Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mothers milk - how to overcome any problems in the early days - general information

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: breastfeeding sticky thread

got a link from lansinoh in email, looks like it may be useful?

http://www.lansinoh.co.uk/information_sheets.php
    .: Rufaida :.
    .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
    http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
    “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
    but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
    ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
    <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

:up: mashaAllah excellent site -very useful factsheets mashaAllah! - I recommend lansinoh lanonlin cream - in fact every mother intending to breastfeed should have one in her hospital bag inshaAllah. If you;re not sure about buying a whole tube to begin with - you sometimes get free sachets of it in the bounty bags and stuff like that. One sachet lasts for two or three applications inshaAllah. But a whole tube is better IMO

Edit: I put a link to the factsheet for fathers in the what new fathers can do sticky thread :up:
      Last edited by dhak1yya; 11-03-08, 07:13 PM.

Comment

http://www.laleche.org.uk/
        international organisation for breastfeeding mothers, contact them with any concerns about breastfeeding, also ask your local medical providers health visitors and midwives for brestfeeding courses to take during last trimester of pregnancy inshaallah.

also many hospitals have a breastfeeding expert who you can speak to and groups you can join to get breastfeeding support and meet other b feeding mums.

http://www.doula.org.uk/

if you can afford it hiring a good doula with breastfeeding knowledge is very helpful for new mums as they are patient and kind inshaallah like having your own mother around or a kind aunty if there is noone who can do this for you, i'd recommend contacting a doula as many many b feeding problems can be resolved quite easily and many doulas work for little money simply wanting to help other mothers.

bring back PAGAL LADOOOO:up:

Comment

Originally posted by dhakiyya View Post
          :up: mashaAllah excellent site -very useful factsheets mashaAllah! - I recommend lansinoh lanonlin cream - in fact every mother intending to breastfeed should have one in her hospital bag inshaAllah. If you;re not sure about buying a whole tube to begin with - you sometimes get free sachets of it in the bounty bags and stuff like that. One sachet lasts for two or three applications inshaAllah. But a whole tube is better IMO

Edit: I put a link to the factsheet for fathers in the what new fathers can do sticky thread :up:
          the best thing for cracked nipples is after each feed express a little of your milk and rub it into your skin, leave your cracked skin to dry naturally in the air and be sure your baby is latched on properly at the next feed to prevent more damage, some babies find latching on difficult and you have to be patient and make them open really wide before beginning the feed also dont be afraid to take them off if it hurts as breastfeeding shouldnt hurt when the baby is positioned correctly.

also watch baby if he has fallen asleep at the breast de latch him as his sleepy sucking can cause sorness as he looses his grip and moves into an incorrect latch.

Comment

Re: Mothers milk - how to overcome any problems in the early days - general informati

excellent brestfeeding advice for a muslimah

http://www.modernmuslima.com/bffaq.htm

Comment

Re: Mothers milk - how to overcome any problems in the early days - general informati

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh i wrote a whole essay i was having problem posting and its ALL and my hands are now tired i just want to CRY :(

Comment

ok heres the thing i was really impressed with the information provided above. so far i have been mixed feeding my new baby so after ready that information i decied to just give breast for a day and see how he reacts with it but so its been a headache he's been crying all day eveyrone including my husband won't give me a break they have been nagging at me all day saying that i should'nt just breastfeed at this stage now that he got use to both and his just 2 mnths so far what shall i do i really want to just breastfeed but the stress is just too much for me.

Comment

sister, you baby is crying because you have been giving him formula as well as breastmilk, so your body is not making enough milk for him, but inshaallah by sticking to giving him just breastmilk tomorrow your body will have adjusted and will make more enough to feed him inshaallah, Allah has made our bodies amazing your body makes enough milk for your baby, if you skill a breastfeed and give a bottle, the next day your body will not provide milk at that time as your baby didnt drink it.
                  So persevere sister, and tomorrow it will be easier inshaallah, make lots of duas and tell your husband and anyone else who interfers that you require the best for your child, its not too late to exclusively breastfeed but it will take a couple of days for you and baby to settle into it.

Comment

inshallah i intened to do soo sister but its really hard towards the end of the day like today he didn't sleep the whole day because he was use to the bottle around 22:00 his eyes were red after crying the whole day unsettle a give him formule milk andfinally his rest peaceful so what if i do this reguarly just feed him towards the before going to bed? so it gives me a rest as well in order to make more milk for nxt feed

Comment

hmm, if you give him a bottle everynight your body will adjust to that, a bottle of formula before bed will help him to sleep better, but i would recommend you express some milk manually yourself to keep your supply up as the more baby is breastfed the more milk you will make, your body wont make more milk for the next feed, un drunk milk will be reabsorbed into the body and the next night at that time you'll find u r empty, but Allhumdulilah little man is sleeping with a full tummy.

Allah reward your efforts sister, try using a breast pump everynight and every morning and inshaallah your body will make a better supply for your son.

Comment

its day two of intensive breastfeed only (lol hope that makes sense) anyways its not so much the fact that i can't do it but want really annoys me is being a young mum the interference of older mothers in my motherhood oh man they all ways comment how i shuld hold handle my baby it just makes my face sooo red sometimes i just want to shout LEAVE ME ALONE oh if that was soo easy to do since its mostly my relatives anyways after i breastfeed for good few minstues his turning his face left to right looking for something to suck then he puts his hand in his mouth and gies it a good suck lol but makes me worried as to way his doing this?

BTW how can i get acess to the sisters area i dont see it as an option icon above i mean i want to learn from mothers that offer advice not critisisim

Comment

when a baby breastfeeds he has to work hard to get the milk not like a bottle which the milk just flows out of, he will get used to it inshaallah, have sabr with your relatives, i cannot imagine how awful it must make u feel, contact La Leche league for advice you can call and speak to a fellow mum who has trained as a breastfeeding advisor inshaallah this will boost your confidence,

you know u r the mum, you alone know whats best for this baby, noone can be his mum but you, though people will try and advice with their opinions and tell u to do this n that, just smile and nod and do what u feel is right anyway.

http://www.laleche.org.uk/

inshaallah some of this helps if not private message me inshaallah to talk more privatly.

Comment

jazaakulaahi kheyrul jazaa ya ukht i will do so inshallah

Comment

Before I had my baby I read all the books, and I watched the DVD's and i knew how the baby should latch on, but she just never wanted to, she wouldn't open her mouth, for the first month she wouldn't get hungry and we had to force her to eat. In the hospital they wouldn't let me go home until the baby ate so I after I had been in hospital for 3 days I gave her the bottle, I just wanted to go home. The midwifes tried to help me breast feed in the hospital but it just wouldn't happen and I still don't know what I could have done differently. I am pregnant again and am worried.

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
                              (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

every baby is different, some latch on straight away some have a lot of difficulty. try to have a chat with someone from la leche league (web address in a prev post on this thread) if you think it might help, but mostly I think they'll just say that each baby is different and there's no reason why this baby would have the same problems. However, they may be able to tell you something really useful that you didn't know or could try next time inshaAllah.

some things can help baby to breastfeed more easily - when you have the baby, try to get skin to skin contact straight away and try to feed the baby within the first half hour of him/her being born. These things help as the suckling/rooting instinct is strongest then and skin to skin contact helps with milk production and release. But please don't worry if you can't do this (e.g. cause of medical issues with you or the baby that mean its not possible) cause even if you don't do this you still have a very good chance of being able to breastfeed inshaAllah. I couldn't hold my baby straight away cause of being exhausted from a long labour and emergency c-section, my baby wasn't the best in the world at latching on but with good advice and help mashaAllah I managed it.

things that help with a reluctant latcher, is to wait until the baby starts crying and latch them on then (that was the only time my baby opened her mouth wide enough lol) - also using either the cross cradle or rugby ball positions helps because baby's head is in the palm of your hand so its easier to guide their mouth to your breast inshaAllah. (positions can be found in the links in earlier posts) These helped me with my baby when she was having difficulty latching on. Maybe you tried these already - but remember even if they didn't work with your first baby, every baby is different so do try everything again inshaAllah, cause it might just work for the next baby inshaAllah

Also, if you try everything and it still doesn't work out, pls don't worry cause even if you do end up having to formula feed you are doing what is best for your baby, i.e. giving them nutritious milk instead of letting them go hungry! but inshaAllah if the problem first time round was cause of the baby, then you have a good chance second time round inshaAllah :)
                                Last edited by dhak1yya; 23-06-08, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X