Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mothers milk - how to overcome any problems in the early days - general information

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: need advice on baby weightloss

Originally posted by KatarinaRahman View Post
    Breast is best, when there are no preexisting medical problems, WITHOUT doubt. Every baby born in the USA is screened for PKU (by law), so inshallah it will gain more awareness as the years come :)
    I agree. Sometimes mothers end up having to formula feed due to all kinds of issues, including health problems with the mother, and sometimes just a complete and utter lack of support in helping her establish breastfeeding (if her mum and female relatives can't help then she's reliant on midwives, health visitors etc is she's having difficulty, and most of them are not trained in how to support new mums in establishing breastfeeding) and they turn to formula in desperation..... there are all kinds of reasons why any mother may have to formula feed and IMO it's no-one else's business but her own and other mums shouldn't judge her or demand to know why (she doesn't have to share her medical/obstetric history with *anyone*).

I'm less aware of issues that mean the baby has to have a special formula rather than either breast milk or normal formula so jazak Allahu khayran for raising awareness, and it's more reason to be non-judging of what other mums are doing, and that the reasons for mums making particular decisions may not be any of anyone else's business :)

Comment

It danger use weight loss medicine for baby

Comment

I want to share here my personal experience of breastfeeding my daughter who is 16 months old now and is still on it. In the beginning when I put her to feeding, she was just a day old. Every time I fed her I felt her more calm and crying less. She always used to fall a sleep while breastfeeding. She was always keen for my milk instead of cow's which she always refused to take after a sip or two. I feel so happy for my daughter that she is healthy, intelligent and energetic so far with the grace of Almighty.
        boston niagara falls tour
        West Coast Bus Tours
        Last edited by kate124; 04-07-13, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Very interesting topic! A lot of new informatio for me

Comment

Breastmilk production has the law of demand and supply. The more frequent your child is being fed, the more time for a mother to produce more milk. Once you decreased the frequency of feeding, ultimately, your supply will also be decreased.

Comment

Rug Import

Nice Post...I have read your post.. I got great info about Mother breastfeeds...I just read an article on the net someplace and they say the 10% weight loss should be from the weight he had wen leaving hospital, and not his birthweight because he's already lost a bit in the 48 hours he spent in hospital? Thanks for sharing this article..

Comment

Last edited by Muslim Mothers; 09-10-15, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Re: breastfeeding thread

sigpic

Comment

Muslim parent's manual - available on Kindle Store £/$0.99

Salaam sisters,

I am a General Practitioner based in the UK and I wanted to make you all aware of my new ebook "The Muslim Parent's Manual" available on The Amazon Kindle Store for £/$0.99 only, intended for new parents especially those expecting a new baby.

There is a section of the book focusing on breastfeeding and formula milks and the available options to feed your baby, together with the benefits and downsides to each. I am very much pro-breastfeeding, as Allah(swt) recommends it in the Holy Qur'an until the age of two, where possible.

I hope some of you may find the book helpful and it is a free download if you have a Kindle Unlimited subscription.

Brother Zahid

Comment

The advise given in this thread is of course for those women who are able to feed their babies as they get a lot of milk produced bizinillah.

however, there are many women, and some i have seen closely, are unable to feed their little ones because they do not produce enough milk in their breasts or the milk is rejected by the baby. In such case, other milk has to be provided to the baby to avoid lack of nutrition. And this is something that is out of the hand of the woman who does it.

Of course there are those who just don't want to feed, well they are accountable on the day of judgement as breast milk is the right of every new born.
                      Online Quran Classes from Al Madinah Al Munawwara | Islamic Knowledge | Islamic Channel

Comment

Re: Mothers milk - how to overcome any problems in the early days - general informati

tanx

طراحی سایت

Comment

Re: Mothers milk - how to overcome any problems in the early days - general informati

thnak you

طراحی سایت

Comment

GOOD LUCK.دانلود از یوتیوب .And if you have really sore nipples you can use nipple shields until they stop being sore. If you use nipple shields on both sides for a while there is a danger the baby will refuse to feed without them so they should be used sparingly, but they really can help get you through a difficult few feeds whilst they heal up

Comment

Working...
                            X