X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why Aren't You Married?

Originally posted by (*_Shazan View Post
    :up:

East London Masjid has a service whereby the Imam introduces couples, many Muslims and reverts have found their match using this service
    Londons far bro!

Comment

Originally posted by Torn.Rose View Post
      Londons far bro!
      Dont need to be in London to ask for there help

Comment

Dont need to be in London to ask for there help
        lol...propz feeling a bit shy now!

Comment

[QUOTE=Nawar;1355716]
          When you are unmarried, doesnt mean your whole life revolves around getting married does it. It certainly will not solve all your problems, and its very naive to think like this. Maybe its the fault of cultural parents, pressure, society, etc, especially for women, that cause this mentality.[QUOTE]

Thank you! I've gotta rep you for this;)

Some of the worst marriages I've come across are marriages where the woman can sense certain faults in the man that concern her but she's placed under pressure to marry because she's reached "that age" or cos' the man has a house/high paying job/he's from the "right" caste etc. Whenever I've seen a woman ignore her instincts and her inner voice to please everyone else it has spelt disaster. Needless to say those marriages I'm referring to did not last long cos' those faults turned out to be signs of much bigger problems.
          An African American prisoner is put into a cell with a Muslim prisoner.

The African American prisoner says: “I don’t think I got a fair trial”

So the Muslim prisoner responds “you got a trial?”

Comment

lol...propz feeling a bit shy now!
            Ask for a sister when you finally make that call

Comment

Ask for a sister when you finally make that call
              huh? hope u mean to chat to....cuz i defo wouldnt wana marry one!!lol :rotfl:
              Last edited by Torn.Rose; 29-10-06, 12:03 AM.

Comment

huh? hope u mean to chat to....cuz i defo wouldnt wana marry one!!lol
                loool yes i mean chat let the sister arrange it for you

Comment

Interesting post.

A view from an Athiest.

I have been living with my partner for almost twenty years. We thought of getting married on a few occasions. Thought about it, discussed it, then after much thought decided that actually marriage if actually irrelevant to our lives. Why?

- Don't live in fear of a mythological beast therefore do not need to worry about living in 'sin' / punnishment,

- Do not need to have my relationship 'validated' in any way by society in any way, shape or form,

- already feel a sense of belonging, love and support and saying 'I do' or something else is absolutely meaningless.

Somebody give me some other reason apart from mythological fear or peer pressure as reasons to marry and I'll think about it again. Until then, well, we'll stay the same.

Comment

:up:

East London Masjid has a service whereby the Imam introduces couples, many Muslims and reverts have found their match using this service
                    LOL .. you serious... ?

Wouldnt they feel embarassed?

Comment

Re: post 68

I understand what you mean cos' marriage normally has religious significance. I've never understood why people who do not belong to an organised religion would want to get married, other than things you mention like peer pressure etc, which aren't particularly significant.
                      An African American prisoner is put into a cell with a Muslim prisoner.

The African American prisoner says: “I don’t think I got a fair trial”

So the Muslim prisoner responds “you got a trial?”

Comment

Working...
                      X