No announcement yet.

I want to name my future son Muawiyah..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I want to name my future son Muawiyah..

Yes, but no one can say why without getting their posts deleted and infractions from the moderators. I got a 30 points infraction from the mods just for saying I personally wouldn't name a child Muawiya.

Originally posted by Noom View Post
    wasnt muawiya a controversial figure?
    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
      I got a 30 points infraction from the mods just for saying I personally wouldn't name a child Muawiya.
      Is that really the reason you think you got infracted?

`Ajeeb.
      والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

For rawaafid, yes. For everyone else who has respect for Rasulullah :saw: and his words, then no.
        والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

Yes that's what the PM says. It quotes "original post" and shows that post.

Originally posted by علي View Post
          Is that really the reason you think you got infracted?

`Ajeeb.

Comment

He will go to Jannah.
            You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
              Yes that's what the PM says. It quotes "original post" and shows that post.
              That's because your actual post was deleted by mistake, your post which says:

Originally posted by neelu
              There are better names, better Sahaba (ra) whom are better role models that I'd rather name sons after.
              He chose his lowlife son to be his successor- that should be reason enough.

Don't be ridiculous!
              Don't try to play the innocent game.

Comment

A scribe of the Qur'an and letters to various leaders. A brother in law of the Messenger

Comment

I received 2 PMs containing 2 infractions. One is a 15 point infraction that doesn't quote the post it is from (I presume because it was deleted). The second is a 30 point infraction which quotes my earlier post. I'm not trying to "play" anything- I'm quoting what the PMs actually said.

Originally posted by moderators View Post
                  That's because your actual post was deleted by mistake, your post which says:

Don't try to play the innocent game.

Comment

Originally posted by ibzy View Post
                    why are you telling me this
                    I am not telling "you" this.

Comment

How diluted some people are.

They would name their kids after themselves but not after a Companion.

Some of these diluted people should ponder why such ahadeeth exist in the first place:

The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him): ‘Do not curse my Companions, for by the One in Whose hand is my soul, if any one of you were to spend the equivalent of Mount Uhud in gold, he would not reach the status of one of them, nor even come half way.’ (Agreed upon).” Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 3/152

Comment

Hizbut tahrir have a problem with Muawiya(ra).

Comment

Originally posted by A.Basheer View Post
                          How diluted some people are.

They would name their kids after themselves but not after a Companion.

Some of these diluted people should ponder why such ahadeeth exist in the first place:

The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him): ‘Do not curse my Companions, for by the One in Whose hand is my soul, if any one of you were to spend the equivalent of Mount Uhud in gold, he would not reach the status of one of them, nor even come half way.’ (Agreed upon).” Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 3/152
                          Son, I don't disagree with you but the companions meant in this hadeeth are not all of them.
                          You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
                            Son, I don't disagree with you but the companions meant in this hadeeth are not all of them.
                            Excuse you son?

Comment

Originally posted by A.Basheer View Post
                              Excuse you son?
                              Son, read the full hadeeth with context and it will become clear to you.

Comment

Originally posted by quark View Post
                                Hizbut tahrir have a problem with Muawiya(ra).
                                It is a good way to identity deviants.

Comment

Working...
                                X