Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marrying someone with a different opinion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marrying someone with a different opinion.

Assalamu alaikoum,

I just want to ask, will marrying someone who has a different opinion to some matters in Islam cause any problems in the marriage? Am speaking about minor issues such as Niqab for example or whether you believe taking pictures is haram. Not issues in regards to Aqeeda just minor issues where there is a difference of opinion. Or should you only marry someone who has the exact same views as you. Even though there not big issues, but am just wondering if it would cause problems.

i dont think those are minor issues.If you want to wear niqab and he doesnt allow you its not a minor thing.Also if he wants to take picture and you dont it will make him feel bad.So yeah it will cause problems.

I dont mind the picture thing though but if she wants to wear niqab idk how i can go out with her,i probably wont,so its way better to marry smn who has the same opinions as you,or negociate

edit: alaikum salam
    first its angels,then mankind,then jinn,then gog-magog,then shaytan,the its me,the worst of creation

Comment

Assalamu alaykum

Here is a relevant fatwa on this issue:

"Differences of opinion between husband and wife concerning matters where the scholars differed"

https://islamqa.info/en/97125

Comment

Originally posted by Aetos View Post
        i dont think those are minor issues.If you want to wear niqab and he doesnt allow you its not a minor thing.Also if he wants to take picture and you dont it will make him feel bad.So yeah it will cause problems.

I dont mind the picture thing though but if she wants to wear niqab idk how i can go out with her,i probably wont,so its way better to marry smn who has the same opinions as you,or negociate

edit: alaikum salam
        Why cant u go outside with a niqaabi

Comment

You can't agree on everything. Compromise is inevitable.

Comment

These arenít minor issues. Niqab is part of a personís clothing, something they will wear every day. It takes certain strength from a man to support his wife in wearing it, especially if youíre in a predominantly non-Muslim area. There will be stares, comments, potential harassment. Not everyone is comfortable in dealing with that, whether thatís right or wrong. On the topic of pictures, how does that work if theyíre on vacation and one wants to do photos and the other doesnít think itís okay? Or would they be okay with photos at wedding or when kids are growing? What about in the house on the wall? These just seem like pretty big issues. Maybe you could ask and see if thereís room for compromise, but this areas seem pretty black and white. I know I wouldnít be comfortable with a husband who took photos and posted them on social media or made a big deal if I didnít want them in the house.
            Last edited by Sister_2009; 04-02-18, 09:49 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

If a sister wants to wear niqaab and the husband doesnt want her to because of stares and comments from people
              this man is a wasteman
              not to mention hes fine with people seeing his wifes beauty

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
                  If a sister wants to wear niqaab and the husband doesnt want her to because of stares and comments from people
                  this man is a wasteman
                  not to mention hes fine with people seeing his wifes beauty
                  True, but itís still an issue that woman face when looking at potentials, and it still isnít a minor issue.

Comment

Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post
                    Assalamu alaykum

Here is a relevant fatwa on this issue:

"Differences of opinion between husband and wife concerning matters where the scholars differed"

https://islamqa.info/en/97125
                    Jazak allah khair :)

Comment

Originally posted by Sister_2009 View Post
                      These arenít minor issues. Niqab is part of a personís clothing, something they will wear every day. It takes certain strength from a man to support his wife in wearing it, especially if youíre in a predominantly non-Muslim area. There will be stares, comments, potential harassment. Not everyone is comfortable in dealing with that, whether thatís right or wrong. On the topic of pictures, how does that work if theyíre on vacation and one wants to do photos and the other doesnít think itís okay? Or would they be okay with photos at wedding or when kids are growing? What about in the house on the wall? These just seem like pretty big issues. Maybe you could ask and see if thereís room for compromise, but this areas seem pretty black and white. I know I wouldnít be comfortable with a husband who took photos and posted them on social media or made a big deal if I didnít want them in the house.
                      Yh I think compromising would be hard but at the same there's not many people who will have the exact same views as me. Because of disagreements on these issues marriage is becoming hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                        Yh but how can you compromise on something you don't necessarily believe. And even if you do compromise surely you would have problems in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by Sister_2009 View Post

True, but itís still an issue that woman face when looking at potentials, and it still isnít a minor issue.
                          i dont think its minor

i think its a major issue

Comment

Originally posted by Janna90 View Post

Yh but how can you compromise on something you don't necessarily believe. And even if you do compromise surely you would have problems in the long run.
                            Niqaab compromise is a big problem

taking pictures not so much
                            someone can sacrifice that it wont affect their life

Comment

Originally posted by Janna90
                              Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                              Well you either agree to disagree, or one of you accepts the opinion of the other for the sake of the marriage.

Or just don't marry the person.

Comment

Working...
                              X