Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do you guys manage/control your children when they play with electronic devices

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you guys manage/control your children when they play with electronic devices

Salam

as per subject
    I have noticed a lot of children spend their time away on gadgets and i want to ask you guys this,
    how do you guys manage/control your children when they are playing their electronic devices? (from spending too much time on those devices like smartphones ipad etc? ) other than the setting up of rules etc.
    and what is your opinion on this? their attention etc

I thought it be beneficial for all of us, since this affects most of us.
    Last edited by MuslimThinker; 10-04-17, 11:31 AM.

• MuslimThinker
    replied
    Re: how do you guys manage/control your children when they play with electronic devic

Originally posted by Pink123 View Post
    My dad blocks off the wifi for my younger sibling at 10:00pm every day
    :up:

Leave a comment:

• MuslimThinker
    replied
    Re: how do you guys manage/control your children when they play with electronic devic

Originally posted by deen1984 View Post

Children in Japanese city banned from using smartphones after 9pm

Soaring mobile phone use and rising bullying rates have prompted one Japanese city to issue a nightly curfew on mobile devices after 9pm from next month.

The technology curfew move reportedly aims to discourage children from spending an unhealthy amount of time on electronic devices Photo: Alamy

3:54AM GMT 24 Mar 2014

Officials in a Japanese city are launching an ambitious campaign to ban children from using smartphones and mobile devices after 9pm.

Around 13,000 schoolchildren, aged between six and 15, who are living in Kariya city, Aiichi prefecture, will be banned from using mobile technology in the evening from 1 April.

The technology curfew move reportedly aims to discourage children from spending an unhealthy amount of time on electronic devices such as smartphones as well as reduce on-line bullying via instant messaging apps.

The ban, which was initially proposed by a group of teachers, social workers and police, was not officially issued by city hall so parents will not face any penalties if their children do not comply, according to Japanese media reports.

However, the initiative is reportedly supported by Kariya's board of education as well as all 21 schools across the city, with parents being directly requested to remove smartphones after 9pm and monitor the websites they access.

The new initiative is being launched just weeks after the government released statistics reflecting the increasingly extensive use of smartphones among Japan's school population.

The figures, released by the Cabinet Office, found that schoolchildren aged between 10 and 17 were spending an average of 107.4 minutes a day on-line on their phones, with nearly 40 per cent spending more than two hours a day on-line.

There has been growing controversy in Japan surrounding the use of mobile phones by schoolchildren, with claims of bullying relating to the a number of popular messaging apps.

Among them is Line, a widely-used free instant messaging and image sharing app which has been linked with cases of bullying among children, prompting calls for it to be banned on school premises.

The potentially harmful impact of heavy mobile phone use among children is an increasingly important issue for teachers, parents and government officials around the world.

A growing number of schools are considering mobile phone bans for pupils, with one successful example in the UK being Burnage Media Arts College in south Manchester, which reported soaring academic results following such a ban.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...after-9pm.html
    nice initiative by schools there :up:

Leave a comment:

• Pink123
    replied

My dad blocks off the wifi for my younger sibling at 10:00pm every day

Leave a comment:

• AishaGirl
    replied

Originally posted by Ikki View Post
    Just take it away.

No child needs a tablet. They need a phone when they are older and they are out with friends, or after school sports and you need to contact them.

I've tried everything. Chores for time online, limiting time to after school only, etc etc. I couldn't be bothered with the negotiations of how much time each chore is worth, or the "I'm just saving it" that lasts for another half an hour. I hate them playing online games and iteracting with god knows who. Like clash of clans etc.

Now I've just taken it away and expect the kids to interact with each other. They can play playstation at the end of the day, so at least they're playing together.

They use the PC in my room for homework.

Nothing else.
    You don't mess around lol.

Leave a comment:

• deen1984
    replied

Children in Japanese city banned from using smartphones after 9pm

Soaring mobile phone use and rising bullying rates have prompted one Japanese city to issue a nightly curfew on mobile devices after 9pm from next month.

The technology curfew move reportedly aims to discourage children from spending an unhealthy amount of time on electronic devices Photo: Alamy

3:54AM GMT 24 Mar 2014

Officials in a Japanese city are launching an ambitious campaign to ban children from using smartphones and mobile devices after 9pm.

Around 13,000 schoolchildren, aged between six and 15, who are living in Kariya city, Aiichi prefecture, will be banned from using mobile technology in the evening from 1 April.

The technology curfew move reportedly aims to discourage children from spending an unhealthy amount of time on electronic devices such as smartphones as well as reduce on-line bullying via instant messaging apps.

The ban, which was initially proposed by a group of teachers, social workers and police, was not officially issued by city hall so parents will not face any penalties if their children do not comply, according to Japanese media reports.

However, the initiative is reportedly supported by Kariya's board of education as well as all 21 schools across the city, with parents being directly requested to remove smartphones after 9pm and monitor the websites they access.

The new initiative is being launched just weeks after the government released statistics reflecting the increasingly extensive use of smartphones among Japan's school population.

The figures, released by the Cabinet Office, found that schoolchildren aged between 10 and 17 were spending an average of 107.4 minutes a day on-line on their phones, with nearly 40 per cent spending more than two hours a day on-line.

There has been growing controversy in Japan surrounding the use of mobile phones by schoolchildren, with claims of bullying relating to the a number of popular messaging apps.

Among them is Line, a widely-used free instant messaging and image sharing app which has been linked with cases of bullying among children, prompting calls for it to be banned on school premises.

The potentially harmful impact of heavy mobile phone use among children is an increasingly important issue for teachers, parents and government officials around the world.

A growing number of schools are considering mobile phone bans for pupils, with one successful example in the UK being Burnage Media Arts College in south Manchester, which reported soaring academic results following such a ban.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...after-9pm.html

Leave a comment:

• dsr478
    replied

Originally posted by deen1984 View Post
    Yes. Good idea. Inner city kids just want to eat chips and play call of duty all day. Too much laziness.
    *crisps

Leave a comment:

• deen1984
    replied

Originally posted by dsr478 View Post
    The way I see it, you just need to raise them on going outdoors more when they're young and give them a limited fixed time on electronic devices. When they're older though I think you should just let them use it freely, so long as they still study and fullfil their Islamic duties.

Just be careful what they do on their devices.
    Yes. Good idea. Inner city kids just want to eat chips and play call of duty all day. Too much laziness.

Leave a comment:

• dsr478
    replied

The way I see it, you just need to raise them on going outdoors more when they're young and give them a limited fixed time on electronic devices. When they're older though I think you should just let them use it freely, so long as they still study and fullfil their Islamic duties.

Just be careful what they do on their devices.

Leave a comment:

• deen1984
    replied

those devices are a big fitna. whenever I go and visit my sisters place, I see every one of their kids just glued to their phone or ipad all day long!

that's all they are interested in doing. I hope to give a phone to my kids when they are 18 inshallah :)

at the moment I just let my 3 year old watch cartoons on my phone, 30 mins max, same for TV. and I try not to do that every day.

Leave a comment:

• babadods
    replied

Originally posted by MuslimThinker View Post
    Thanks
    yeah board games, really. Can't wait to have kids and play with them those, been years since i played board games.
    Im not married either actually, just preparing and trying to help the young ones around me, nephews nieces and for knowledge.

its good that your family culture keep this good habit :up:
    yeah man, IA i hope you grow up be be a man who can do justice to the people around you and your kids, and that you marry someone pious.

Leave a comment:

• MuslimThinker
    replied

Originally posted by babadods View Post
    give them an alternative and don't deprive them of their fun especially during childhood.
    take them outdoors and show them the world and nature
    play board games with them
    read books

most important rule is to make sure no one around the kids do it keep it away from your families as children do what adults do.

i for one hate it if there are 2 or more people in a room and one person has their head down to a phone ... start a convo will you or eat together just don't pull your phone out playing games or txting day in and out.

i'm not married or anything but this is my family's attitude to these things and its how i was raised, finally its how i treat the cousins etc.
    Thanks
    yeah board games, really. Can't wait to have kids and play with them those, been years since i played board games.
    Im not married either actually, just preparing and trying to help the young ones around me, nephews nieces and for knowledge.

its good that your family culture keep this good habit :up:

Leave a comment:

• babadods
    replied

give them an alternative and don't deprive them of their fun especially during childhood.
    take them outdoors and show them the world and nature
    play board games with them
    read books

most important rule is to make sure no one around the kids do it keep it away from your families as children do what adults do.

i for one hate it if there are 2 or more people in a room and one person has their head down to a phone ... start a convo will you or eat together just don't pull your phone out playing games or txting day in and out.

i'm not married or anything but this is my family's attitude to these things and its how i was raised, finally its how i treat the cousins etc.

Leave a comment:

• Bilal el
    replied

Easiest way is to hide the charger

Leave a comment:

• Deeni Akh
    replied

Originally posted by MuslimThinker View Post
    thanks for the advices,brother. yes, i guess this will work, once they see nature or outside surroundings a lot more often, they will want to spend lesser time with their electronic devices, and get addicted less.
    imitation is also a strong factor. i like writing, hopefully when i have kids one day they follow me writing. And reading.

I think this imitation part is also relevant with regards to the chores discussion above. If they see you doing chores, they might follow too hopefully.
    Completely agree bro :up:

:brf:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X