X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neelu
    replied
    Re: Istikhara

Woah, I got a bit taken aback seeing my old username pop up after all this time lol. Alima my understanding of the issue is that you're supposed to mention one specific issue during the istikhara so as to not overcomplicate it. I don't know about how to approach istikhara in the context of asking about more than one thing at a time- Allahu alim.

Anyway, in case you lot don't know (or had missed the 'no longer engaged' thread I wrote regarding the end of this particular rishta chapter)- I think it's only fair I mention the outcome of that istikhara all those years ago. Basically as I'd mentioned in the OP it was in regards to someone I was considering for marriage. I should point out that my friend's istikhara turned out to be correct (although I hadn't realised that at the time of writing the post- it took several months before I began to realise things more clearly). The brother came across as practising and very nice at first so me and my family were impressed and possibly blindsighted by that. It took a while before I realised that he appeared to have commitment phobia issues.

I have also since found out through a mutual acquaintance that about a year ago he was engaged to another sister and handled that rishta situation badly as well. Basically he called everything off about a day before the wedding was supposed to take place. His reason was that he believed marrying her would be "bad for dawah". Allahu alim I don't know the sister but tbh after all I'd learned from knowing the guy myself this didn't surprise me and confirmed my own suspicions about him. The person who told me all this said that maybe his reason was genuine and I should give him the benefit of the doubt, but I can't help but think if she really was bad for dawah, why consider her in the first place? And why choose the day before the wedding to call it off?

Needless to say next time I or my trusted friend attempt istikhara, I will be taking the results more seriously. My decision to ignore the negative feelings she had I guess was wishful thinking on my part. Oh and btw, I have no regrets about the fact that I never married him- if anything I feel I had a lucky escape.

Leave a comment:

• AlimaKhatun
    replied

Salam
    This is in regards to Istakhara....
    when you are reciting the dua and it comes to the point where you should mention your needs can it be more than one or does it need to be a precised need in order to have a clear answer? Also can you perform istakharah again even though you have performed one but is asking for a different need but has not got the previous one answered or had a feeling or dream?

Leave a comment:

• yar
    replied

frnd cn u read ma post and reply plzzz..

Leave a comment:

• Al-Irhaab
    replied

Originally posted by islam..~*^rules View Post
    wat if u hav them regularly then!!!!
    i have some horific nightmares. especially for the last few days and its really troubling me sleeping!!!!!!
    i dnt feel like going to slp but if i dnt go to slp ow will i get my rest!!!!
    i woke up 2day after a really terrifying nightmare but when i finally went back to slp i missed sehri cz i couldnt wake up!
    read ur duahs and adhkar, sleep with reciting three quls three times and ayat al qursi and surah fatehah, and also the last two ayahs of surah baqarah and also the duah of sleeping, sleep in a state of wudhu, sleep on ur right hand side, read the duah of sleeping, inshallah ull be fine, if ur not increase ur ibadah and ur taubah, if still not fine consult an alim u might have some sehr or something naudhubillah...

Leave a comment:

• *asiya*
    replied

if u have bad dreams then when u wake up say audu billahi minashaitanir rajim and spit ( just dry spit) three times over your left shoulder, recite ayat al kursi before u go to sleep then u will be protected till morning insha Allah ta ala.

Leave a comment:

• islam..~*^rules
    replied

Originally posted by Al-Irhaab View Post
    bad dreams are from shaitan so dont include them into your istikhara...
    there is no trutht in bad dreams, the prophet (saw) said they are from shaitan, u shldnt even narrate them...
    wat if u hav them regularly then!!!!
    i have some horific nightmares. especially for the last few days and its really troubling me sleeping!!!!!!
    i dnt feel like going to slp but if i dnt go to slp ow will i get my rest!!!!
    i woke up 2day after a really terrifying nightmare but when i finally went back to slp i missed sehri cz i couldnt wake up!

Leave a comment:

• Al-Irhaab
    replied

Originally posted by neels View Post
    Don't touch interest money, or it will take you to the fire. If you already have interest money in your bank account then withdraw all the money from that account which is not from interest and leave the account dormant so that it is not touched. It might not be your fault if there is interest in your account and you found out the rules of riba only recently but it would be your fault and you would be accountable if you chose to transact with it. Some say such money should go to charity but this opinion is wrong because it is not your money to spend (would you steal money for charity?).

I don't know anything about dreams but the woman who did istikhara for me read somewhere that if a lot of blackness appears in a dream it is supposed to be a negative sign. I tend not to pay much attention to dreams but if there's a link to istikhara then I don't know whether that lends credibility to it.
    there is no trutht in bad dreams, the prophet (saw) said they are from shaitan, u shldnt even narrate them...

Leave a comment:

• neels
    replied

Originally posted by S4min4 View Post
    waht to do with money earned from interest?
    Don't touch interest money, or it will take you to the fire. If you already have interest money in your bank account then withdraw all the money from that account which is not from interest and leave the account dormant so that it is not touched. It might not be your fault if there is interest in your account and you found out the rules of riba only recently but it would be your fault and you would be accountable if you chose to transact with it. Some say such money should go to charity but this opinion is wrong because it is not your money to spend (would you steal money for charity?).

I don't know anything about dreams but the woman who did istikhara for me read somewhere that if a lot of blackness appears in a dream it is supposed to be a negative sign. I tend not to pay much attention to dreams but if there's a link to istikhara then I don't know whether that lends credibility to it.

Leave a comment:

• .: Anna :.
    replied

where did u get this from
    i also want 2 know what is the basis for that?

Leave a comment:

• Al-Irhaab
    replied

How did u know this was about me? that's freaky
    bad dreams are from shaitan so dont include them into your istikhara...

Leave a comment:

• Al-Irhaab
    replied

Originally posted by yousufs View Post
    :start: You r right. Istikhara is not just dreams. Sometimes the result can be in ur heart too. But i believe, if u r following Allah and his Prophet's (sm) ahkams regularly, remain with woduu most of the times atleast during doing istikhara, surely u'll be granted ur results in ur dreams, Insha'Allah.

Ok i will include one more method to do istikharah.

First do waduu.
    Now recite the followings:
    1. Sura Fatiha- 1 time.
    2. Sura Nas- 3 times.
    3. Sura Falaq- 3 times.
    4. Sura Ikhlas- 3 times.
    5. Sura Nasr- 25 times.
    Then recite durud (any durud u like, but salat's durud is better) until u sleep. Sleep in sunnah way. i.e. in ur right side, with waduu..

Do this before 7 sleeps. I repeat, 7 sleeps. Not 7 nights. And stay with patience. Insha'Allah u will have a result. Within dream or in ur heart. Insha'Allah.
    Better do it ur own. But if u don't have belief in urself, u can ask some one else- who does his prayers regularly and follows Allah and His prophet's ahkams- to do it for u. May Allah help us. Ameen.
    In case of dreams, u may always not see exactly what u did istikhara for. U may see something and don't understand its meanings. In this case, please explain ur dream to a Alim, who knows the meanings of dreams. Please don't tell ur dream to everyone or don't try to understand its meanings urself. May Allah help us. Ameen.

where did u get this from

Leave a comment:

• S4min4
    replied

can anyone suggest a aalim? as i've got two questions one about a dream i had after i read istakhara, and second about waht to do with money earned from interest?

Leave a comment:

• yousufs
    replied

Originally posted by muslim girl
    isitkhara is not necessarily about dreams, its about yoru heart.
    :start: You r right. Istikhara is not just dreams. Sometimes the result can be in ur heart too. But i believe, if u r following Allah and his Prophet's (sm) ahkams regularly, remain with woduu most of the times atleast during doing istikhara, surely u'll be granted ur results in ur dreams, Insha'Allah.

Ok i will include one more method to do istikharah.

First do waduu.
    Now recite the followings:
    1. Sura Fatiha- 1 time.
    2. Sura Nas- 3 times.
    3. Sura Falaq- 3 times.
    4. Sura Ikhlas- 3 times.
    5. Sura Nasr- 25 times.
    Then recite durud (any durud u like, but salat's durud is better) until u sleep. Sleep in sunnah way. i.e. in ur right side, with waduu..

Do this before 7 sleeps. I repeat, 7 sleeps. Not 7 nights. And stay with patience. Insha'Allah u will have a result. Within dream or in ur heart. Insha'Allah.
    Better do it ur own. But if u don't have belief in urself, u can ask some one else- who does his prayers regularly and follows Allah and His prophet's ahkams- to do it for u. May Allah help us. Ameen.
    In case of dreams, u may always not see exactly what u did istikhara for. U may see something and don't understand its meanings. In this case, please explain ur dream to a Alim, who knows the meanings of dreams. Please don't tell ur dream to everyone or don't try to understand its meanings urself. May Allah help us. Ameen.

Leave a comment:

• MangoChutney
    replied

How did u know this was about me? that's freaky
    oh i didnt mean to target you....i just assumed...

Leave a comment:

• bint
    replied

okay can i just put forward that there was no need for you to ask a friend to do istikhara on ure behalf. that just makes things more complicated. if this is about you, YOU do it so YOU get the pos/neg feeling. you dont always have to see a dream..its just the vibes you should get that you conclude from.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X