I want to name my future son Muawiyah..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to name my future son Muawiyah..

I don't have a wife...but I was thinking, how dangerous of a name would muawiyah be if my son ever comes across shias?

I was thinking of naming my son that name so he can contemplate and realize the evil and the all the wrongs in Shism...

I also realized it's name that no one ever names their sons anymore? Is it because of the minority shias and the possibilities that can happen with that name?

It seems like a noble idea, but if the risk are real...
    Stop being apologetic to Kuffars!

If I don't engage with you or reply to any of your question, it's likely because I find you racist and a total waste of time.

Re: I want to name my future son Muawiyah..

Name him it in sha Allah. It's a nice name too.

If it is your naseeb, you will do it.

Comment

Lol regardless of what the shias think, Mu'aawiyah was a great sahabi رضي الله عنه, let them think whatever they want.
      Last edited by Deeni Akh; 08-01-17, 10:45 PM.

Comment

They also loath Umar (ra) and Abu Bakr (ra) but we still name our kids those names.

Comment

One of my fb friends named her newborn son Muawiya. If I had a son I'd never pick that name though (and my reasons have nothing to do with shias).
          The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

You need to get married first and have a child , you may have a daughter as well.

Comment

Choosing a name for your child should come from a place of love, not hate. You should name him Muawiyah out of love for that sahabi, radhiyallahu anhu...not out of hatred for the Shias.

Comment

All that just to troll the rafidah?

-_-

Comment

Name him: Offspring.
                  I am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

My friend has a nephew named mu'awiyah and this one time she brought him up in a conversation and this shi'a girl started bad mouthing the sahaabi and calling him a snake, astaghfirullah.
                    Last edited by islamuslim; 09-01-17, 03:37 AM.
                    إن الصلاة تنهى عن الفحشاء والمنكر

Comment

Originally posted by Abdell View Post
                      I don't have a wife...but I was thinking, how dangerous of a name would muawiyah be if my son ever comes across shias?

I was thinking of naming my son that name so he can contemplate and realize the evil and the all the wrongs in Shism...

I also realized it's name that no one ever names their sons anymore? Is it because of the minority shias and the possibilities that can happen with that name?

It seems like a noble idea, but if the risk are real...
                      Give your children names with good meanings to please Allaah, as long as that is your intention, and the names are permissible and not just to troll the shi'a then it's all good.
                      FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by Gingerbeardman View Post
                        Give your children names with good meanings to please Allaah, as long as that is your intention, and the names are permissible and not just to troll the shi'a then it's all good.
                        Like I said, one reason is to maybe have ny son contemplate about his name and thus realizing the faults of shism.
                        Stop being apologetic to Kuffars!

If I don't engage with you or reply to any of your question, it's likely because I find you racist and a total waste of time.

Comment

Name him Yajeed - after Yajeed ibn Abi Sufyan
                          Winning an argument doesn't mean you're on truth, losing an argument doesn't mean you're on falsehood.

Comment

I don't see a problem with naming a child after Muawiyah (RA). Who cares about what those 12er Rawafilth think.

Ok, well maybe one should be concerned about his safety in Shi'a-majority areas.
                            If following Ahmad makes me a 'Wahhaabi', then I declare that I am one.

Comment

Yeah Muawiyah is a good name. Muawiyah was the name of a very great Sahabi and champion of Islam, Hazrat Ameer Muawiyah bin Abi Sufyan r.z. Muawiyah means when a man is in his thirties and he is able to rotate his hands fully. Another meaning for Muawiyah is a star at which dog barks, he barks at other stars also but barks at this star the most...(think about it)
                              One of my best friend's name is Syed Muawiyah Ali. Syed also, name Muawiyah also...Masha Allah such a nice combination

Comment

Working...
                              X