No announcement yet.

I want to name my future son Muawiyah..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I want to name my future son Muawiyah..

Originally posted by علي View Post
    I think `Umar and `Uthmaan radiyallahu `anhumaa are more hated in their eyes, yet we name them all the time.

And I've been to so many countries with tasawwuf and similar (this is unrelated to the discussion above), and just the fact that I see Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthmaan, radiyallahu `anhum ajma`een, their names written on the walls of masajid and monuments, I know I'm in ni`mah as opposed to being in the company of those who revile these pillars of the Muslim Ummah.
    They hate Mu'awiyah :RA: more.
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Salaam786 View Post
      says ABU awesome :D:D:D; a bit early to consider yourself a dad no? :D
      Thats different. Thats a nickname. Who names their child Awesome?
      They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

Originally posted by ibzy View Post
        Thats different. Thats a nickname. Who names their child Awesome?
        Assalam u Alaikum
        They, the rawafidh, hate Hazrat Umar Farooq r.z the most.

Comment

Originally posted by Abdell View Post
          I don't have a wife...but I was thinking, how dangerous of a name would muawiyah be if my son ever comes across shias?

I was thinking of naming my son that name so he can contemplate and realize the evil and the all the wrongs in Shism...

I also realized it's name that no one ever names their sons anymore? Is it because of the minority shias and the possibilities that can happen with that name?

It seems like a noble idea, but if the risk are real...
          I know three brothers just in this masjid who have named their son after Muawiyah (ra). So there are still some at least who have not allowed fear of the rafadhi oppressors to silence them.
          FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by Bismil View Post
            You need to get married first and have a child , you may have a daughter as well.
            Sounds like Mufti Menk.
            Are you him?

Comment

It's a common name in my country. It's a beautiful name and also a name of a Sahaba RA.

Comment

I had I guy come to my house to by a quad bike off me once and he was begging me to fix up the price and I wouldn't budge, I eventually asked him what's his name and he told me it was Muawiyah, i looked at him and smiled and said to him just because your name is Muawiyah I'll take $200 off the price then he told me that he named his son Yazid so I took another $100 off

Comment

Just to be clear though, there were many sahaba with the name Muawiyah, he's not the only 1.
                  Muawiyah, Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman, Talha, Zubayr, Aisha, Hafsah, Abu Sufyan etc all of em good names even more so to troll the Shia who revile them.
                  Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

Salam O Muawiyah....
                    Hero of Islam, Sayyidina Ameer Muawiyah Razi Allahu Anhu

Comment

Many peoples are named Muawiyah. I don't think so there'll be any issue. :)
                      Someone said: women are the cause of problems in the world. Yes. I agree because she suffered 9 months to bring a fool like you in life to say that women are the reason for problem..." - Ahmed Deedat

Comment

Originally posted by neelu
                        There are better names, better Sahaba (ra) whom are better role models that I'd rather name sons after.
                        He chose his lowlife son to be his successor- that should be reason enough.

Don't be ridiculous!
                        SubhanAllah

Mu'awiya was a great companion of the Messenger of Allah (saws) . He was a scribe of the Quran in the presence of Rasulullah (as)

You know the difference between sunni and shia is that we respect the sahabah and we do not denigrate them under any circumstance. Mu'awiya is a pinnacle figure between the sects. Our stance towards him is critical in distinction the shee'a.

He did much good for the Ummah and yes like all humans he had flaws. We shouldn't delve in to his flaws but rather celebrate his good ( which is many). I believe that is the more islamic thing to do. Anyone who tells you otherwise I'd suggest avoiding and not being influenced by their rhetoric unless your religion is of little value for you !

Excuse my tone, I am just passionate about this sahabi. I would love to name my own son Mu'awiya and in fact my muslim name is Mu'awiya ( not that I really use it much).

:jkk:

Comment

a reminder for everyone - please be mindful of what you say about the companions of Prophet:saw:, subhanAllah Allah is pleased with them, who are we then to disrespect them

fear Allah and keep quiet if you cannot say anything good about the companions radiallahu 'anhum
                          Last edited by .Hajar.; 01-04-17, 01:01 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hassaan Naqshbandi View Post
                            Assalam u Alaikum
                            They, the rawafidh, hate Hazrat Umar Farooq r.z the most.
                            why are you telling me this
                            They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

wasnt muawiya a controversial figure?
                              رَّبِّ اغْفِرْ وَارْحَمْ وَأَنتَ خَيْرُ الرَّاحِمِينَ1

Comment

Originally posted by Noom View Post
                                wasnt muawiya a controversial figure?
                                Not at all. He was one of the greatest human beings ever to walk on the surface of the earth.

And anyone who harbors any enmity or dislike for him should know that it's only a result of the evil in their heart.

Comment

Working...
                                X