Disowning your daughter?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disowning your daughter?

Just wondering what would be the reasons of disowning your daughter.. Would parents disown there daughter for wanting to marry a guy that they think is not good for her?

Re: Disowning your daughter?

:salams

They should not.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

is it an haram?

Comment

there are many things to take into consideration for your question

why is the daughter disobeying her parents, what is their relationship like, is it based upon islam, is the daughter a source of good or harm to her parents, is the man she wants to marry a harm or good

as a parent, sometimes you have to put your foot down regarding a child, because of the child's blatant disobedience, which is very haram in islam
        .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
        نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
        دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

She's an amazing young and talented girl and she has a strong relationship with her parents and always wants to make them happy but surely she has to be happy too? The guy she wants to marry is a practising muslim and he makes her happy and he is a guy that will always be there for her and her family.. but the parents wont allow her to marry him because he wasnt born a muslim, she fears she'll be disowned

Comment

Would love to know what some parents here would think of this

Comment

my daughters too young for marriage just yet, but if a revert wanted to marry my daughter and I was satisfied with his deen and character then no problem... but I would say that as I am a revert.

The only proviso is that I would want to make sure when checking his deen that he has spent time learning the current understanding of our deen, that he can pray and that he has the foundation required to start a good muslim family and raise my grandchildren upon that.
              Abu Saalehah

OUTREACH4ISLAM - Calling the not yet Muslims of Leicester to Islam since 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Stvnh View Post
                Just wondering what would be the reasons of disowning your daughter.. Would parents disown there daughter for wanting to marry a guy that they think is not good for her?
                no,

far as I'm aware the Only reason they may disown her is if she left Islam ... became a Murtad ...

unless someone else can correct me otherwise,

:jkk:
                http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
                  no,

far as I'm aware the Only reason they may disown her is if she left Islam ... became a Murtad ...

unless someone else can correct me otherwise,

disobedience to the messenger of Allah was typical what would cause the cutting of ties during the companions
                  دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

well for a muslim woman if she wants to marry she needs a wali, that is a gaurdian he is the one who marries her to her husband. So for a muslim woman with a muslim father he has to be the one to marry her to him, so if he doesnt agree then she cant marry as a marriage is invalid without her wali/gaurdian and two male witnesses.

The wali cannot be changed unless he refuses to let her marry for an unislamic reason, for example he doesnt like her choice of husband not because theres anything wrong with his character or his religion, but just because hes arab, or african or some reason that is not acceptable in islam. Then it would be taken to a qadhi ( islamic judge) and the judge would have someone else replace him as her gaurdian if the wali did not agree to change his ways.

so point of explaning all that is to show a muslim woman cant just go off and marry anyone, she needs approval from her gaurdian.
                    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
                      disobedience to the messenger of Allah was typical what would cause the cutting of ties during the companions
                      In other words Kufr would be enought to cut of ties?

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
                        In other words Kufr would be enought to cut of ties?

you are true

however, today, disobedience to the messenger of Allah is not considered kufr, or else 85% of all muslims are murtad

today, we find scholarly opinion to justify our disobedience or we draw some line that to be a murtad, you have to been seen worshiping a rock or something
                        دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Her parents gave her an ultimatum, so basically threatening to disown her

Comment

Her parents gave her an ultimatum, so basically threatening to disown her
                            Well if it is an unIslamic reason, then go speak to an Imam who may direct you towards a Qadhi like Asiya said.

Comment

it is an unislamic reason.. but what would be the islamic reasons?

Comment

Working...
                              X