Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marrying someone with a different opinion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then again if u think its haram
    then your gonna think this person is committing a sin by taking pics

sticky situation

Comment

I've heard of men making their wives wear a niqaab because they think it's necessary. Originally. I thought that was a terrible idea, lol. But if they didn't force them and just tried to convince them that it was the right thing to do that would be ok. I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Asmaa19 View Post
        I've heard of men making their wives wear a niqaab because they think it's necessary. Originally. I thought that was a terrible idea, lol. But if they didn't force them and just tried to convince them that it was the right thing to do that would be ok. I think.
        He should state it before marriage thats the nice and convenient way

but still after marriage she should obey her husband she will get ajr for it
        and hes making her do something good

https://islamqa.info/en/43123

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

He should state it before marriage thats the nice and convenient way

but still after marriage she should obey her husband she will get ajr for it
          and hes making her do something good

https://islamqa.info/en/43123
          Woah, I guess women should be very selective when choosing a husband then.

Comment

Woah, I guess women should be very selective when choosing a husband then.
            Of course

Comment

Originally posted by Janna90 View Post

Yh I think compromising would be hard but at the same there's not many people who will have the exact same views as me. Because of disagreements on these issues marriage is becoming hard.
              Yeah, I can understand that. I wish I had some good news to post on the topic, but all I can say is talk and see if you can come to a positive solution for both parties or keep looking.

Comment

Well the correct thing in my opinion is to tell her before marriage.
                You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post

Well the correct thing in my opinion is to tell her before marriage.
                  Your opinion?

Comment

Why cant u go outside with a niqaabi
                    many reasons...I am not convinced it is fard,and so i cant go through long difficulties if i am not entirely sure...my wife will only wear hijab in shaa Allah
                    whoever leaves something for the sake of Allah,Allah will replace it with something better

Comment

Your opinion?
                      It's not haraam if he doesn't and tells her to wear it after marriage, the issue with that it might lead to complications.
                      You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

How about everyone respects each other's opinions and doesn't shove it down the other persons throat. Is it that hard?

Things like niqab you talk about before marriage. If the girl doesn't wear a niqab don't drag her along and think you can force it on her later. I never understand why brothers are so concerned on the niqab issue anyway instead of letting her choose whether she wants to wear it or not. At the end of the day it's her that has to put up with the abuse she will get. If it's such a big deal then marry a woman who believes covering the face is wajib.

I don't see how pictures are a big deal. Taking private family pictures doesn't really affect the person who sees it as haram. They can simply exclude themselves.
                        شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
                        فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
                        وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
                        ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

Originally posted by Rumaysah~ View Post
                          How about everyone respects each other's opinions and doesn't shove it down the other persons throat. Is it that hard?

Things like niqab you talk about before marriage. If the girl doesn't wear a niqab don't drag her along and think you can force it on her later. I never understand why brothers are so concerned on the niqab issue anyway instead of letting her choose whether she wants to wear it or not. At the end of the day it's her that has to put up with the abuse she will get. If it's such a big deal then marry a woman who believes covering the face is wajib.

I don't see how pictures are a big deal. Taking private family pictures doesn't really affect the person who sees it as haram. They can simply exclude themselves.
                          Yh but taking pictures can be a big deal, because those who believe its haram then of course they wont be okay with you taking pictures, even pictures of your children for example. one opinion is that its a sin and you will get punished severely if you do. So of course the husband is not going to let his wife do that is he believes its haram.

Niqab is another big issue because there is a difference of opinion also, but some brothers think its okay to force their opinion on you. And yh your right they should marry a woman who believe its wajb, problem solved. But no they pick women who don't and then try to force it on us, And then they judge us for not wearing it, and how were so haram for showing our face. But maybe I do have an intention to wear it, I just don't want it to b forced on me. At the same time I would want someone who is open to it and doesn't mind if choose to wear it. We just can't win lol

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post

Well you either agree to disagree, or one of you accepts the opinion of the other for the sake of the marriage.

Or just don't marry the person.

That's the thing though, is it wise to take a different opinion for the sake of marriage?

True you don't have to marry the person, but there's not that many potentials who will hold the same views. There either always more practicing, or there just not practicing enough. I think am looking for somewhere in between, I definitely want to practice more and seek knowledge. The issue is not many people are willing to compromise so I have to change my views or khalas there's no negotiating.

Comment

Then again if u think its haram
                              then your gonna think this person is committing a sin by taking pics

sticky situation
                              Yh exactly

Comment

Yh but most of the time their approach is kind of wrong, and some women are kind of forced. I think the men should be more smart about it and take a different approach and look at how they say it. Because yes the wife should obey the husband, but the husband should be kind and caring to his wife. First and foremost niqab is an act of worship and is done for the sake of Allah. You really do have to have passion for it and love it because Allah loves it. If you just do it for the sake of your husband, yh you will still get rewarded for pleasing your husband but it just wont be the same. You will feel kind of forced into it, rather than feeling liberated. Because honestly niqab is truly liberating but if your forced into it you wont experience that feeling.

Comment

Working...
                                X