Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposing Marriage

Salam.

How does one propose marriage to someone through online matrimonial sites? Do you talk to them for a while then ask to see parents? Is the brother supposed to propose, or is that something that can be done by the sister too?

Post memes to as many profiles as possible. One of them is bound to take the bait.

Comment

Walikumsalam

I used to cut to the chase and ask them for a bio data or some background information about themselves, what they are looking for.

I didn't like the time wasters so most of the time my messages were in the third party.

It was a turn off for them as they wanted flings and what not by chatting with girls about stupid things like, how was your day. I never found wusses attractive anyway.

I'm not saying asking me about how my day was is a bad thing but chit chats like that were mostly the time wasters and window shoppers.

If you are a man just ask the sister for her wali contact details as you are interested.

If you're a woman, ask them when do they intend to get serious or are they trying to get to know you for a good few years.
      Usually asking for the CV was good enough as my wali was involved from the start and it indicates I'm very serious about getting on with it.

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Establish some compatibility first, like what your outlooks and beliefs are in life.

Ask them some questions important to you.
        'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

After using a number of sites for a bit, I've concluded that it's just not a great way to find someone. Nothing really beats in-person interaction.

Comment

Working...
          X