No announcement yet.

I want to name my future son Muawiyah..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I want to name my future son Muawiyah..

My son will be Abdur Rahman ibn Deeni al britani إن شاء الله
    Last edited by Deeni Akh; 29-03-17, 08:23 PM.

Comment

A bit early to be thinking about naming your kids, no?
      They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

Sunnis are generally safe anyway from shia beliefs so no need to name with such intent

Comment

Originally posted by ibzy View Post
          A bit early to be thinking about naming your kids, no?
          says ABU awesome :D:D:D; a bit early to consider yourself a dad no? :D

Comment

Originally posted by Deeni Akh View Post
            My son will be Abdur Rahman ibn Deeni al britani إن شاء الله
            the last bit is a negative sign of last say; in hadith it says the khawrij will have names like that

Comment

Its fine i mean if you have to think of shia u cant name it umar or abu bakr neither, or name ur girl aicha
              يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
                One of my fb friends named her newborn son Muawiya. If I had a son I'd never pick that name though (and my reasons have nothing to do with shias).
                May I ask what the reasons are?
                You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
                  One of my fb friends named her newborn son Muawiya. If I had a son I'd never pick that name though (and my reasons have nothing to do with shias).
                  never name him that name????

that sounds like a desrespect to a great sahaba [ra]; just to compensate for that desrespect you should name him just that now! :)

Comment

Name your son [MENTION=101256]Morose[/MENTION] .

Comment

Originally posted by Medic View Post
                      Name your son [MENTION=101256]Morose[/MENTION] .
                      That wouldn't be a good idea bro. Name him [MENTION=127346]quark[/MENTION] instead.

Comment

[MENTION=73339]Poster[/MENTION] is also a good name but it also comes with the complications of being disliked by shia.

Comment

Originally posted by Salaam786
                          never name him that name????

that sounds like a desrespect to a great sahaba [ra]; just to compensate for that desrespect you should name him just that now! :)
                          Yup, right.

Comment

Why are you people thinking so much about shias??
                            Forget those sons of Mutah and think about giving good Islamic names to your children. Muawiyah is indeed a very good name. When shias will hear someone with that name they will got terrified....

Comment

I think `Umar and `Uthmaan radiyallahu `anhumaa are more hated in their eyes, yet we name them all the time.

And I've been to so many countries with tasawwuf and similar (this is unrelated to the discussion above), and just the fact that I see Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthmaan, radiyallahu `anhum ajma`een, their names written on the walls of masajid and monuments, I know I'm in ni`mah as opposed to being in the company of those who revile these pillars of the Muslim Ummah.
                              والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

Originally posted by Abdell View Post
                                I don't have a wife...but I was thinking, how dangerous of a name would muawiyah be if my son ever comes across shias?

I was thinking of naming my son that name so he can contemplate and realize the evil and the all the wrongs in Shism...

I also realized it's name that no one ever names their sons anymore? Is it because of the minority shias and the possibilities that can happen with that name?

It seems like a noble idea, but if the risk are real...

Youhavetohaveawifetoenableyoutohavealegitmatechild .IwouldworkonthatfirstifIwereyou.

SorrymySpacebarIsNOTWORKING>
                                "Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they turn away" (21:1)

Comment

Working...
                                X