X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Resources for Parents with Disabled Children

Assalamu Alaikum Jenicca,

You are so true about how difficult managing children with special needs can be, Qadr'Allah. I'm not certain as to which disabilities you have had interactions with, but have you visited Autism Sparks? It's a great website with helpful tips for kids with Autism.
    Your Sister in Islam,
    Grandma Jeddah

Comment

Wa Alaikum Salam Sister

You are speaking from true experience, Masha'Allah. May Allah bless us all to grow more knowledgeable and tolerant of those who have significant differences and disabilities. It can be very difficult for parents of normal-range children to understand why certain children have great difficulty controlling their emotions and actions. It can be even more difficult for them to accept the reaction of the parent who fails to react with strict harshness to manage the child's conduct. I guess that's where being an advocate for our children comes in.
      Your Sister in Islam
      Grandma Jeddah

Comment

Great link, Jazakalakhair for the information.

Your Sister in Islam,
        Grandma Jeddah

Comment

Re: Resources for Parents with Disbaled Children

I know a person who is also having Autism. But it's difficult for the parents to grow the children with disability irrespective of their nature of disability.

Comment

wa alaikumsalaam wa rahmatuAllahi wa barakaatuh!

Sis, can you please send me the info about the resort in egypt for disabled muslim children please inshallah. And I also need to know if you know if this is also for parents of children with down syndrome and adhd?? I am an unpaid (lol) community outreach person here for the foreigners living here in Cairo. This information is needed by a couple sisters here who are struggling to find affordable and excel;lent places to put their children in. They are also american as well, jazzakumAllahukhair in advance :)

Comment

As Salam Alaikum

Here are a couple of links to courses/CPD for those interested, useful for parents, carers, people who work with children with additional needs/disabilities. You will need to register, other than that they're free inshallah:

http://elearning.autism-connect.org.uk/store [Autism Spectrum Condition/Disorder - range of courses]

http://learn.epilepsy.org.uk/courses/ [Epilepsy - various courses]

Comment

May Allah Ta'ala ease you all and your hardships and bless you all. Ameen.

Comment

Indeed, Parents are the precious creation of Allah.

Comment

Working...
                  X