lot of errors including indecency attributed to God all mighty?

Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 21-05-18, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Can I ask why not ?

And why you accept the bible?

Are you aware that the book has been tampered with, that it contains a lot of errors including indecency attributed to God all mighty?
          I accept the Bible because I believe what it says. I'm Christian because my soul is on fire for God. He gave the most precious sign of love to the earth. I'm not here to argue faith though, I just would like my original question answered.

Comment

I accept the Bible because I believe what it says. I'm Christian because my soul is on fire for God. He gave the most precious sign of love to the earth. I'm not here to argue faith though, I just would like my original question answered.

If i recall correctly the bible says come let us reason together, correct me if I'm mistaken.

So what does the Bible tell you need to do for salvation, according to Christianity?

Bear with me as this relates directly to your op
            Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 21-05-18, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Yes you are free to marry a Muslim man. The imam can't ignore your request and it's recommended that you do. Don't revert to Islam unless you want to revert yourself. You can stay Christian and marry s Muslim man. But you must commit to the vows of marriage n be loyal. It's a big thing in Islam yo be modest

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker123 View Post
                Yes you are free to marry a Muslim man. The imam can't ignore your request and it's recommended that you do. Don't revert to Islam unless you want to revert yourself. You can stay Christian and marry s Muslim man. But you must commit to the vows of marriage n be loyal. It's a big thing in Islam yo be modest
                Thanks! I do believe in hair covering, so I don't think that would be a problem

Comment

Actually the Imaam can, he isn't obligated to help a non muslim woman marry a Muslim man,

There are several conditions attached to a Muslim man being permitted to marry a a Christian or Jewish woman.

Its actually discouraged for a Muslim man to marry a Jewish or Christian woman, for several reasons.

https://islamqa.info/en/45645

I advise you not to make stuff up next time.

Regards
                  Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 21-05-18, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Thanks! I do believe in hair covering, so I don't think that would be a problem
                    Can you tell why you would want to marry a Muslim man, when you believe he's going to hell?
                    ​​​​​​
                    As per your bible

Comment

Can you tell why you would want to marry a Muslim man, when you believe he's going to hell?
                      ​​​​​​
                      As per your bible
                      I don't necessarily believe that. Who goes to heaven and hell isn't a black and white matter, and there are always exceptions and situations where non-Christians will not be sent to hell. God loves us and understands what we've been exposed to and what's in our hearts. As a Christian, I believe that if you truly do not know or understand the message of Christianity as its told from a Christian perspective, no harm will come to you. I would like to kindly ask that you refrain from bringing up my beliefs in this matter again. It was not part of the original question. I don't need to defend my beliefs right now, I just want to know if I can marry a Muslim man and if imams would help someone in a situation like this. Thank you for your concern.

Comment

Dont take everybodies advice on here. There are some sad people on this forum. Marry who you want without feeling the need to revert. I recommend you only revert by choice and not for marriage. But don't feel like you have to. You are perfectly fine bring Christian and sticking to your tenants of faith.

My brother is married to a Christian white lady and they are happy. They have kids together and their marriage works better than a Christian couple. He never once tried to bring her to Islam and she's thinking of reverting by choice anyways. That's the right way.

Comment

I am a former Christian who converted to Islam when I discovered it.
                          I found that as a Muslim, I have a stronger and truer love and belief in Jesus that I didn't have as a Christian.
                          Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
                          " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

Comment

Dont take everybodies advice on here. There are some sad people on this forum. Marry who you want without feeling the need to revert. I recommend you only revert by choice and not for marriage. But don't feel like you have to. You are perfectly fine bring Christian and sticking to your tenants of faith.

My brother is married to a Christian white lady and they are happy. They have kids together and their marriage works better than a Christian couple. He never once tried to bring her to Islam and she's thinking of reverting by choice anyways. That's the right way.
                            Dont speak your nonsense

Comment

I don't necessarily believe that. Who goes to heaven and hell isn't a black and white matter, and there are always exceptions and situations where non-Christians will not be sent to hell. God loves us and understands what we've been exposed to and what's in our hearts. As a Christian, I believe that if you truly do not know or understand the message of Christianity as its told from a Christian perspective, no harm will come to you. I would like to kindly ask that you refrain from bringing up my beliefs in this matter again. It was not part of the original question. I don't need to defend my beliefs right now, I just want to know if I can marry a Muslim man and if imams would help someone in a situation like this. Thank you for your concern.
                              Just for the record, so you dont come to us on Judgement Day claiming otherwise....

In Islam, who goes to Hell is alot more black/white.

Christians (Trinitarians) go to Hell and they stay there forever. There is no parole. Why? They committed the no.1 cardinal sin in Islam: Shirk.

God is loving and forgiving in Islam, God forgives all sins, but not towards those who die on Shirk. Not towards those who ascribe partners to Him
                              in Lordship and Divinity and worship His Creation (i.e. Jesus + Mary) when they were commanded (in the Torah, in the Psalms, in the original Gospel
                              and the Koran) to worship only God, and God alone.

Maybe your Muslim husband-to-be has told you this, i imagine he probably doesn't want to rock the boat. But we are telling you just to be crystal clear.

Peace be upon those who receive guidance.

https://islamqa.info/en/12053
                              Last edited by coffeecat; 21-05-18, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X