Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you make Eid special for your children?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do you make Eid special for your children?

Any more Eid experiences? Was fun reading through everyone's!
    https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post
      This past year I have been practising minimalism I've given away a lot of mine & my children's possessions and so for Eid I was kind of stuck as to what gifts to get. I have brought my daughter a scooter as she wanted one, & the Migo and Ali book and I've decided that for both my children I will plant one olive tree Feesabilillah. I will have their names on the plaque and a certificate will also come through the post. I hope to carry this on each year & document the certificates in a file then Insha Allah when they are older they can continue with it.

Thought I'd share in case some of you were stuck for Eid gifts :)
      buy some board games so you can play together, Like Jenga.
      ┳┻|
      ┻┳|•.•) Hello, Assalamu Alaikum! Check out this topic! #makethechanges
      ┳┻|⊂ノ
      ┻┳|
      :banbear:http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...adan-Authentic:hidban:

Comment

Originally posted by -Jibril- View Post
        Wrapped up gifts for the kids.
        Money in envelopes for the older kids.
        Money in envelopes for elders as well.
        No one gives me money in envelopes anymore:(
        I joked about this one time and now my youngest brother always gives me money in an envelope:)
        Take them out for 'Eid salah and buy balloons.
        They get to meet my friends kids as well.
        We hire out bouncy castles, them fat sumo suits for wrestling, face paints, etc

They get to have fun and we get to see our relatives and friends, as well as eat good food without having to entertain the kids much cause the teenagers are with them.

In the evenings, me and my immediate family go out to a restaurant for food, or we'll drive upto to our place in Bournemouth and go to the beach there for a picnic.
        Its usually quiet and empty.

This isn't every 'Eid btw, some 'eids, I'll make plans with my friends for the evenings.
        This is when the ladies of the family get together and do whatever ladies do when they get together.
        I'm always jealous my nieces get more money than me
        ┳┻|
        ┻┳|•.•) Hello, Assalamu Alaikum! Check out this topic! #makethechanges
        ┳┻|⊂ノ
        ┻┳|
        :banbear:http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...adan-Authentic:hidban:

Comment

You erect an Eid Tree then you take them to see Abu Qlaws to ask him for presents and if they behave he'll arrive on his flying carpet led by camels one of which has a green nose to deliver presents on Eid eve. We also sing Eid carols 'n stuff it's quite beautiful really.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Jarir View Post
            You erect an Eid Tree then you take them to see Abu Qlaws to ask him for presents and if they behave he'll arrive on his flying carpet led by camels one of which has a green nose to deliver presents on Eid eve. We also sing Eid carols 'n stuff it's quite beautiful really.
            Sounds quite beautiful. Especially, the flying carpet led by camels. I'd like one of those.

Comment

:rofl1: ??? And then u fell out of ur bed and woke up....
              * typing from my phone, excuse the mess

Comment

I am always thinking of what to do, so this is a nice thread to read.

So far our traditions have been doing crafts during Ramadan, and for Eid I always buy a few gifts mostly relating to Islam, age related books, I also did get her a south Asian doll wearing a salwar kameez to go with her Eid salwar kameez- last year I got her to make an Eid card for nursery as she attended on that day. She took some sweets in and shared with her class. Her nursery teachers also made moon and stars cookies and got the other children to make her an Eid card which was really nice MashaAllah she was the only muslim in the nursery so it really surprised me all their effort for her-thats also because as my family dont acknowledge the day (except my dad) and then they over board at Xmas even though I tell them not to. So getting her excited saying about Santa then getting annoyed when I told her there's no such thing and that family got all the gifts and to say thank you.

This new nursery so far she's not attended on Eid as last Eid al fitr she was visiting her dad- and we ended up not doing anything but eating biryani and she got a toy and it will the summer holidays for Eid al Adha inshaAllah. I am thinking to put decorations up if I can get some as she sees the decoration at Xmas as my family have them up so that will help get her excited as its only me and her celebrating Eid. If we move closer to a masjid in the future we will go there for Eid prayer inshaAllah.

Comment

nice one

Comment

Originally posted by Um_Saf View Post
                    I am always thinking of what to do, so this is a nice thread to read.

So far our traditions have been doing crafts during Ramadan, and for Eid I always buy a few gifts mostly relating to Islam, age related books, I also did get her a south Asian doll wearing a salwar kameez to go with her Eid salwar kameez- last year I got her to make an Eid card for nursery as she attended on that day. She took some sweets in and shared with her class. Her nursery teachers also made moon and stars cookies and got the other children to make her an Eid card which was really nice MashaAllah she was the only muslim in the nursery so it really surprised me all their effort for her-thats also because as my family dont acknowledge the day (except my dad) and then they over board at Xmas even though I tell them not to. So getting her excited saying about Santa then getting annoyed when I told her there's no such thing and that family got all the gifts and to say thank you.

This new nursery so far she's not attended on Eid as last Eid al fitr she was visiting her dad- and we ended up not doing anything but eating biryani and she got a toy and it will the summer holidays for Eid al Adha inshaAllah. I am thinking to put decorations up if I can get some as she sees the decoration at Xmas as my family have them up so that will help get her excited as its only me and her celebrating Eid. If we move closer to a masjid in the future we will go there for Eid prayer inshaAllah.
                    Aww sounds nice masha Allah. Wow that was really nice of the nursery to get involved

Not long left till Eid al adha Insha Allah. I'm not going to be doing presents for this Eid as I'm trying really hard to cut down on toys so I am thinking of a nice day out instead, maybe a safari park Insha Allah

Comment

I know sister I was really surprised at their efforts.

Oh a safari sounds since I've always fancied going to Knowsley safari part in UK. Sorry I dont know where you are based sister.
                      If I could afford I was going to take to a theme park (flamingoland) as that has rides and an animal section but it looks likely we will just be going games/crafts at home for Eid al Adha Alhamdulillah.

I dont buy too many gifts for my daughter either personally however others buy too much, she also is given things throughout the year so toys aren't even special anymore sadly, she loves crafts and her most played with thing has been her wooden dolls house. I tend to stick with Islamic things as I'm the only one buying those things- mainly books and also clothes as they are needed anyway �� I was thinking something salah related for an Eid al adha gift as she's almost 4 at the end of the year and very interested in prayer Alhamdulillah maybe her own mat and prayer dress inshaAllah

I've just noticed with both have girls around the same age Alhamdulillah.

Wa Salaam

Comment

I'm in the UK too sis. I've never heard of flamingo land & Knowsley safari park but I googled it and it looks good! I think I need to venture out of the midlands lol.

My daughter loves her wooden dolls house too and also her little kitchen lol. (Let's hope she turns out to be a better cook than me!)

Islam related gifts are always a winner. Ibraheem toy house have this really cute personalised Prayer mat, I actually wouldn't mind one for myself lol. My daughter is going to be 4 in November Insha Allah she's also very interested in prayer alhamdulillah

Comment

Oh MashaAllah, happy I could suggest new places to you! I've never been to Knowsley but flamingoland is fab my daughter enjoyed it was year Alhamdulillah shes been saving her pennies to go again ��.

I think I need to get mine another kitchen because she loved her old one but it was plastic and ended up broken. (oh I hope mine is a better cook than me too- we have fairy cakes down haha)

Yeah I saw them when I was looking there are some beautiful mats MashaAllah. My daughter is 4 in November too!! Wow...

Comment

Wow lol subhanallah!!

I purchased a wooden toy kitchen from elc for £40 it was reduced from £100 and we've had it almost two years & it has been played with everyday. Well worth it. I really like the ikea ones but I ain't paying £30 to have it delivered!

yes will definitely need to take a trip to flamingo land it looks brilliant! Just a shame it's quite far from me

Comment

The toy kitchens are expensive! The one I bought was £30 reduced from £80? I think but there was a part missing when we first got it even ��. Wooden is definitely more hard wearing.

Yeah its very fair from us too we live quite far up north- last year my dad paid for us to stay in a caravan there for a weekend. So I've never done it in a day trip with her there so far. Maybe sometime this year since she's saving excitedly to go. I've been going regularly since I was a few month old �� it was my childhood holiday lol.

Comment

:lol

Eid concides with summer around here. I don't have kids, but I imagine I'd be doing the same thing if I do.

I'd probably go take them tubing in the lake, or take a short hike to maybe eye some wild mooses, wolves or bear..Rent a huge private cabin around those trails and lake and have an eid party in the cabin after tubing or hiking. If they get older, maybe take an AV trail.

Rent the cabin for a couple of days...

I just realized Canada is a huge country with small population. Province Iive in is much bigger than the UK and the population is 1.1 million 85% of those live in the city. .lol

Lots of wonderful open space.
                                Stop being apologetic to Kuffars!

If I don't engage with you or reply to any of your question, it's likely because I find you racist and a total waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X