https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

Don’t know how I missed that! YUCK!
              Also timmy is wearing a dress

Comment

Originally posted by Faith reloaded 2 View Post

Also timmy is wearing a dress
                And it looks like he’s had too much lip filler as well!
                https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

And it looks like he’s had too much lip filler as well!

Comment

home schooling is hard, i mean just teaching the kids in lockdown was difficult imo,
                    i have friends who are strict about it and even their wives dont want them to home school but these guys wont compromise on it,
                    my mate simply put it as yea in school you learn about education but what about morals, like respect and stuff, amount of kids swearing at teachers etc these days is just the norm in the UK

so yea i do see where hes coming from, plus he did ask me what about your kids praying salat, wont they miss that at school and hes right at the end of the day deen should come before dunya

Comment

• Does anyone here homeschool? i feel like it would be so hard but i guess once ur married and have kids, one may feel completely different about it. Wouldnt want them going to a regular school ofcourse(if Allaah blesses me with kids InshaaAllaah), so I used to feel like going to an Islaamic school is a good option. Espec with all the nonsense taught in public schools these days, plus it may be more difficult for them to pray there etc. A school where they can qualify as scholars and also get the conventional academic qualifications InshaaAllaah. So that they can choose what they want to do, aslong as its halaal.
                      And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�
                      [al-An�aam 6:59]

Comment

• very hard indeed

Comment

• Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
                          Does anyone here homeschool? i feel like it would be so hard but i guess once ur married and have kids, one may feel completely different about it. Wouldnt want them going to a regular school ofcourse(if Allaah blesses me with kids InshaaAllaah), so I used to feel like going to an Islaamic school is a good option. Espec with all the nonsense taught in public schools these days, plus it may be more difficult for them to pray there etc. A school where they can qualify as scholars and also get the conventional academic qualifications InshaaAllaah. So that they can choose what they want to do, aslong as its halaal.
                          We homeschooled our son who is now getting his BA, in sha Allah. My wife did 95% of the work. We used a lot of online curricula and only used the math and language arts elements of them. The rest of the homeschool curriculum was Arabic studies, recitation, Tajweed, and a lot of writing exercises.

Don't waste time with 99% of the "Islamic schools". They are 90% secular education and 10% Arabic/Islamic studies. I know because I have been hired to put together lesson plans for elementary school children.

It is extremely difficult to homeschool children. It takes a lot of dedication and perseverance from the parents.

Comment

• Originally posted by AbuNajm View Post

We homeschooled our son who is now getting his BA, in sha Allah. My wife did 95% of the work. We used a lot of online curricula and only used the math and language arts elements of them. The rest of the homeschool curriculum was Arabic studies, recitation, Tajweed, and a lot of writing exercises.

Don't waste time with 99% of the "Islamic schools". They are 90% secular education and 10% Arabic/Islamic studies. I know because I have been hired to put together lesson plans for elementary school children.

It is extremely difficult to homeschool children. It takes a lot of dedication and perseverance from the parents.
                            I hope you don't mind, but I have some questions.

Why did you only use math and language arts curriculum from these online schools and not other subjects? Did this effect his chances of getting accepted into university?

How long did it take for him to reach proficiency in these subjects and how many hours did he study each day?

Do you think it would be easier to have children of a similar age group (about 1-3 years apart) and teach them all at the same time rather than have them go through secular studies separately?
                            Last edited by .khayriyyah.; 08-06-22, 02:43 AM.
                            Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become humbly submissive at the remembrance of Allah and what has come down of the truth? And let them not be like those who were given the Scripture before, and a long period passed over them, so their hearts hardened; and many of them are defiantly disobedient. (57:16)

Comment

• Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post

I hope you don't mind, but I have some questions.

Why did you only use math and language arts curriculum from these online schools and not other subjects? Did this effect his chances of getting accepted into university?

How long did it take for him to reach proficiency in these subjects and how many hours did he study each day?

Do you think it would be easier to have children of a similar age group (about 1-3 years apart) and teach them all at the same time rather than have them go through secular studies separately?
                              We only used the math and language arts subjects [sorry, also science] because the other subjects are pretty much indoctrination into Kufr and Shirk and they're also useless when it comes to university studies.

These days, as long as you're willing to pay for university in the USA, then anyone can get accepted, even with a GED. As long as your child can pass the General Educational Development exam, then they can be admitted to many universities.

Studying for the GED exam is easy for a child who has been studying math and language arts up to the 12th grade level. The social studies part of the GED exam is easy to study for last minute.

Our son studied around 3 hours per day on average. Some days more and some days less.

Children generally do better with individual attention. Studying in groups has more to do with socialization or economics than academic achievement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Layla_ View Post
                                Salam

Ok so I've been thinking about homeschooling for a while now as my eldest is approaching school age. State school for me is a big no no, would have liked to send to an Islamic school but I may potentially be a single mum and obv won't have the finances. Plus, a lot of Islamic school teachers are not qualified, so surely I can teach just as well as them?!

But, is it hard...obviously you need to spend time and money on homeschooling but can a single mum really do this with no other support? How long do you homeschool for anyway...what if my kids want to go to college / uni ?

Tell me all you know about homeschooling!
                                An interesting observation after watching 40+ years of Muslims homeschooling

It is not hard, but it take a certain type of mother to handle it. Some try without the correct attitude, and they fail. Some try without proper planning, and they fail. Some try without researching what's needed to be successful and they fail

Seems like the only successful ones are those who understand the dedication, planning, attitude needed to be successful

But it can be done. I have seen it done, very successfully
                                .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                                نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                                دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X