Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Family is what I'm missing...

Originally posted by zaki View Post
    As much as it can be upsetting at times, I shall wait :) then again thats all i can do anyway hehe, I dont want to rush into anything to begin with.
    insha'allah Allah (swt) will reward u for that when the time is right.

Comment

Edited Due To Technical Reasons
      Last edited by Kal-El; 25-10-06, 09:52 AM.
      If you read this closely enough you might spot the secret message hidden in it

Mr President, You Are Wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Te'oma View Post
        I have a similiar dilemma but whenever the feeling hits, I go and get the grandkids...the upside is, they go home before the charm wears off :D
        aww masha allah i want some grankids insha allah
        "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by Kal-El View Post
          It would be interesting to know how this 'longing' for a wife/family will influence his choice of wife in the future.

Perhaps he will remember this feeling, of the chill of this loneliness, and thus choose practically any woman who is willing to marry him.

But then again, its a natural human reflex. Not all of us have the luxury of time, and thus 'certain requirements' of a spouse - so what? Choose anyone that takes a peek at you and smiles?

Maybe, maybe.
          Kal-El: What you have said is exactly what I was thinking, ie about the choice of wife due to his longing for one.
          This cuts across all religions. When choosing a partner (females as well), we have to be very careful that it is not done in haste. Loneliness is a problem admittedly, but choosing a spouse hurredly because of it, could be disastrous for both of them.
          "Lord I am not worthy to receive you, but only say the word and I shall be healed".

Comment

well i have a sister that i want to marry and I've known her for 2 years, she was one of the reasons to why I became Muslim, cause she taught me alot about Islam, may allah reward her for all her help! I have purposed but i'm waiting for the father to get back to me, plus lately (during Ramadan) he has been avoiding me, dunno why, but I will still wait for the answer, i know she wants to marry me though :) but i still have to wait.
            A small Du'a can make a big difference :D
            Make Dua for your brothers and sisters, wouldn't you want good things to happen to them as much as good things happening to you?

http://onlybeautyinislam.wordpress.com

Comment

well i have a sister that i want to marry and I've known her for 2 years, she was one of the reasons to why I became Muslim, cause she taught me alot about Islam, may allah reward her for all her help! I have purposed but i'm waiting for the father to get back to me, plus lately (during Ramadan) he has been avoiding me, dunno why, but I will still wait for the answer, i know she wants to marry me though :) but i still have to wait.
              Good luck on that:) let us know....
              "...Creator of the heavens and the earth! You are my Protector and my Guardian in this world and the Hereafter. Make me die as a Muslim,and join me with the righteous."12:101
              Please as you read this, make du'a to Allah SWT to guide all those "interested in Islam" to take the decisive step.

Comment

Originally posted by imran1976 View Post
                whats the difficulty?
                The difficult part is when there are racist parents out there that don't wan't there daughters marrying anyone else but there own race. I'm surprised you didn't know that.
                Sura:5:19 (Both) The Jews and the Christians say: "We are sons of Allah, and his beloved." Say: "Why then doth He punish you for your sins? Nay, ye are but men,- of the men he hath created: He forgiveth whom He pleaseth, and He punisheth whom He pleaseth: and to Allah belongeth the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is between: and unto Him is the final goal (of all)"

Comment

Are you saying that if the father of this girl dissaproves of you and does not give his consent, that you will accept that and look elsewhere for another girl? That is one of the things that I find difficult to accept about Islam. You and her may be very well suited, so is it right that the father should have this right?
                  I do not wish to deflect off the point of your post, so I wish you luck and hope you get his approval.
                  "Lord I am not worthy to receive you, but only say the word and I shall be healed".

Comment

Originally posted by Maureen View Post
                    Are you saying that if the father of this girl dissaproves of you and does not give his consent, that you will accept that and look elsewhere for another girl? That is one of the things that I find difficult to accept about Islam. You and her may be very well suited, so is it right that the father should have this right?
                    I do not wish to deflect off the point of your post, so I wish you luck and hope you get his approval.
                    well i wont give up even if the father says no, cause why he says no I wouldn't know why, maybe cause he doesn't want me to marry her, cause I already know that she wants me to marry her but inshallah everything will work fine, But I wont give up, if its meant to be, no one can stop us from being together :)
                    Make Dua for your brothers and sisters, wouldn't you want good things to happen to them as much as good things happening to you?

Comment

well i wont give up even if the father says no, cause why he says no I wouldn't know why, maybe cause he doesn't want me to marry her, cause I already know that she wants me to marry her but inshallah everything will work fine, But I wont give up, if its meant to be, no one can stop us from being together :)
                      subhanallah akhi , may allah reward both u and her for ur patience! ameen

mashallah,some of the brothers and sisters on here have given wonderful advise, remembering allah, having tawakul etc ... subhanallah it a wonderful reminder for those in similar situations.

May Allah grant us [those 'waiting' to get married] patience, ameen , and may Allah quicken the time for us to be married , may Allah bless our marriages and let it be a means for us to get closer to Him subhana wa ta'ala and strive for jannah ameen! :love:
                      Abu Huraira (ra) narrated that the messenger of Allah (saw) said 'Beware of suspicion, for suspicion is the worst of false tales; and do not look at the faults of others, and do not indulge in spying on one another..do not be jealous of one another and do not hate one another, O Allah's worshippers! Be brothers' (Sahih Bukhari)

Comment

Know how your feeling. But guess what ive come up with a great way of ridding this feeling totaly

and its all summed up in one word "gratefulness"

Be grateful of the family you already have, parrents , brothers , sisters.
                        Count all the good things you have and be grateful, count your blessings and thank Allah and HE will give you more.

Comment

Originally posted by CheifJunior View Post
                          Know how your feeling. But guess what ive come up with a great way of ridding this feeling totaly

Count all the good things you have and be grateful, count your blessings and thank Allah and HE will give you more.
                          subhanallah! that very true...jazak allah khair for that advice!

Comment

Originally posted by CheifJunior View Post

Very true and I agree :D I'm very grateful to be guided by Allah, very grateful that I have many brothers and sisters who will support me in every way as I would for them :D

Comment

Working...
                            X