X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aelmo
    replied
    Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
    I'd say women who are abusive tend to go for verbal abuse rather than physical.
    Definetely this. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone who has beaten up their husband but I definetely know woman who were extremely verbally abusive.
    Last edited by aelmo; 04-05-18, 08:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Stoic Believer
    replied
    I'd say women who are abusive tend to go for verbal abuse rather than physical.

Leave a comment:

• Saif-Uddin
    replied
    Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

If i had kids i would take 1 chance purely for the sake of the kids
    but it depends on what she did
    if she went mike tyson on me ima gives 3 talaqs in one week
    if it was something less il give her a chance
    Lol

Leave a comment:

• Saif-Uddin
    replied
    Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

No one would willingly marry such a person. Besides - some addictions can start after marriage.
    It's usually he's a goody two shoe or "I'm I Love" nonsense then reality hits and they find they married a monster
    ​​​​​​
    نعوذ بالله من ذلك

Yes some addiction can, but more often than not it starts before marriage
    Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 05-05-18, 08:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied

I'm just baffled that women are physically stronger than men.

I'm sure a man could easily overpower the woman. So why take abuse? On a regular basis?

Not always occasionaly the guy can be a weakling but thats rare

some men have sabr and rahman more than others and some are probably too attached thats why

Leave a comment:

• Indefinable
    replied

I'm just baffled that women are physically stronger than men.

I'm sure a man could easily overpower the woman. So why take abuse? On a regular basis?

Leave a comment:

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied

Even if you had kids?

Leave a comment:

• Indefinable
    replied
    If she hit me id divorce her
    if she does it once shel do it again
    Even if you had kids?

Leave a comment:

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied
    If she hit me id divorce her
    if she does it once shel do it again

Leave a comment:

• Indefinable
    replied
    Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
    Personally, unless it's a case where the wife has some serious issues with psychological health, it's hard to imagine a Muslim man accepting being physycally abused at all by the wife.

The one case I've heard of personally is where the husband was supposedly up to no good in a few different ways and was apparently kicked down the stairs (!) by the wife.

Still, similar to the above post, I guess with some marriages involving citizenship issues, or from the father's fear of losing his children, it's conceivable that things like that could go on in Muslim homes...
    It probably does happen. But something which is hidden or ignored.

Leave a comment:

• Indefinable
    replied
    Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
    I have heard of one lady slapping her husband in front of a relative (Bengali couple)
    they are still together, have kids of secondary school age but I can't comment on anything else as I have no idea how the husband is coping or if things have improved with them (just because he is still with her doesn't mean it's going great, we just don't know)

I think there was another case of a man being abused but I didn't look into it much at the time, it was on islam channel, anyone know what happened?

It seems to be rare but this is very humiliating for a man, unfortunately he will be laughed at by society

Some men might feel overpowered by the wife who might threaten him

It's not black and white so I don't think Muslims should laugh it off

things are going downhill so men facing abuse is not surprising me as we don't have our priorities right

I don't know about any organisations and I think the Muslim community is generally slow in these things.

For example, we still have problems with forced marriages amongst other things, the former should have been eradictaed a long time ago. It shows a lack of commitment to progression and positive change for our religion and children.

That story really made me think. I thought women were meant to be more gentler and softer. I can understand if the husband has done something really terrible, and so the wife is hurt and maybe lashes out with a push or a shove. But - the rest seems really strange.

Yeah I agree - we have a whole host of problems in general.

Leave a comment:

• Indefinable
    replied
    Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post

If the man is a druggy and a drunkard?
    ​​​​​​
    Why do people marry such loosers?

​​​​​​
    نعوذ بالله من ذلك
    No one would willingly marry such a person. Besides - some addictions can start after marriage.

Leave a comment:

• Saif-Uddin
    replied

Hmm. It could very well be (and not wanting to assume bad about the brother concerned) that if a man is on drugs/drunk - then it is very easy for a woman to "kick him down the stairs". Or he's facing the staircase (standing at the top) unaware and she kicks him from behind.
    If the man is a druggy and a drunkard?
    ​​​​​​
    Why do people marry such loosers?

​​​​​​
    نعوذ بالله من ذلك

Leave a comment:

• Indefinable
    replied
    Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post

Yeah, first time I heard of a Muslim man getting slapped in public by his wife
    ​​​​​
    نعوذ بالله من ذلك

Kicked down the stairs by his wife?!!!

Face-palm
    Hmm. It could very well be (and not wanting to assume bad about the brother concerned) that if a man is on drugs/drunk - then it is very easy for a woman to "kick him down the stairs". Or he's facing the staircase (standing at the top) unaware and she kicks him from behind.

Leave a comment:

• Saif-Uddin
    replied
    Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
    Personally, unless it's a case where the wife has some serious issues with psychological health, it's hard to imagine a Muslim man accepting being physycally abused at all by the wife.

The one case I've heard of personally is where the husband was supposedly up to no good in a few different ways and was apparently kicked down the stairs (!) by the wife.

Still, similar to the above post, I guess with some marriages involving citizenship issues, or from the father's fear of losing his children, it's conceivable that things like that could go on in Muslim homes...
    Yeah, first time I heard of a Muslim man getting slapped in public by his wife
    ​​​​​
    نعوذ بالله من ذلك

Kicked down the stairs by his wife?!!!

Face-palm

Leave a comment:

Working...
X