Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comparing between your spouse and others

Assalamualaikum

I've heard that comparing your spouse and others that you with regards to some matters and verbally mentioning during discussions it will bring world war 3.
    Is there ever a positive outcome you can expect out of it? Not just comparing your spouse, but you compare your ownself with others during a discussion. Whether you are in the positive light or the negative light.

Your thoughts and experience on the matter.
    marriage issues

Originally posted by MuslimThinker View Post
    Assalamualaikum

I've heard that comparing your spouse and others that you with regards to some matters and verbally mentioning during discussions it will bring world war 3.
    Is there ever a positive outcome you can expect out of it? Not just comparing your spouse, but you compare your ownself with others during a discussion. Whether you are in the positive light or the negative light.

marriage issues
    If you mean to compare yourself to better yourself in Deen, akhlaq etc then that's perfectly fine,

Otherwise this sort of thing does nothing but cause problems between husband and wife and turns into a belittling contest.

This also often shows that the person doing the comparing has not lowered their gaze, like sisters praising non mehrem brother's and vice versa,
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by MuslimThinker View Post
      Assalamualaikum

marriage issues
      Yeah, don't do it. It won't go down well.

Comment

up

Comment

Surah Al-Baqarah : Ayah 148

​فَٱسْتَبِقُوا ٱلْخَيْرَٰتِۚ

... So hasten towards all that is good ...

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Working...
          X