Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you make Eid special for your children?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

yea my kids also like visitng animals too, do your kids like alpacas and llamas?
    you heard of this place? https://www.luckytailsalpacafarm.co.uk/

looks good been wanting to go for a long time just havent got around to it with covid and all

but you can take the alpaca/llama for a walk too, which would be fun tbh
    Oh wow that looks good thanks I’ve never heard of that before
    https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Layla_

yea my kids also like visitng animals too, do your kids like alpacas and llamas?
      you heard of this place? https://www.luckytailsalpacafarm.co.uk/

looks good been wanting to go for a long time just havent got around to it with covid and all

but you can take the alpaca/llama for a walk too, which would be fun tbh
      Oh wow that looks good thanks I’ve never heard of that before
      They've even got meerkats and donkeys there too lol 🐴

Comment

1.Decorate the whole house
        2. Make sweets
        3.Spend quite a lot of money - they are very excited months before eid making lists of what they want
        4.new clothes for the day
        5.attend the prayer then out for a meal
        6.organize eid parties in mosque/and or at home

Eid is something really special here, it goes on for at least a week by the time we've finished the parties. I love eid in the West, in Arab countries its really boring. Everyone sits around moaning about there being nothing to do.
        Last edited by UmmAbdullah86; 03-07-21, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Please don't buy balloons, they are a form of plastic pollution that damage the environment- it's just not worth it.

I think it doesn't seem appropriate that your ex picks up the kids whenever he wants and you don't get to make plans. If I were in your shoes, I'd say something like don't collect the kids before 1-2pm cos I've made plans. That way you can take them to the mosque, have a special breakfast or brunch and then they can spend the rest of the day with their dad
          The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
            Please don't buy balloons, they are a form of plastic pollution that damage the environment- it's just not worth it.

I think it doesn't seem appropriate that your ex picks up the kids whenever he wants and you don't get to make plans. If I were in your shoes, I'd say something like don't collect the kids before 1-2pm cos I've made plans. That way you can take them to the mosque, have a special breakfast or brunch and then they can spend the rest of the day with their dad
            Might do something like that. The Eid in the park event is on this year so I’ll see if he can take them in the morning so I can spend the rest of the day with the kids

I wanted to do a nice day out day before Eid but can’t as kids have swimming lessons and mosque so hopefully on Eid will get to take them out
            Last edited by Layla_; 12-07-21, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Layla_
              Originally posted by neelu View Post

Might do something like that. The Eid in the park event is on this year so I’ll see if he can take them in the morning so I can spend the rest of the day with the kids

I wanted to do a nice day out day before Eid but can’t as kids have swimming lessons and mosque so hopefully on Eid will get to take them out
              Not sure if they're doing it this year here but I've always wanted to go for eid in the park here but parking is awful and the way some peeps park is worse too

Comment

Have decided that for Eid this year I’ll take the kids bowling & crazy golf… will be nice to take them out Insha allah and then a nice meal afterwards. I’ve not got leave for summer as I spent it all in Ramadan so I really want to take them out

Comment

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post
                  Have decided that for Eid this year I’ll take the kids bowling & crazy golf… will be nice to take them out Insha allah and then a nice meal afterwards. I’ve not got leave for summer as I spent it all in Ramadan so I really want to take them out
                  if youre ever in brum, you can go crazy golf in star city which is indoors if you prefer or outdoors in cannon hill park which is really nice on a summer day, kids lurve it,
                  tell you what though its really hard, wonder how these professional golfers make it look so easy knocking in the ball into the hole from like such a long distance away in one go lool

Comment

if youre ever in brum, you can go crazy golf in star city which is indoors if you prefer or outdoors in cannon hill park which is really nice on a summer day, kids lurve it,
                    tell you what though its really hard, wonder how these professional golfers make it look so easy knocking in the ball into the hole from like such a long distance away in one go lool
                    Thanks I’ll check out star city. Yes golf is really hard I always thought it looked so easy but when I went I couldn’t believe how hard it was! (I went to a proper golfing range)

Comment

• I don’t like balloons, or dessert tables. I think decorations are unnecessary.

I will just buy him v-bucks lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

Thanks I’ll check out star city. Yes golf is really hard I always thought it looked so easy but when I went I couldn’t believe how hard it was! (I went to a proper golfing range)
                        Star City is nice. Your kids will enjoy it there In Sha Allaah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

Star City is nice. Your kids will enjoy it there In Sha Allaah.
                          Insha Allah. It just puts me off how busy it always is!

Comment

you know theres a funfair in birmingham city centre?

its free entry but bit of a rip of for rides according to google reviews

Comment

• Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

you know theres a funfair in birmingham city centre?

its free entry but bit of a rip of for rides according to google reviews
                              No I didn’t know that. Is it a proper fair or just like 3 rides

Comment

Assalamu alaykum

I'd be interested to know what special Eid traditions you have in your own families to make Eid extra special for your children.

That Eid in excel thing in London looks good, is anyone going?

what kind of things have you purchased for Eid gifts for your children?

Do you decorate your houses for Eid?
                                My kids now are in their 30's & 40's, they grew up as first generation born Muslims in the USA, and there were a lot of traps for them to fall into

Basically, we treated Eid the same as kafir kids were treated for Christmas, so our kids wouldnt feel left out

Now they have 20-30 cousins, so there is not the same disenfranchised feelings, HOWEVER, sadly, too many Muslims do not hold on to their Islam with pride and feel its acceptable to join in with the kuffar on their holidays, basically a major step going backwards

My advice is to hold on to like-minded Muslims who do not celebrate kafir holidays and make eid special for your kids, but not just toys and games, but also the understanding of the sacrifice of Ibrahim, Hajar and the blessings of fasting during Ramadan
                                .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                                نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                                دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X