Is it halal to stay single?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it halal to stay single?

Is it halal to decide not to get married as I gave up my hopes?

I met someone who seemed to be perfect. I made him hate me and dislike me completely.
    I am extremely disappointed and depressed about it. Now I know I will never find a good man again.

There are like 1000 threads about this. Just google it and add “Ummah forums” to your question
    “Have you seen he who has taken as his god his [own] desire, and Allah has sent him astray due to knowledge and has set a seal upon his hearing and his heart and put over his vision a veil? So who will guide him after Allah ? Then will you not be reminded? And they say, “There is not but our worldly life; we die and live, and nothing destroys us except time.” And they have of that no knowledge; they are only assuming.” Quran 45:23-24

Comment

Your really negative

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSea View Post

I met someone who seemed to be perfect. I made him hate me and dislike me completely.
        I am extremely disappointed and depressed about it. Now I know I will never find a good man again.
        why do you care what is halal or haram if you spent time in a haram relationship? Repent and read up on what is halal so you dont end up hurting yourself or others. Also no one is perfect, we all have flaws.

Why do you think Allah will give you a good man if you're sinning and have no regrets about it?
        Think about that!
        Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

No one is perfect, that's something people forget. He might have appeared perfect for you but every human being has some form of weakness. Don't give up hope because of a man. Is your worth based on him? No it's not. Give your self some time to 'heal' as they say and learn about what it is that you want to live for. It's always good for us to take care of our well being. It's encouraged to get married, it's a Sunnah. You don't have a valid reason to stay single. It might feel like a depressing state for you at the moment in time but one day you will thank Allah. We shouldn't give up on life because we couldn't get another creation. Find your goals and ambitions in life and use what you have to better yourself.
          'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Give it time. You'll find someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by shay5 View Post

why do you care what is halal or haram if you spent time in a haram relationship? Repent and read up on what is halal so you dont end up hurting yourself or others. Also no one is perfect, we all have flaws.

Why do you think Allah will give you a good man if you're sinning and have no regrets about it?
              Think about that!
              Why are you so sure it was a haraam relationship?

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post

Why are you so sure it was a haraam relationship?
                Akhi op made a previous thread or post about it.

Since they are not married it's quite obvious the relationship cannot be Halaal,

Unless the op is telling us she met this man and all her communication with this man was in the presence of a Mahram.

It is common occurrence nowadays for even those who get engaged to commit Zina of the eyes or the tongue, virtually none of them stick to the guidelines of the Shariah

جزاك الله خيرا
                Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 29-04-18, 03:15 PM.
                http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by shay5 View Post

Think about that!
                  This is very harsh to say, I believe.
                  I did not meet him in person or anything. It was all online.
                  With his parents involved.

​​​

Comment

​​​
                    Still got your feelings hurt. Which tells me you were emotionally attached. If something breaks off and it was done in the halal way, you might be a bit sad because you were looking forward to getting married but your hearts not broken. Why would you give up all hope because one proposal went down the drain? Bit weird to put all your eggs in one basket.

Move on, have faith. Allah says that what is meant for you will not pass you by. If he wasn't in your fate then why be all depressed about it/ Trust Allah, he will give you better.

I will keep you in my duas....
                    Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

​​​
                      Online?

Face-palm
                      http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

All will change with time, in sha Allah. Don't be so hard on yourself. And remember that our purpose in life is not marriage. Our purpose in life is to worship Allah. Take a few moments every day to remember Allah, even if it's just contemplation. And never give up in having hope. So long as one is alive, there will always be a door of hope.
                        ~‘And He will provide him from (sources) he could never imagine. And whoever puts their trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Indeed, Allah has set a measure for all things.’~ - سورة الطلاق : 3

Comment

Here is the Hanafi ruling from Darul Iftaa in Birmingham:

http://islamqa.org/hanafi/daruliftaa/8562 (title: Is it Necessary to Marry? The Legal Ruling on Marriage)

Comment

Working...
                          X