Why Aren't You Married?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Aren't You Married?

A friend asked a gentleman why he never married?

Replied the gentleman, "Well, I guess I just never met the right woman... I guess I've been looking for the perfect girl."

"Oh, come on now," said the friend, "Surely you have met at least one girl that you wanted to marry."

"Yes, there was a girl... once. I guess she was the one perfect girl; the only perfect girl I really ever met. She was just the right everything... I really mean that she was the perfect girl for me."

"Well, why didn't you marry her," asked the friend.

The gentleman said:

"She was looking for the perfect man."
    Please Re-update your Signature

Re: Why Aren't You Married?

Originally posted by almondbloom View Post
    A friend asked a gentleman why he never married?

Replied the gentleman, "Well, I guess I just never met the right woman... I guess I've been looking for the perfect girl."

"Oh, come on now," said the friend, "Surely you have met at least one girl that you wanted to marry."

"Yes, there was a girl... once. I guess she was the one perfect girl; the only perfect girl I really ever met. She was just the right everything... I really mean that she was the perfect girl for me."

"Well, why didn't you marry her," asked the friend.

The gentleman said:

"She was looking for the perfect man."

i think that "perfect one" never exists. Rasul (pbuh) gave us guidelines when choosing partners.

... i think the deen/iman is most important, then the physical appearance and key lifestyle points like laziness/hardworking, neatness, etc.
    "And who is better in speech than he who invites to Allah, and does righteous deeds, and says: 'I am one of the Muslims'." [Qur'an 41:33]
    QwickFusion

Comment

I think personality/character is as important if not more important than a highly focused Muslim (on their deen). You'll have to live with them for the rest of your life, you dont wanna get annoyed or bored by them do you?

If their deen is not as high as you'd want, you can change that - what blessings you'd get aswell for increasing the ummah in your husband/wife.
      If you read this closely enough you might spot the secret message hidden in it

Mr President, You Are Wrong

Comment

Theres no such thing as the perfect partner. No-one's perfect. Least of all yourself.

There will be somethings that you will like, others you will hate. Look out for the good in the person (taqwah, imaan, attitude etc) and pick accordingly.
        You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

u guys are alll so wise.....................
          MashaAllah................ i fink u shud hav such a oartner that u 2 get along welll n both are into deen... ummmmm from the same level.... but theres no such thing as the 'perfect sum1'
          ************* ZEENZ *************
          :up: @) Allah answers prayers in three ways:
          He says yes and gives you what you want,
          he says no and gives u sumfin beta,

He says wait and gives u the best in his own time :D

Comment

People look for the 'perfect one' as if they are perfect *Roll Eyes*

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

true,there is no 'perfect' . surely perfection is only to Allah.

& Kal El , i dont get ur first point. Islam is a way of live, being a muslim, following islam shapes ur personality in a way. & i the prophets words advising what to look for in a spouse is more valued than what u have just said . deen must be first , thereafter u can look for the other things, for example if a woman liked a man with a sense of humour and found that the potential had it [but had no deen] in what sort of way are trying to stick to the sunnah,get the benefit of marriage completing half of our deen.
              Abu Huraira (ra) narrated that the messenger of Allah (saw) said 'Beware of suspicion, for suspicion is the worst of false tales; and do not look at the faults of others, and do not indulge in spying on one another..do not be jealous of one another and do not hate one another, O Allah's worshippers! Be brothers' (Sahih Bukhari)

Comment

Originally posted by Kal-El View Post
                I think personality/character is as important if not more important than a highly focused Muslim (on their deen). You'll have to live with them for the rest of your life, you dont wanna get annoyed or bored by them do you?

If their deen is not as high as you'd want, you can change that - what blessings you'd get aswell for increasing the ummah in your husband/wife.
                ...i think character comes with the deen and is part of a person's personality;) .

if u take the character out, the rest is as i said, key points like how hardworking the person is, neatness, etc
                "And who is better in speech than he who invites to Allah, and does righteous deeds, and says: 'I am one of the Muslims'." [Qur'an 41:33]
                QwickFusion

Comment

Originally posted by Ebony View Post
                  Theres no such thing as the perfect partner. No-one's perfect. Least of all yourself.

There will be somethings that you will like, others you will hate. Look out for the good in the person (taqwah, imaan, attitude etc) and pick accordingly.
                  it's very easy to say there no such things as the perfect partner. No-one,s is perfect.

then why people are looking for the perfect match. I think u had taken teh wrong meaning for perfect partner

if any one is going to select there partner. they allways prefer to see the nature, personality, education , family background, and many thing more is it not the way today people are looking for the partner

Comment

salaamualaikum wr wb,

Good God people, it was a joke.

Comment

:salams

ima tell ma husb all ma imperfections before i marry him inshaAllah... so that he knows what he lettin himself in for
                      ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
                      "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
                      :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

Usually by "perfect" it is understood to mean he/she to encompass all those traits that you find desirable - that they "click" with you, personality matches etc

That isn't the case in reality.
                        You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post

ima tell ma husb all ma imperfections before i marry him inshaAllah... so that he knows what he lettin himself in for
                          i bet u wont identify all of them , not as much as ur mum or sister for example would lol
                          Abu Huraira (ra) narrated that the messenger of Allah (saw) said 'Beware of suspicion, for suspicion is the worst of false tales; and do not look at the faults of others, and do not indulge in spying on one another..do not be jealous of one another and do not hate one another, O Allah's worshippers! Be brothers' (Sahih Bukhari)

Comment

Originally posted by muslim_sis View Post
                            i bet u wont identify all of them , not as much as ur mum or sister for example would lol

dont worry they tell me all the time :(
                            ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
                            "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
                            :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Ebony View Post
                              Usually by "perfect" it is understood to mean he/she to encompass all those traits that you find desirable - that they "click" with you, personality matches etc

That isn't the case in reality.
                              may be

Comment

Working...
                              X