Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do I meet revert potentials for marriage?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do I meet revert potentials for marriage?

I know looking online is not the most halal procedure but it seems as if this is the only option I have left. Does anyone know if there are any matrimonial websites dedicated to convert muslims looking for a spouse? I'm not a self-hater or anything, just always only ever been attracted to Caucasian males and can't see myself marrying an asian man but I have no idea where to find one. My dad and the imam at my local mosque did set up a meeting with the one and only Caucasian brother who was looking for a wife but he was mid 40s and already had a white and was looking for a 2nd (and there wasn't any attraction between us anyway). are there any other options? should I try other mosques etc?

Originally posted by aruzo4
    I know looking online is not the most halal procedure but it seems as if this is the only option I have left. Does anyone know if there are any matrimonial websites dedicated to convert muslims looking for a spouse? I'm not a self-hater or anything, just always only ever been attracted to Caucasian males and can't see myself marrying an asian man but I have no idea where to find one. My dad and the imam at my local mosque did set up a meeting with the one and only Caucasian brother who was looking for a wife but he was mid 40s and already had a white and was looking for a 2nd (and there wasn't any attraction between us anyway). are there any other options? should I try other mosques etc?
    Masajid, ask your friends, or online. Those are your only options really.

BTW are you South Asian?

Comment

These "magical" white creatures...I hear they are like the taxman, you don't find them, they find you.

Comment

I really don't understand racial preference. It honestly baffles me immensely.

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
          These "magical" white creatures...I hear they are like the taxman, you don't find them, they find you.
          Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post

Masajid, ask your friends, or online. Those are your only options really.

BTW are you South Asian?
            These 2 don't help. You will have to have friends who truly want nothing but the best for you and who are willing to connect you with the potential (and that is apparently rare) and online you sometime don't know with who you are dealing with: I had the strangest experience lately.

Comment

Originally posted by aruzo4 View Post
              salam alaikum

Well since your father and imam are already on board with your idea the majority of the hard part is done with so I hate to be the bearer of bad news.

I can't speak for the UK or Europe but in my area there are very,very few men who convert and actually stick to the jama'ah for more than two years. White male reverts face a mountain of discrimination in the masajid from it being assumed they will leave the deen from day 1,to be being openly accused of being undercover police or to being accused of being extremist. I've face all of it so far and watched a number of white men revert and get fed up with how they are consistently treated and either leave the Jama'ah apostate or become extreme.

white men face very little to no discrimination in day to day life in the west as kuffar so to revert to Islam,change everything about your life and then be discriminated against and rejected by their new found community is too much for most men to deal with.

So, many white male reverts drift into one extreme sect or another like sufism or the khawarij,very few stick with the Islam of ASWJ in a balanced manner.

So right there your pool of potentials is very,very small. for example I live in a city of 1.25 million people with about 80-100,000 muslims. I can count on one hand the number of white male muslim reverts who are ASWJ and actually attend jama'ah ,if I add in the sufis and those with kharji mentalities I can still count them on my fingers and toes.

Now if you have the requirement that he be a professional with a good job,unmarried with no children and in the age bracket of 20-35 that number drops to EXACTLY 0 for my city.

Keep in mind that reverts are not "baggage free",marrying one will come with challenges that marrying an asian may not have but there will still be challenges

Sorry to be the voice of reality but your really hunting a unicorn and keep in mind your not the only one who would like to marry him so your setting yourself up for some serious difficulties in getting married.

So I suggest you widen your search area.change your requirements or start buying cats now as your in for a lonely life.

I would not suggest you look on the internet as there are all manner of predatory scum on there.

My best suggestion is to send your Dad around to every ASWJ majid he can find and speak to the imam at each one.

Things he should be asking IF he does find a white male revert in your age bracket is:

How long has he been practicing?
              What is his level of knowledge?
              How eager is he to learn and implement what he has learned?
              What are his manners like?

If your father starts asking about his secular education,career,income,home ownership status, type of car etc then I suggest you find a new wali or as I said before,start buying cats.

Sorry if this sounds blunto ro harsh but this the reality of 2018.

Comment

Well most of the white reverts I met were mostly military veterans. I lived in San Diego California which had a navy base located in it. So everyonce in awhile I would meet a new convert who was in the military or a veteran. I knew one guy in particular who was an ex marine. Saw him attend the masjid every Friday Saturday and Sunday for Jummah prayer and lectures. He was in his 20s. Saw him there for like the last two years I was in California during the summers. Haven't been since. He married Somali women and is living comfy in his home their. He was in college when I first met him so I think by now he graduated with his engineering degree.

mosques in cities with military bases in them or nearby are some places I would recommend if you wanted to find a convert.

In fact like 90% of the converts I actually met where mostly former military. The other 10% were ex convicts.

Comment

Originally posted by Luffy1997 View Post
                  Well most of the white reverts I met were mostly military veterans. I lived in San Diego California which had a navy base located in it. So everyonce in awhile I would meet a new convert who was in the military or a veteran. I knew one guy in particular who was an ex marine. Saw him attend the masjid every Friday Saturday and Sunday for Jummah prayer and lectures. He was in his 20s. Saw him there for like the last two years I was in California during the summers. Haven't been since. He married Somali women and is living comfy in his home their. He was in college when I first met him so I think by now he graduated with his engineering degree.

mosques in cities with military bases in them or nearby are some places I would recommend if you wanted to find a convert.

In fact like 90% of the converts I actually met where mostly former military. The other 10% were ex convicts.
                  Yh i wonder why
                  after killing thousands of muslims and dropping bombs on them
                  Observing the torture abuse and rape and genocide im sure they would realise this is wrong

Comment

There are plenty of white people from all over, why does he have to be a revert? What's wrong with Asian men?

Comment

Originally posted by aelmo View Post
                      There are plenty of white people from all over, why does he have to be a revert? What's wrong with Asian men?
                      She can't marry a non-muslim so if she want to marry a white guy he's needs to be a muslim.

By white guy It's implied by most people western European or of descendant of someone from western Europe.

Comment

Whats up with this trending fascination

Comment

Originally posted by Samsandman View Post

She can't marry a non-muslim so if she want to marry a white guy he's needs to be a muslim.

By white guy It's implied by most people western European or of descendant of someone from western Europe.
                          I meant a Muslim white guy, like an Arab.

Comment

Originally posted by aelmo View Post

I meant a Muslim white guy, like an Arab.
                            What? who considers arabs white?
                            Arabs are semitic like jews.

white generally refers to the people of Europe,england,france,germany,austria holland, belgium,scandinavian countries,denmark,hungary,czech republic,poland etc
                            some people would include the slavic countries like ukraine,latvia,russia,bulgaria etc as well,some don't and consider Slavs a separate race
                            some include spain,italy and greece and some do not.

Depends on the source.

Arabs don't consider themselves White any more than people from Germany consider themselves Arab.

beside the fact that most peoples idea of race is a made up geo-politcal concept with little basis in science or reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
                              Whats up with this trending fascination
                              colonialized hearts and minds.
                              It's not a recent trend,goes back a couple hundred years in most places.

Comment

Working...
                              X