Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marrying someone with a different opinion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoic Believer
    replied
    Originally posted by Janna90
    Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
    You can't agree on everything. Compromise is inevitable.
    Yh but how can you compromise on something you don't necessarily believe. And even if you do compromise surely you would have problems in the long run.
    Well you either agree to disagree, or one of you accepts the opinion of the other for the sake of the marriage.

Or just don't marry the person.

Leave a comment:

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied
    Originally posted by Janna90 View Post

Yh but how can you compromise on something you don't necessarily believe. And even if you do compromise surely you would have problems in the long run.
    Niqaab compromise is a big problem

taking pictures not so much
    someone can sacrifice that it wont affect their life

Leave a comment:

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied
    i dont think its minor

i think its a major issue

Leave a comment:

• Janna90
    replied
    Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post

Leave a comment:

• Janna90
    replied
    Yh I think compromising would be hard but at the same there's not many people who will have the exact same views as me. Because of disagreements on these issues marriage is becoming hard.

Leave a comment:

• Janna90
    replied
    Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post
    Assalamu alaykum

Here is a relevant fatwa on this issue:

"Differences of opinion between husband and wife concerning matters where the scholars differed"

https://islamqa.info/en/97125
    Jazak allah khair :)

Leave a comment:

• Sister_2009
    replied
    Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
    If a sister wants to wear niqaab and the husband doesnt want her to because of stares and comments from people
    this man is a wasteman
    not to mention hes fine with people seeing his wifes beauty

Leave a comment:

• Janna90
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied
    If a sister wants to wear niqaab and the husband doesnt want her to because of stares and comments from people
    this man is a wasteman
    not to mention hes fine with people seeing his wifes beauty

Leave a comment:

• Sister_2009
    replied
    Last edited by Sister_2009; 04-02-18, 09:49 PM. Reason: Spelling

Leave a comment:

• Stoic Believer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied
    Originally posted by Aetos View Post
    i dont think those are minor issues.If you want to wear niqab and he doesnt allow you its not a minor thing.Also if he wants to take picture and you dont it will make him feel bad.So yeah it will cause problems.

I dont mind the picture thing though but if she wants to wear niqab idk how i can go out with her,i probably wont,so its way better to marry smn who has the same opinions as you,or negociate

edit: alaikum salam
    Why cant u go outside with a niqaabi

Leave a comment:

• AmantuBillahi
    replied
    Assalamu alaykum

Here is a relevant fatwa on this issue:

"Differences of opinion between husband and wife concerning matters where the scholars differed"

https://islamqa.info/en/97125

Leave a comment:

• Aetos
    replied
    i dont think those are minor issues.If you want to wear niqab and he doesnt allow you its not a minor thing.Also if he wants to take picture and you dont it will make him feel bad.So yeah it will cause problems.

I dont mind the picture thing though but if she wants to wear niqab idk how i can go out with her,i probably wont,so its way better to marry smn who has the same opinions as you,or negociate

edit: alaikum salam

Leave a comment:

• Janna90
    started a topic Marrying someone with a different opinion.

Marrying someone with a different opinion.

Assalamu alaikoum,

I just want to ask, will marrying someone who has a different opinion to some matters in Islam cause any problems in the marriage? Am speaking about minor issues such as Niqab for example or whether you believe taking pictures is haram. Not issues in regards to Aqeeda just minor issues where there is a difference of opinion. Or should you only marry someone who has the exact same views as you. Even though there not big issues, but am just wondering if it would cause problems.
Working...
X