This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would your parents decline a potential from a different race/ethnic group

Based of only just race. if you were to have brought someone else home who wasn't from your ethnic group or race. For example if your palestinian, and you introduced your parents to a somali person would they deny the person based on that. also if you have racist parent, do you just let them be racist and not try to change their opinion on others. are you one of those people who always talk about fighting racism, but are silent when your parents speak bad about people of different races. a majority of the interacial relationships i have seen were from non muslims. i have only seen a few muslim interracial relationships. my uncle(somali) married a filipino, friend(somali) married a malaysian, my old babysitter(arab) married a somali. my old duqsi(quran teacher) professor who was black yemeni(pretty darksin) married a mexican lady(she really cool). another of my uncles married an arab women, I asked my parents and they said as long as they were muslim they didn't care.

Ppl are gonna play the compatibility card to justify stuff in here.
    The truth is you are attracted to your own race,they just dont say it openly.
    ​​

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Comment

Originally posted by muzzybee View Post
      Ppl are gonna play the compatibility card to justify stuff in here.
      The truth is you are attracted to your own race,they just dont say it openly.
      ​​
      I find different races attractive. Lived in some diverse areas and lived in not so diverse areas. Overall I have always been attracted to different races. I like my own race too as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Luffy1997 View Post

I find different races attractive. Lived in some diverse areas and lived in not so diverse areas. Overall I have always been attracted to different races. I like my own race too as well.
        So why do ppl marry in theira own race luffy ?

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Comment

My parents wouldn't care
          The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.
          ~ Imam Malik (may Allah have mercy on him)

Comment

It's easier to marry from your own race and ethnic background because it is very familiar to you. Some people don't want to branch out. Doesn't mean that they are only attracted to their own race. It could be that, but not always.

My mom definetely wouldn't care. I don't know about my dad. I wouldnt consider him to be racist but he's very random in the way he thinks. He better not care though, it would be very hypocritical if he did since he married someone outside his race and ethnic group.

Comment

Yes they would. They would reject anyone that isn't somali. I still talk a lot about racism, I don't see the link between the two as 'somali' isn't a race, it's an ethnicity. Racism has a definition and being anti interracial marriage for your own reasons isn't it. Interracial marriage isn't evidence that someone isn't racist, plenty of racist people are in these types of marriages and sometimes they are racist even to their own mixed race kids.

People also need to understand what "inter-racial" actually means. There's a difference between race and ethnicity.
              شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
              فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
              وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
              ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

Originally posted by Rumaysah~ View Post
                Yes they would. They would reject anyone that isn't somali. I still talk a lot about racism, I don't see the link between the two as 'somali' isn't a race, it's an ethnicity. Racism has a definition and being anti interracial marriage for your own reasons isn't it. Interracial marriage isn't evidence that someone isn't racist, plenty of racist people are in these types of marriages and sometimes they are racist even to their own mixed race kids.

People also need to understand what "inter-racial" actually means. There's a difference between race and ethnicity.
                Yea I know the difference. Wasn't sure on how to,word the title

Comment

No one in my family cares about these kinds of things. All of my family who migrated to the west have mixed kids except for 2 aunts.None of my family members are Muslims anyway.
                  Last edited by .khayriyyah.; 21-02-18, 09:43 AM.
                  وَمَنْ أَعْرَضَ عَنْ ذِكْرِي فَإِنَّ لَهُ مَعِيشَةً ضَنْكًا

And whoever turns away from My remembrance – indeed, he will have a depressed life.
                  (Quran 20:124)

Comment

Working...
                  X