Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Istikhara

Salam,

Hyperthetical scenario for you: A practising sister is introduced to a practising brother as a rishta and things go very well. They ask a lot of questions and her family members also ask him questions to ascertain his level of compatibility on both a religious and personal level and things appear to go well on that front too.

The sister does istikhara but it's inconclusive. A trusted family friend is asked to do istikhara and she also says that the first couple of times nothing happened, however on the fourth and fifth occassions the family friend had some pretty scary nightmares involving lots of darkness/blackness and spikes. How seriously should the istikhara be considered in this matter?
    An African American prisoner is put into a cell with a Muslim prisoner.

The African American prisoner says: “I don’t think I got a fair trial”

So the Muslim prisoner responds “you got a trial?”

Re: Istikhara

Istikhara is best done when you YOURSELF see or feel the response....just because u feel ur istikhara in "inconclusive" doesnt mean it wont be answered....im speaking from exp. of istikhara when i say YOU HAVE TO BE PATIENT....for some get responses in days, some in weeks, and some in years....for me it took me a good few weeks...when i needed a response quickly...i nearly gave up but i was told by knowledgable ppl that i must remain patient because that in itself is test from your Lord. Esp, with Istikhara....u must be patient....and keep making it until u get a dream or even a good feeling....don't expect a dream.....usually good thoughts are/is what's common...

May Allah SWA do what is best for our deen and affairs. Ameen.
    "You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom."
    -- "Prospects for Freedom in 1965," speech, Jan. 7 1965, New York City (published in Malcolm X Speaks, ch. 12, 1965).

Comment

salaamz, i myself am doing reading the istakhara, refer to this site it has sum real gud asvice and the adab of istakhara, http://www.deenislam.co.uk/me/Istakharah.htm
      hope it helps, inshallah. :up:
      Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Originally posted by MangoChutney View Post
        Istikhara is best done when you YOURSELF see or feel the response.....
        How did u know this was about me? that's freaky

Comment

okay can i just put forward that there was no need for you to ask a friend to do istikhara on ure behalf. that just makes things more complicated. if this is about you, YOU do it so YOU get the pos/neg feeling. you dont always have to see a dream..its just the vibes you should get that you conclude from.
          “The great Imam ash-Shafi’, he went to his teacher Waki`
          Complaining about the weakness of his memory.
          He told him, ‘abandon rebellion, for knowledge is a light
          And the light of Allah is not bestowed upon a rebel.”

Comment

Originally posted by neels View Post
            oh i didnt mean to target you....i just assumed...
            "You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom."
            -- "Prospects for Freedom in 1965," speech, Jan. 7 1965, New York City (published in Malcolm X Speaks, ch. 12, 1965).

Comment

Originally posted by muslim girl
              isitkhara is not necessarily about dreams, its about yoru heart.
              :start: You r right. Istikhara is not just dreams. Sometimes the result can be in ur heart too. But i believe, if u r following Allah and his Prophet's (sm) ahkams regularly, remain with woduu most of the times atleast during doing istikhara, surely u'll be granted ur results in ur dreams, Insha'Allah.

Ok i will include one more method to do istikharah.

First do waduu.
              Now recite the followings:
              1. Sura Fatiha- 1 time.
              2. Sura Nas- 3 times.
              3. Sura Falaq- 3 times.
              4. Sura Ikhlas- 3 times.
              5. Sura Nasr- 25 times.
              Then recite durud (any durud u like, but salat's durud is better) until u sleep. Sleep in sunnah way. i.e. in ur right side, with waduu..

Do this before 7 sleeps. I repeat, 7 sleeps. Not 7 nights. And stay with patience. Insha'Allah u will have a result. Within dream or in ur heart. Insha'Allah.
              Better do it ur own. But if u don't have belief in urself, u can ask some one else- who does his prayers regularly and follows Allah and His prophet's ahkams- to do it for u. May Allah help us. Ameen.
              In case of dreams, u may always not see exactly what u did istikhara for. U may see something and don't understand its meanings. In this case, please explain ur dream to a Alim, who knows the meanings of dreams. Please don't tell ur dream to everyone or don't try to understand its meanings urself. May Allah help us. Ameen.
              [B]"Make your life a lesson for others.."[/B]

Comment

can anyone suggest a aalim? as i've got two questions one about a dream i had after i read istakhara, and second about waht to do with money earned from interest?
                Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Originally posted by yousufs View Post
                  :start: You r right. Istikhara is not just dreams. Sometimes the result can be in ur heart too. But i believe, if u r following Allah and his Prophet's (sm) ahkams regularly, remain with woduu most of the times atleast during doing istikhara, surely u'll be granted ur results in ur dreams, Insha'Allah.

Ok i will include one more method to do istikharah.

First do waduu.
                  Now recite the followings:
                  1. Sura Fatiha- 1 time.
                  2. Sura Nas- 3 times.
                  3. Sura Falaq- 3 times.
                  4. Sura Ikhlas- 3 times.
                  5. Sura Nasr- 25 times.
                  Then recite durud (any durud u like, but salat's durud is better) until u sleep. Sleep in sunnah way. i.e. in ur right side, with waduu..

Do this before 7 sleeps. I repeat, 7 sleeps. Not 7 nights. And stay with patience. Insha'Allah u will have a result. Within dream or in ur heart. Insha'Allah.
                  Better do it ur own. But if u don't have belief in urself, u can ask some one else- who does his prayers regularly and follows Allah and His prophet's ahkams- to do it for u. May Allah help us. Ameen.
                  In case of dreams, u may always not see exactly what u did istikhara for. U may see something and don't understand its meanings. In this case, please explain ur dream to a Alim, who knows the meanings of dreams. Please don't tell ur dream to everyone or don't try to understand its meanings urself. May Allah help us. Ameen.

where did u get this from
                  And Allâh has set forth an example for those who believe, the wife of Fir'aun when she said: "My Lord! Build for me a home with You in Paradise, and save me from Fir'aun and his work, and save me from the people who are Zâliműn

There is no nobility in anyone who lacks faith.

The wise man knows that the only fitting price for his soul is a place in Paradise.

Comment

bad dreams are from shaitan so dont include them into your istikhara...
                    And Allâh has set forth an example for those who believe, the wife of Fir'aun when she said: "My Lord! Build for me a home with You in Paradise, and save me from Fir'aun and his work, and save me from the people who are Zâliműn

The wise man knows that the only fitting price for his soul is a place in Paradise.

Comment

Originally posted by Al-Irhaab View Post
                      where did u get this from
                      i also want 2 know what is the basis for that?
                      .: Rufaida :.
                      .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
                      http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
                      “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
                      but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
                      ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
                      <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Originally posted by S4min4 View Post
                        waht to do with money earned from interest?
                        Don't touch interest money, or it will take you to the fire. If you already have interest money in your bank account then withdraw all the money from that account which is not from interest and leave the account dormant so that it is not touched. It might not be your fault if there is interest in your account and you found out the rules of riba only recently but it would be your fault and you would be accountable if you chose to transact with it. Some say such money should go to charity but this opinion is wrong because it is not your money to spend (would you steal money for charity?).

I don't know anything about dreams but the woman who did istikhara for me read somewhere that if a lot of blackness appears in a dream it is supposed to be a negative sign. I tend not to pay much attention to dreams but if there's a link to istikhara then I don't know whether that lends credibility to it.

Comment

Don't touch interest money, or it will take you to the fire. If you already have interest money in your bank account then withdraw all the money from that account which is not from interest and leave the account dormant so that it is not touched. It might not be your fault if there is interest in your account and you found out the rules of riba only recently but it would be your fault and you would be accountable if you chose to transact with it. Some say such money should go to charity but this opinion is wrong because it is not your money to spend (would you steal money for charity?).

I don't know anything about dreams but the woman who did istikhara for me read somewhere that if a lot of blackness appears in a dream it is supposed to be a negative sign. I tend not to pay much attention to dreams but if there's a link to istikhara then I don't know whether that lends credibility to it.
                          there is no trutht in bad dreams, the prophet (saw) said they are from shaitan, u shldnt even narrate them...

Comment

bad dreams are from shaitan so dont include them into your istikhara...
                            there is no trutht in bad dreams, the prophet (saw) said they are from shaitan, u shldnt even narrate them...
                            wat if u hav them regularly then!!!!
                            i have some horific nightmares. especially for the last few days and its really troubling me sleeping!!!!!!
                            i dnt feel like going to slp but if i dnt go to slp ow will i get my rest!!!!
                            i woke up 2day after a really terrifying nightmare but when i finally went back to slp i missed sehri cz i couldnt wake up!
                            ************* ZEENZ *************
                            :up: @) Allah answers prayers in three ways:
                            He says yes and gives you what you want,
                            he says no and gives u sumfin beta,

He says wait and gives u the best in his own time :D

Comment

if u have bad dreams then when u wake up say audu billahi minashaitanir rajim and spit ( just dry spit) three times over your left shoulder, recite ayat al kursi before u go to sleep then u will be protected till morning insha Allah ta ala.
                              "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Working...
                              X