X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UmmAbdullah86
    replied
    Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

Learn good or bad and then end up apostating or having doubts about Allah and the quran

or becoming a homosexual or a zani or drug dealer

Allah said 'do not take the christians and jews as friends'

so why place your kids in a school full of them and then being taught by them aswell

your just making it worse that way

People apostate when they do not have an understanding of religion and their questions are not answered, not because they are exposed to other religions.  Homosexuality exists in Muslim countries too, as do zanis and drug dealers.  I'm not a great advocate of non Muslim schools btw, but the 'keep them away from non Muslims at all costs' isn't the way forward.  Not all muslims are good examples or good teachers.  We need to strengthen our Muslim schools and institutions; some of which are not in it for the profit, may Allah swt reward them.

Leave a comment:

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied
    Originally posted by P1RAT3N View Post
    Yes, it differs from place to place but...
    School is a "business". The value it had before is long gone. It is not they way it used to be.
    Nothing is for free, they take you in but not for your sake or your future. They do it for their sake, they want money.
    You don't matter for them, you don't.
    And it includes islamic schools as well. Be careful as they all follow under the same law. Same politicians. You are controlled either way, it is a business that benefit the higher ups no matter what institutions claim to be.

Don't be overprotective, let the kids out. Tell them what's right/wrong and then let them face the world. Hiding them behind closed doors will make them fragile, and vulnerable for the outside world once they get older because they won't know how to handle certain situations. It is not about socializing, it's about opening their eyes to reality.
    It is not about how well they will do with their education. Some people do well studying around people, some do well at home with a parent. And some are perfectly fine alone in the attic with no school involved, it all depends on the kid. But the issue is them being hidden inside four walls with no exposure to the problems of the outside world. Taking them out once in a while won't solve anything. Let the kids out, let them learn. If something happens to them, whether it's good or bad, it will be a life lesson for them.

Let them take responsibility once they reach the age to think. Kindergarten is useless so try to stay away from that building. First graders? Send them to school and let them learn how life is.
    Learn good or bad and then end up apostating or having doubts about Allah and the quran

or becoming a homosexual or a zani or drug dealer

Allah said 'do not take the christians and jews as friends'

so why place your kids in a school full of them and then being taught by them aswell

your just making it worse that way

Leave a comment:

• P1RAT3N
    replied
    Yes, it differs from place to place but...
    School is a "business". The value it had before is long gone. It is not they way it used to be.
    Nothing is for free, they take you in but not for your sake or your future. They do it for their sake, they want money.
    You don't matter for them, you don't.
    And it includes islamic schools as well. Be careful as they all follow under the same law. Same politicians. You are controlled either way, it is a business that benefit the higher ups no matter what institutions claim to be.

Don't be overprotective, let the kids out. Tell them what's right/wrong and then let them face the world. Hiding them behind closed doors will make them fragile, and vulnerable for the outside world once they get older because they won't know how to handle certain situations. It is not about socializing, it's about opening their eyes to reality.
    It is not about how well they will do with their education. Some people do well studying around people, some do well at home with a parent. And some are perfectly fine alone in the attic with no school involved, it all depends on the kid. But the issue is them being hidden inside four walls with no exposure to the problems of the outside world. Taking them out once in a while won't solve anything. Let the kids out, let them learn. If something happens to them, whether it's good or bad, it will be a life lesson for them.

Let them take responsibility once they reach the age to think. Kindergarten is useless so try to stay away from that building. First graders? Send them to school and let them learn how life is.

Leave a comment:

• UmmAbdullah86
    replied
    Honestly teachers in public schools with qts and or pgce are nothing special. The grades students achieve in most schools is not based on the teachers training and qualifications majority of the time. I am saying this from experience because I have first hand witnessed the type of people who have become teachers or been on the pgce course. Many of them are not good teachers they learn through experience, trial and error, tips and advice. Many things they learn can be learnt from home or teaching independently. In UK teacher trainers are emphasizing on subject knowledge due to the vast amount of teachers lacking subject knowledge. Many of them dont know their own subject properly. I remember when I was in school half the teachers were terrible and I had to go to an independent tuition centre (run by muslims ) to get good grades. That was from the age of 13 to 18 I depended on tuition to help me as most of the teachers were not that helpful. Secondly when you have a large class attention is not placed on individuals as much and teachers in schools have so many targets to read and work to mark thus lack of attention. People who have doubts about islamic schools or home schooling need to really reconsider and think properly. Most of the success in work comes from the students own efforts and a small part from the teacher helping them to comprehend the work. Sajid lipham has a number of good videos on schooling for muslim children and this is becoming increasingly needed with the amount of indoctrination and anti islamic beliefs young vulnerable muslims face in schools.

If one cant homeschool then find a tuition centre to help with the home schooling or tutor preferrably muslim. If not that then an islamic school but save for the funds from before.

The tuition centre I went to had primary school kids doing their gcses I know because I did a gcse early whilst in my teens and had a 9 or 10 yr old doing the exam alongside me.
    will check out those videos inshaAllah, JazekAllah khair.  I agree with you to a certain extent, in an ideal situation every mother would be equipped to home educate and have money for tuition centres but this is not the case.  I have seen some terrible examples that would make your toes curl.  I used to think keeping them at home was better regardless of whether they were receiving an education or not but I strongly disagree with that now, education is the way forward for our ummah, we need to mobilise and come up with the most appropriate Islamic education institutes, but that in itself is a problem for many reasons, Allahul musta3n.

Leave a comment:

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied
    Honestly teachers in public schools with qts and or pgce are nothing special. The grades students achieve in most schools is not based on the teachers training and qualifications majority of the time. I am saying this from experience because I have first hand witnessed the type of people who have become teachers or been on the pgce course. Many of them are not good teachers they learn through experience, trial and error, tips and advice. Many things they learn can be learnt from home or teaching independently. In UK teacher trainers are emphasizing on subject knowledge due to the vast amount of teachers lacking subject knowledge. Many of them dont know their own subject properly. I remember when I was in school half the teachers were terrible and I had to go to an independent tuition centre (run by muslims ) to get good grades. That was from the age of 13 to 18 I depended on tuition to help me as most of the teachers were not that helpful. Secondly when you have a large class attention is not placed on individuals as much and teachers in schools have so many targets to read and work to mark thus lack of attention. People who have doubts about islamic schools or home schooling need to really reconsider and think properly. Most of the success in work comes from the students own efforts and a small part from the teacher helping them to comprehend the work. Sajid lipham has a number of good videos on schooling for muslim children and this is becoming increasingly needed with the amount of indoctrination and anti islamic beliefs young vulnerable muslims face in schools.

If one cant homeschool then find a tuition centre to help with the home schooling or tutor preferrably muslim. If not that then an islamic school but save for the funds from before.

The tuition centre I went to had primary school kids doing their gcses I know because I did a gcse early whilst in my teens and had a 9 or 10 yr old doing the exam alongside me.

Leave a comment:

• iRepIslam
    replied
    Homeschooling is always better when youre networking with other parents who are doing the same thing as you and when you go to groups regularly.

Leave a comment:

• aelmo
    replied
    Previously in this thread I think I said homeschooling wasn't good or something like that because the kids won’t be allowed to socialize and yada yada yada. But one of my coworkers home schools and the system that she has seems pretty legit.

She and other home schooling parents will agree on what they are going to teach their kids everyday and will organize little field trips every now and then to educational places so that the kids can hang out together. Not all the parents together, just a few. And the ministry of education will check in every once in a while to make sure that your child is actually being taught what they are supposed to. So she collects evidence of the work she does with her kids to show them if they pop by. Evidence like worksheets, art work etc.

Leave a comment:

• iRepIslam
    replied
    No worries sis, it is definitely not for everyone, May Allah bless you and allow your children to grow up to be righteous believers.

Leave a comment:

• Layla_
    replied
    Last edited by Layla_; 12-11-19, 10:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• iRepIslam
    replied
    السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته¬†

Have you re-considered this Laila?

Leave a comment:

• UmmAbdullah86
    replied
    I home educated all of my children (5) alhamdulillah up until various stages. For me I found the early years easy and very enjoyable, but really started to hate the secondary level. Over the 15+ years I changed my mind about some aspects but alhamdulillah no regrets. However I would add that just as every child is not suited to school, not every child (or parent!) is suited to home education.

Leave a comment:

• Layla_
    replied
    https://youtu.be/D-UqjvtGB-4

sajid lipham on taking kids out of public schools

excellent video

Leave a comment:

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied
    https://youtu.be/D-UqjvtGB-4

sajid lipham on taking kids out of public schools

excellent video

Leave a comment:

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied
    no matter how hard it is

better than your kid becoming a batty man or jahil hanging with kuffs smoking weed and committing zina

i heard a story recently of a girl who apostated she also wanted to run off with some kaafir
    she also went to a secular girls school

(her mum is a quran teacher)
    but people dont seem to understand that a muslim cannot be around an unislamic environment such as secular schools
    and be friends with kuffar

Leave a comment:

• isa_muhammad
    replied
    Originally posted by neelu View Post
    Re: Is homeschooling hard?
    ..There are countries in mainland Europe which have very high educational standards but they don't start sending their children to school till age 7 because they believe that the earlier years should be for play and they're too young to be in a structured learning system before that age.
    Yes, but it depends on the parents level of education and the social life of the children.
    It is no good if the children are not getting a decent education, and they are awkward when they do start school.

There is no "one for all". My children didn't start until 6 .. I picked up the habit from the west of Ireland and brought it back with me to the UK :sneakiness:

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X