Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you make Eid special for your children?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
    My kids now are in their 30's & 40's, they grew up as first generation born Muslims in the USA, and there were a lot of traps for them to fall into

Basically, we treated Eid the same as kafir kids were treated for Christmas, so our kids wouldnt feel left out

Now they have 20-30 cousins, so there is not the same disenfranchised feelings, HOWEVER, sadly, too many Muslims do not hold on to their Islam with pride and feel its acceptable to join in with the kuffar on their holidays, basically a major step going backwards

My advice is to hold on to like-minded Muslims who do not celebrate kafir holidays and make eid special for your kids, but not just toys and games, but also the understanding of the sacrifice of Ibrahim, Hajar and the blessings of fasting during Ramadan
    Alhamdulillah. Yes I’m the same, I try and treat Eid how non muslims treat Christmas. My children really get into the spirit of Ramadan by waking up for suhoor and doing qiyaam & trying to fast (they are still young) and it just makes Eid more special for them. Last year my daughter was 6 & managed to fast the day of Arafah so I hope this year she can too, but we will see Insha Allah
    https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

No I didn’t know that. Is it a proper fair or just like 3 rides
      proper funfair, mrs told me about it, seem like alright rides to be fair from what i saw on youtube, just check out the google reviews before you decide to go in sha Allah

https://digbethfunfair.co.uk/

Comment

• Can we be clear on what it means to "treat Eid like Christmas"? I ask because I'm uncomfortable with how there are Muslim families who mark Eid with a Christmas tree, lights, advent calendar leading up to it. I think it's too much like imitation of kufaar, they see it as "making Eid special for kids".

I like that you linked Eid back to Ibrahim (as) and Hajar. Many of us grew up seeing Eid as just a party and didn't realise the significance till years later.

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
        My kids now are in their 30's & 40's, they grew up as first generation born Muslims in the USA, and there were a lot of traps for them to fall into

Basically, we treated Eid the same as kafir kids were treated for Christmas, so our kids wouldnt feel left out

Now they have 20-30 cousins, so there is not the same disenfranchised feelings, HOWEVER, sadly, too many Muslims do not hold on to their Islam with pride and feel its acceptable to join in with the kuffar on their holidays, basically a major step going backwards

My advice is to hold on to like-minded Muslims who do not celebrate kafir holidays and make eid special for your kids, but not just toys and games, but also the understanding of the sacrifice of Ibrahim, Hajar and the blessings of fasting during Ramadan
        The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• Originally posted by neelu View Post
          Can we be clear on what it means to "treat Eid like Christmas"? I ask because I'm uncomfortable with how there are Muslim families who mark Eid with a Christmas tree, lights, advent calendar leading up to it. I think it's too much like imitation of kufaar, they see it as "making Eid special for kids".

I like that you linked Eid back to Ibrahim (as) and Hajar. Many of us grew up seeing Eid as just a party and didn't realise the significance till years later.

No lights or trees, thats a bit much

But clearly shopping for toys and some "Eid Mubarak" signs around the house and stuff

Moreso, bigging up the holiday, as we experience before Christmas. So the kids anticipate the day (of course, when you do that, you are excluding the poorer Muslim children whose parents may not be able to buy toys,...keep that in mind)
          .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
          نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
          دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

• You have to make Eid really fun and engaging for your children, we live in a society where people go ott in celebrating Christmas and Easter, and it's constantly there. So its important to have a lot of fun with your kids on Eid. It doesn't need to be materialistic like lots of gifts and stuff (although kids find presents exciting so of-course it can be given), but making the day/s exciting. Teaching your kids why the days are important spiritually, and as a family, remembering to worship Allaah and spiritually connect your heart on these days. Make them memorable, follow the Sunnahs, make it days that your kids genuinely look forward to every year. And understand why they are celebrating them too.
            And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�
            [al-An�aam 6:59]

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X