Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crying baby - Recommendations

Assalaamu Alaykum,

Apologies if a similar thread has been created already BUT i cudnt fine one.

Anyhow my son is 1 month old, he is alhamdulillah healthy and is feeding well etc etc - during the day he is sweet as anything, cries as expected when he is hungry or requires a change BUT . . . . .

the last few days he cries quite violently at night - even if he has been fed and changed he continues crying, its as if he is scared.

Basically i was wanting to know if there are any dua's to read to stop him from getting scared or any other recommendations would be welcome

Jazakallah

Re: Crying baby - Recommendations

its normal for them to go through different stages when it comes to crying so so long as he seems healthy and clean and you've done the normal stuff then wouldnt worry too much.

in regards night fears, you should make it a habit to read manzil over him at night and first thing in the morning, if for whatever reason that aint possible then atleast ayatul kursi, 4 quls, surah fatihah and darud shareef.
    Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

My oldest son had colic when he was an infant and the screaming could go on all night long. One of the most helpful things was to have him sleep in his car seat. I was very much against the idea as I almost thought it cruel to strap him in the car seat, but it worked wonders. If the problem persists, you might check up with your pediatrician.

Another thing that seemed to work is to go from inside outside and the temperature change would sometimes stop the seemingly endless crying.

One of things that someone told me at the time is don't wish this time away because it will never come again. In other words, sometimes we have a tendency to jump ahead and say "I wish today were over with" in the midst of sleepless nights and frustration. Take each day and savor the memories, infancy flies by. I can't believe that my son is going to be 8 in May insha Allah.

May Allah bless you and your family.

Comment

awww, poor baby. did you consult his doctor about this? could be anything from an earache to colic?

just soothe and cuddle him and recite or play soft Quran, inshaa Allah

have you ever heard of "woodwards gripe water"? the herbs in it calm the digestive system in infants. worked great for my daughter when she had colic, alhamdulillah

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions, much appreciated.

Alhamdulillah he was a lot better last night - shall continue with the dua and quran recitation inshallah.

Comment

hmmm. crying at night might be colic?
            insha Allah mention to ur health visitor and see what they suggest, or i think theres a helpline for babies who cry loads which is called crysis, i dno the number but u can google it. one person i heard of who used that told that they recommended these cds of white noise? and the baby listens to it and for some reason it makes them calm..
            also u could try playing quran mayb? then he wdnt feel scared cos he would have the background noise? where is he sleeping in his own room or same room with u?
            insha Allah its just a phase and it will improve quickly.
            the only thing i think u shudnt do is that controlled crying because if he seems scared it will really make him worse? if u keep picking him up everytime he will feel reassured n he would see theres no reason 2 b scared cos u wil always get him
            .: Rufaida :.
            .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
            http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
            “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
            but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
            ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
            <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

but with the white noise thing, they'll become used to it and then they'll rely on it for their comfort to sleep which isnt always practical afterwards.

like everyones said it could be colic, but continue with reading the quls inshallah and see the HV. also i know they recommend to let babies sleep on their backs , but it might be that baby isnt comfortable in the position youve put them in ?

inshallah ur baby is just learning and it'll become easier sister :)
              Abu Huraira (ra) narrated that the messenger of Allah (saw) said 'Beware of suspicion, for suspicion is the worst of false tales; and do not look at the faults of others, and do not indulge in spying on one another..do not be jealous of one another and do not hate one another, O Allah's worshippers! Be brothers' (Sahih Bukhari)

Comment

wa alaykum asalaam

my daughter was exactly like that...and it went on for 3 months..... was colic..the health visitor showed me some massage techniques which helped and used the colic medicine...the drops..cant remember what called now!

Comment

infacol?
                  ~ Ibn Atallah

<button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

sounds like colic, I agree with anna about not doing controlled crying, is not suitable for such a young baby. Infacol is a good colic medicine, you just drop it into baby's mouth before a feed (or after?? I forgot - follow the instructions on the bottle!!) and it helps make all the little bubbles of gas turn into big bubbles which are easier for baby to get out of his system. Also gripe water like Tahiya said is good, but on the bottle it says not to give it to babies below a certain age?? infacol I think is for any age.

if it carries on and stuff like reciting Qur'an, giving infacol etc isn't working, see the health visitor inshaAllah :up: they're trained in how to help colicy babies

Comment

Originally posted by muslim_sis View Post
                      but with the white noise thing, they'll become used to it and then they'll rely on it for their comfort to sleep which isnt always practical afterwards.

like everyones said it could be colic, but continue with reading the quls inshallah and see the HV. also i know they recommend to let babies sleep on their backs , but it might be that baby isnt comfortable in the position youve put them in ?

inshallah ur baby is just learning and it'll become easier sister :)
                      Brother actually . . .

Jazakhalla for all the suggestions - will bring it up with the health visitor soon if the crying persists

Somebody has recommended Infacol - it can be used from birth onwards so i shall look to try that Inshallah

Comment

dhakiyya infacol is before the feed
                        personally i am not convinced infacol works... i tried it altho my baby didnt really have much of colic anyway but it didnt seem to make a difference? and wen u read the packet it said if u gave the wholeee thing of it by mistake it wouldnt harm the baby, so it cant b anything strong in that case?
                        BUT its def worth just trying it in case u do find that it helps.
                        other mums i know found the same as me though :p
                        ~ Ibn Atallah

Comment

regards effectiveness of infacol - it depends on what is causing the colic. if it's caused by gas in the intestine, then it works. basically it makes little bubbles of gas join up to make big bubbles which are easier for the baby to pass. their little intestines get all cramped up trying to pass the small bubbles without much efffect :( but the big bubbles come out easily. However if the colic is caused by something other than gas, then infacol won't work.

The reason it won't harm the baby if you give them the whole bottle at once is because the infacol iteslf isn't absorbed into the body, it just goes straight through. which means its very safe for babies.

Comment

ohhh okay, thanks for info :up:
                            ~ Ibn Atallah

Comment

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
                              infacol?

yep thats the one...and i think there was some other drops you could put in the milk or something

it worked for some of my friends but not for me...

Comment

Working...
                              X