Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get married in USA, please read question and response.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get married in USA, please read question and response.

Assalam u Alykum all,
    A couple is interested to get married. Male is living in Pakistan and Female is an American and living in USA. Male is already married in Pakistan and interested to get 2nd marriage in presence of first wife with her.
    Now my question is what are the guidelines and legal way to get married with her. how can she call him in USA and does US law accept online marriages?
    Jaza Kallah.

You still hunting for a 2nd wife?

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
      You still hunting for a 2nd wife?
      It is not hunting, it is Islam....

Comment

Originally posted by ismail34pk View Post
        Assalam u Alykum all,
        A couple is interested to get married. Male is living in Pakistan and Female is an American and living in USA. Male is already married in Pakistan and interested to get 2nd marriage in presence of first wife with her.
        Now my question is what are the guidelines and legal way to get married with her. how can she call him in USA and does US law accept online marriages?
        Jaza Kallah.
        Why does she need to call him to the USA? Why does she not move to Pakistan so husband can live with both wives.

Comment

It is illegal in America to marry more than one spouse at a time. The government has for many decades set up barriers to stop international marriages that oppose American laws. For example, a foreign national interested in marrying an American and wants to do so in America must be interviewed at a U.S. embassy with legal documents including criminal background reports from local police and govt offices. In these reports will also be your marital status. So your Pakistani local government will actually report to the U.S. govt if you are married according to Pakistani law. In this case, you will be denied an entry visa and will be red flagged for future visa entries, like a tourist visa.

Of course, Islam does NOT require Muslims throughout the world to obey America and follow American law. So if you are serious about marrying an American woman as your 2nd wife, then you have to make the sacrifices which would include not reporting your Islamic marriage to any government, nor expecting the governments and legal order to recognize your marriage.

If the the motive of a marriage to an American woman was to obtain a visa on a path to citizenship and residence in America, then that is a different issue.
          Last edited by Abu Kamel; 06-05-18, 09:54 PM.
          Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
          " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

Comment

you will need some papers that prove you are single in order to marry in USA

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post

Why does she need to call him to the USA? Why does she not move to Pakistan so husband can live with both wives.
              She is already settled and don't want to take risk as she has good job. Although I don't need nothing from her but She doesn't agree.

Comment

Originally posted by 4N45 View Post
                you will need some papers that prove you are single in order to marry in USA
                I don't want deceive as official marriage is not important for me. I don't need citizenship as well. only i need how do I stay over there.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Kamel View Post
                  It is illegal in America to marry more than one spouse at a time. The government has for many decades set up barriers to stop international marriages that oppose American laws. For example, a foreign national interested in marrying an American and wants to do so in America must be interviewed at a U.S. embassy with legal documents including criminal background reports from local police and govt offices. In these reports will also be your marital status. So your Pakistani local government will actually report to the U.S. govt if you are married according to Pakistani law. In this case, you will be denied an entry visa and will be red flagged for future visa entries, like a tourist visa.

Of course, Islam does NOT require Muslims throughout the world to obey America and follow American law. So if you are serious about marrying an American woman as your 2nd wife, then you have to make the sacrifices which would include not reporting your Islamic marriage to any government, nor expecting the governments and legal order to recognize your marriage.

If the the motive of a marriage to an American woman was to obtain a visa on a path to citizenship and residence in America, then that is a different issue.
                  It never came in my mind to take citizenship for taking worldly benefits. Allah SWT is enough for me. But the problem is what will be the way through which I can get visa easily. and as far as US law is concerned so you told 100% right. I don't need make official contract just need to make nikkah in the Masjid with other Islamic formalities. She doesn't agree to come in Pakistan even I am welloff and well settled in city Karachi and have very beautiful family as well.

Comment

She is already settled and don't want to take risk as she has good job. Although I don't need nothing from her but She doesn't agree.
                    So she is forcing you to move to the US? What about your wife in Pakistan, will she be moving with you?

Comment

...I don't need citizenship as well. only i need how do I stay over there.
                      -_-

Comment

It never came in my mind to take citizenship for taking worldly benefits. Allah SWT is enough for me. But the problem is what will be the way through which I can get visa easily. and as far as US law is concerned so you told 100% right. I don't need make official contract just need to make nikkah in the Masjid with other Islamic formalities. She doesn't agree to come in Pakistan even I am welloff and well settled in city Karachi and have very beautiful family as well.
                        Al hamdulillah you are well off in Karachi. It is the loss of the American woman that she does not want to live among Muslims. There are many western women who moved to live among and marry Muslims and have lived nice lives. Sometimes American and Western women have irrational fears of leaving the West, and irrational fears of living among Muslims. Even when they are Muslim. I know of many Western women who have left the West to live among Muslims and have lived good lives, but this requires courage and is a difficult test for any person, to leave their homeland.

It is a matter of the person first, to believe in Allah. And next, to seek Allah's guidance to strengthen her heart and offer serenity with emigration from the kufr West. It is often strange to see kafir Western women boldly living among Muslims in Arabia, while Muslim women of the West are afraid to leave the West, and look towards Muslims and Arabia as beneath them.

Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
                        " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

Comment

You need a K1 fiance visa, when you arrive in the US you will have to marry her within 90 days and then the process to get a spouse visa begins.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...iance-k-1.html

You can read all about it there. Will wife number 1 be dumped in Pakistan when you make a new life with with number 2?
                          Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Assalam u Alykum all,
                            Jaza Kallah.
                            Because you are already married in a country that I am assuming accepts plural marriage, this might be valid in US. This forum is not the place for legal advice. Speak to an attorney. Even if the first marriage is recognized, coming to US from overseas is not an easy task, and you will have to treat both women fair with regards to time and finances.

Comment

Working...
                            X