Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you make Eid special for your children?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creamcake
    replied
    You have to make Eid really fun and engaging for your children, we live in a society where people go ott in celebrating Christmas and Easter, and it's constantly there. So its important to have a lot of fun with your kids on Eid. It doesn't need to be materialistic like lots of gifts and stuff (although kids find presents exciting so of-course it can be given), but making the day/s exciting. Teaching your kids why the days are important spiritually, and as a family, remembering to worship Allaah and spiritually connect your heart on these days. Make them memorable, follow the Sunnahs, make it days that your kids genuinely look forward to every year. And understand why they are celebrating them too.

Leave a comment:

• AbuMubarak
    replied
    Originally posted by neelu View Post
    Can we be clear on what it means to "treat Eid like Christmas"? I ask because I'm uncomfortable with how there are Muslim families who mark Eid with a Christmas tree, lights, advent calendar leading up to it. I think it's too much like imitation of kufaar, they see it as "making Eid special for kids".

I like that you linked Eid back to Ibrahim (as) and Hajar. Many of us grew up seeing Eid as just a party and didn't realise the significance till years later.

No lights or trees, thats a bit much

But clearly shopping for toys and some "Eid Mubarak" signs around the house and stuff

Moreso, bigging up the holiday, as we experience before Christmas. So the kids anticipate the day (of course, when you do that, you are excluding the poorer Muslim children whose parents may not be able to buy toys,...keep that in mind)

Leave a comment:

• neelu
    replied
    Can we be clear on what it means to "treat Eid like Christmas"? I ask because I'm uncomfortable with how there are Muslim families who mark Eid with a Christmas tree, lights, advent calendar leading up to it. I think it's too much like imitation of kufaar, they see it as "making Eid special for kids".

I like that you linked Eid back to Ibrahim (as) and Hajar. Many of us grew up seeing Eid as just a party and didn't realise the significance till years later.

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
    My kids now are in their 30's & 40's, they grew up as first generation born Muslims in the USA, and there were a lot of traps for them to fall into

Basically, we treated Eid the same as kafir kids were treated for Christmas, so our kids wouldnt feel left out

Now they have 20-30 cousins, so there is not the same disenfranchised feelings, HOWEVER, sadly, too many Muslims do not hold on to their Islam with pride and feel its acceptable to join in with the kuffar on their holidays, basically a major step going backwards

My advice is to hold on to like-minded Muslims who do not celebrate kafir holidays and make eid special for your kids, but not just toys and games, but also the understanding of the sacrifice of Ibrahim, Hajar and the blessings of fasting during Ramadan

Leave a comment:

• Simply_Logical
    replied
    Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

No I didn’t know that. Is it a proper fair or just like 3 rides
    proper funfair, mrs told me about it, seem like alright rides to be fair from what i saw on youtube, just check out the google reviews before you decide to go in sha Allah

https://digbethfunfair.co.uk/

Leave a comment:

• Layla_
    replied
    Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
    My kids now are in their 30's & 40's, they grew up as first generation born Muslims in the USA, and there were a lot of traps for them to fall into

Basically, we treated Eid the same as kafir kids were treated for Christmas, so our kids wouldnt feel left out

Now they have 20-30 cousins, so there is not the same disenfranchised feelings, HOWEVER, sadly, too many Muslims do not hold on to their Islam with pride and feel its acceptable to join in with the kuffar on their holidays, basically a major step going backwards

My advice is to hold on to like-minded Muslims who do not celebrate kafir holidays and make eid special for your kids, but not just toys and games, but also the understanding of the sacrifice of Ibrahim, Hajar and the blessings of fasting during Ramadan
    Alhamdulillah. Yes I’m the same, I try and treat Eid how non muslims treat Christmas. My children really get into the spirit of Ramadan by waking up for suhoor and doing qiyaam & trying to fast (they are still young) and it just makes Eid more special for them. Last year my daughter was 6 & managed to fast the day of Arafah so I hope this year she can too, but we will see Insha Allah

Leave a comment:

• AbuMubarak
    replied
    Assalamu alaykum

I'd be interested to know what special Eid traditions you have in your own families to make Eid extra special for your children.

That Eid in excel thing in London looks good, is anyone going?

what kind of things have you purchased for Eid gifts for your children?

Do you decorate your houses for Eid?

Leave a comment:

• Layla_
    replied
    Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

you know theres a funfair in birmingham city centre?

its free entry but bit of a rip of for rides according to google reviews
    No I didn’t know that. Is it a proper fair or just like 3 rides

Leave a comment:

• Simply_Logical
    replied

Thanks I’ll check out star city. Yes golf is really hard I always thought it looked so easy but when I went I couldn’t believe how hard it was! (I went to a proper golfing range)
    you know theres a funfair in birmingham city centre?

its free entry but bit of a rip of for rides according to google reviews

Leave a comment:

• Layla_
    replied
    Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

Star City is nice. Your kids will enjoy it there In Sha Allaah.
    Insha Allah. It just puts me off how busy it always is!

Leave a comment:

• Indefinable
    replied

Thanks I’ll check out star city. Yes golf is really hard I always thought it looked so easy but when I went I couldn’t believe how hard it was! (I went to a proper golfing range)
    Star City is nice. Your kids will enjoy it there In Sha Allaah.

Leave a comment:

• Indefinable
    replied
    I don’t like balloons, or dessert tables. I think decorations are unnecessary.

I will just buy him v-bucks lol.

Leave a comment:

• Layla_
    replied
    Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

if youre ever in brum, you can go crazy golf in star city which is indoors if you prefer or outdoors in cannon hill park which is really nice on a summer day, kids lurve it,
    tell you what though its really hard, wonder how these professional golfers make it look so easy knocking in the ball into the hole from like such a long distance away in one go lool

Leave a comment:

• Simply_Logical
    replied
    Have decided that for Eid this year I’ll take the kids bowling & crazy golf… will be nice to take them out Insha allah and then a nice meal afterwards. I’ve not got leave for summer as I spent it all in Ramadan so I really want to take them out
    if youre ever in brum, you can go crazy golf in star city which is indoors if you prefer or outdoors in cannon hill park which is really nice on a summer day, kids lurve it,
    tell you what though its really hard, wonder how these professional golfers make it look so easy knocking in the ball into the hole from like such a long distance away in one go lool

Leave a comment:

• Layla_
    replied
    Have decided that for Eid this year I’ll take the kids bowling & crazy golf… will be nice to take them out Insha allah and then a nice meal afterwards. I’ve not got leave for summer as I spent it all in Ramadan so I really want to take them out

Leave a comment:

• Simply_Logical
    replied
    Originally posted by Layla_
    Originally posted by neelu View Post
    Please don't buy balloons, they are a form of plastic pollution that damage the environment- it's just not worth it.

I think it doesn't seem appropriate that your ex picks up the kids whenever he wants and you don't get to make plans. If I were in your shoes, I'd say something like don't collect the kids before 1-2pm cos I've made plans. That way you can take them to the mosque, have a special breakfast or brunch and then they can spend the rest of the day with their dad
    Might do something like that. The Eid in the park event is on this year so I’ll see if he can take them in the morning so I can spend the rest of the day with the kids

I wanted to do a nice day out day before Eid but can’t as kids have swimming lessons and mosque so hopefully on Eid will get to take them out
    Not sure if they're doing it this year here but I've always wanted to go for eid in the park here but parking is awful and the way some peeps park is worse too

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X