No announcement yet.

I want to name my future son Muawiyah..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I want to name my future son Muawiyah..

Originally posted by Bismil View Post
    I accept whoever is given indirect glad tidings of Jannah. Like Aisha RA , Khadija RA , etc .

But I have not come across any hadeeth that gives indirect glad tidings to people who accepted Islam after Mecca conquest. Your comment about Badr companions is right , that is what the ayat in the Quran also says. , and also there is a hadeeth regarding that.
    They just quoted two hadith's supporting muawiyaah indirectly and directly, but u say otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by Bismil View Post
      The list you mentioned can be added up , from authentic sunni literature , No Historical books. But the problem is that people have made up there mind already. When you talk about Rafa Yadain , marriage , zakat , hajj etc then people want to know the evidence from hadeeth , but when you talk about this topic you are labelled as shia , that is the end. Prophet is saying something , is that not enough ? Will we accept the words of prophet or opinion of the scholars.

We cannot ignore the hadeeth.

I am not against anyone going to paradise or not , that is the wish of Allah swt , he can do whatever he wants to do. But we should not play with ayats of Quran. Quran is saying that there were hypocrites in Medina which even prophet does not know. How can we identify them ? Iman is the condition of being a companion. The problem is that Iman is unseen thing , only Allah swt knows. The evidence is in the quran it self , in surah Hujirat , where Allah wt says that to tell the bedoins that they have entered Islam , but Iman has not entered there hearts yet. Both are different things.
      So ur saying muawiyah r.a. is possibly a hypocrite,

Comment

Originally posted by Muhaqqiq View Post
        what is satanic about the comment? point out one incorrect statement from the comment you quoted. the ahadith say to not speak ill of the sahaba. nothing else, as far as i am aware.

nobody belittled anyone. if pointing out mistakes or quoting hadith is belittling, then our early hadith scholars are guilty of it more than anyone.

there were hypocrites among the sahaba as well. surah taubah 101. ahadith mention this as well. numerous ones about the fountain on day of judgment. does that mean the hypocrites are also the best of generation? ofcourse not. please dont reply with emotions. rather quote the quran or sunnah.
        You are trying to inisuate muawiyah r.a. may be of the munafiqeen, sly criminal.

Comment

There is a consensus on the virtues and greatness of mu'awiyah (ra) as a sahabi. Whoever opposes this is either a Shi'a or has nuts and bolts loosened from his head.

Comment

Originally posted by Abdell View Post
            I don't have a wife...but I was thinking, how dangerous of a name would muawiyah be if my son ever comes across shias?

I was thinking of naming my son that name so he can contemplate and realize the evil and the all the wrongs in Shism...

I also realized it's name that no one ever names their sons anymore? Is it because of the minority shias and the possibilities that can happen with that name?

It seems like a noble idea, but if the risk are real...
            Brother insha Allah by the time you get married your wife might not agree to the name or you might change your mind anway.

Look up the meaning of the name aswell.

Hope Allah blesses you with pious children who will be the coolness of your eyes.

Comment

That sounds like an amazing name brother, may Allah grant you a wife and a son that will be the coolness of your eyes.

Comment

Working...
              X