Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth control haram?

Salaam Alaikum...

So, I have heard from some Muslims that using any form of birth control is haram... and have heard from others the opposite.

I was curious what kind of daleel about this subject you all know, because I have only heard from family n friends on this issue... but never actually heard daleel from a scholar.

THANX UMMAH.COM :up: I know I can count on ur knowledges for help inshAllah!
    The Torah- Old Testament
    The Bible- New Testament
    The Quran- FINAL TESTAMENT!!

:inlove::hidban::hidban::inlove:

Re: Birth control haram?

http://www.askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.p...798ba97f9d459f
    Everyone thinks their a scholar because they know how to copy and paste, you get your ummah face on and the second you log out, you know your reality. Anyone can attain knowledge, how many can implement it?

Comment

Hmm... thanks brother... but honestly I am not a fan of askimam.org and don't trust their fatawa... I myself have studied various Islamic sciences and some fiqh etc and honestly I have read some pretty shaky and scary fatawa from that website before...

So, anyone else?
      The Torah- Old Testament
      The Bible- New Testament

Comment

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503547108

He's a very knowledgable imam in this field of talk :up:
        Everyone thinks their a scholar because they know how to copy and paste, you get your ummah face on and the second you log out, you know your reality. Anyone can attain knowledge, how many can implement it?

Comment

ok, inshaallah you can ask for access to the sisters section as tere is lengthy debate on the subject and hadiths etc.. in this section.

Its all to do with intention, as everything in our wonderful religion is subhannallah.

bring back PAGAL LADOOOO:up:

Comment

Originally posted by Muslimah Wifey View Post
            Hmm... thanks brother... but honestly I am not a fan of askimam.org and don't trust their fatawa... I myself have studied various Islamic sciences and some fiqh etc and honestly I have read some pretty shaky and scary fatawa from that website before...

So, anyone else?
            I agree (regarding askimam)

Try this:

Sunnipath

Much better site :up:

-Rashid
            :hidban:

Comment

Originally posted by ummbilal View Post
              ok, inshaallah you can ask for access to the sisters section as tere is lengthy debate on the subject and hadiths etc.. in this section.

Its all to do with intention, as everything in our wonderful religion is subhannallah.
              Brothers gotta know this as well sis :up:

Comment

Insha'allah...

You yourself or your husband should ask an imam whom you know and trust :up:
                “The real prisoner is someone whose heart is imprisoned from his Lord; the true captive is someone captured by his passions.” (Ibn Taymiyyah)
                www.cage.ngo
                www.hhugs.org.uk

Comment

Question:
                  Is contraception allowed ?

Answer:

Al-hamdu lillaah.

Contraception is permitted under the following conditions:

Mutual agreement of both husband and wife.
                  It does not cause harm.
                  It is not be practiced on a permanent basis, but rather for a temporary period (such as two years until the breastfeeding of the current baby is completed, for example).

Islam Q&A
                  Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

MAshAllah this is a very reliable website. Only one of VERY few that io would use for fatawa n other info.

Comment

Question Reference Number:: 12529

Is it permissible to engage in coitus interruptus or to use a condom?

Question:

On the first night after getting married, can one use contraception ( e.g condom ) or should this not be allowed. This is because it may be possible (by the will of Allah) for my future wife to get pregnant, but we may not choose to have children so early in our marriage.Please advise.

Answer:
                    Praise be to Allaah.
                    It is permissible to engage in coitus interruptus if a person does not want a child, and it is also permissible to use a condom, but that is subject to the condition that the wife gives her permission for that, because she has the right to full enjoyment and also to have a child.

The evidence for that is the hadeeth of Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said: We used to engage in coitus interruptus at the time of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). News of that reached the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and he did not forbid us to do that. Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 250; Muslim, 160

Although that is permitted, it is nevertheless makrooh and intensely disliked. Muslim (1442) narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was asked about coitus interruptus and he said: “That is the secret burying alive of infants.” This indicates that it is strongly disliked.

Al-Nawawi said:

Coitus interruptus means intercourse in which, when ejaculation approaches, the man withdraws and ejaculates outside the vagina. It is makrooh in our view in all circumstances and with all women, whether the woman consents to that or not, because it is a means of preventing offspring. Hence in the hadeeth it is called “the secret burying alive of children,” because it cuts off the means of producing offspring, like killing a newborn by burying him or her alive. With regard to it being haraam, our companions said that it was not forbidden…

These ahaadeeth and others, when taken in conjunction, may be understood as meaning that it is makrooh, and the reports in which permission is given for that may be understood as meaning that it is not haraam; they do not mean that it is not makrooh.

It is better for the Muslim not to do that, unless there is a need for it, such as if the woman is sick and cannot cope with a pregnancy or it would be too difficult for her or would cause her harm. Also, coitus interruptus cancels out one of the purposes of marriage, which is to have a lot of children, and it also means that the woman's pleasure is incomplete.
                    See also question no. 3767 .

Islam Q&A (www.islam-qa.com)

Question Reference Number:: 3767

Contraception in early marriage

Question:

Is it forbidden to use contraception for two years at the beginning of marriage by mutual consent and until both parties are certain that the marriage will continue?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

This question was put to Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen, who answered as follows:

“This is not forbidden, but it is better not to do this, and to be optimistic and think positively of Allaah [i.e., put one's trust in Him that the marriage will succeed].”

Having a child might bring the couple together and create deeper ties between them, and bring them both great joy. And Allaah is the Source of strength.

Islam Q&A
                    Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid (www.islam-qa.com)

Question Reference Number:: 20597

He is practicing ‘azl with his wife so that she will not get pregnant because she is still studying

Question:

Is it permissible to practise ‘azl (withdrawal or coitus interruptus) or a similar method (of contraception) if that will go on for two years or more, so that the wife can finish her studies before she gets pregnant? Or does this go against one of the most important reasons for marriage in Islam?.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

One of the purposes of marriage in Islam is to have children and increase the numbers of the ummah.

Abu Dawood (2050) narrated that Ma'qil ibn Yasaar (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Marry the one who is loving and fertile, for I will be proud of your great numbers before the nations [i.e., on the Day of Resurrection].” Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood, 1805.
                    Secondly:

Practising ‘azl – which means ejaculating outside the vagina – is permissible, but that is subject to the condition that it be with the wife's permission, because one of her rights is full enjoyment, and another of her rights is to have children, both of which are lost as a result of ‘azl.

It was narrated that Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah said: We used to practise ‘azl at the time of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) when the Qur'aan was being revealed.

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4911; Muslim, 1440. Muslim added: Sufyaan said: If there had been anything wrong with it, the Qur'aan would have forbidden it.
                    Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said:

With regard to ‘azl, some of the scholars regarded it as haraam, but the view of the four imams is that it is permissible with the wife's permission. And Allaah knows best.

Majmoo' al-Fataawa, 32/110
                    See also Question no. 11885.

Thirdly:
                    It is permissible for the spouses to agree on family planning so long as that is temporary and not a permanent thing – subject to the condition that the means used does not cause any harm to the woman.
                    Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:
                    With regard to using temporary means of preventing pregnancy, such as when a woman gets pregnant easily and pregnancy is exhausting for her, and she wants to space her pregnancies so they will be two years apart and so on, this is permissible so long as her husband gives his permission and so long as that will not cause her any harm.
                    Risaalat al-Dimaa' al-Tabee'iyyah li'l-Nisa'
                    And Allaah knows best.

Question Reference Number:: 10143

Ruling on tying the tubes unnecessarily

Question:

I am a 36 year old woman with 6 kids and i am now with my 7th child and would like to know if it is permissible in Islam to tie my tubes when this baby is born? i don't want to cut and burn them i want to place a band around the tubes to avoid the egg from dropping all the way down. i know i cannot stop the will of Allah i just want to try to loose weight i weigh more that 250 lbs. everytime i try to loose weight i end up pregnant.

Answer:
                    Praise be to Allaah.
                    It is not permissible to prevent pregnancy except in cases of necessity where competent doctors have stated that giving birth will cause the mother to become exhausted or ill, or will make her sickness worse, or there is the fear that pregnancy or childbirth will most likely cause the mother to die. In that case it is essential to have the husband's agreement and consent to prevent or end pregnancy. When this reason is no longer a factor, then the woman should go back to not using contraception.
                    Fataawa al-Mar'ah al-Muslimah, 2/977
                    Because losing weight does not reach the degree of necessity mentioned above, it does not come under the same ruling, especially since this operation to tie the tubes requires the female doctor to uncover and touch the ‘awrah. It is even worse if the doctor is male, so this is another reason not to allow it.
                    But you have to follow the guidance of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) with regard to food. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The son of Adam does not fill any vessel worse than his stomach. It is sufficient for the son of Adam to eat a few morsels to keep him alive. But if he must (fill it), then one-third for his food, one-third for his drink and one-third for air.” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, al-Zuhd, 2303; classed as saheeh in Saheeh Sunan al-Tirmidhi, no. 1939)
                    You should also follow the permissible means (of preventing pregnancy), such as withdrawal during intercourse (‘azl). The correct scholarly view is that there is nothing wrong with ‘azl even if there is no reason for it, because of the hadeeth of Jaabir: “We used to practise ‘azl at the time when the Qur'aan was being revealed.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, al-Nikaah, 4808).
                    And Allaah knows best.
                    Fataawa al-Mar'ah al-Muslimah, 2/658
                    Perhaps what Allaah has decreed for you of children will be better for you than you think, and they will be a blessing that is stored up for you, especially in old age.

Question Reference Number:: 21169

Using the birth control pill and the coil

Question:
                    What is the shar'i ruling on using the coil (IUD – intrauterine device) as a means of preventing pregnancy, knowing that this means does not prevent fertilization of the egg, but it prevents the embryo from attaching itself to the wall of the uterus? May Allaah reward you with good.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:
                    What the Muslims should do is to have as many children as they can, because this is the command issued by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) when he said, “Marry the one who is loving and fertile, for I will be proud of your great numbers.” Because increasing the number of children increases the size of the ummah, and being of great numbers is a source of pride, as Allaah said, reminding the Children of Israel of that (interpretation of the meaning):

“And We helped you with wealth and children and made you more numerous in man power” [al-Israa' 17:6]

And Shu'ayb said to his people:
                    “ ‘And remember when you were but few, and He multiplied you'”

[al-A'raaf 7:86 – interpretation of the meaning]

No one would deny that if the ummah is great in number this will lend it pride and strength. This is contrary to what is imagined by those who think evil thoughts, that the large numbers of the ummah is the cause of its poverty and hunger. If the ummah increases in number and relies on Allaah, and believes in His promise, in the aayah “And no moving (living) creature is there on earth but its provision is due from Allaah” [Hood 11:6 – interpretation of the meaning], then Allaah will make things easy for them and will grant them sufficient means from His Bounty.

On this basis, the answer to the question is as follows:
                    A woman should not use birth control pills unless the following two conditions are met:

(1) She should have a reason for that such as being sick and unable to bear a pregnancy every year, or being physically weak, or having other reasons why getting pregnant every year would be harmful for her.

(2) Her husband should give his permission, because the husband has the right to have children. This must also be done in consultation with a doctor, to find out whether taking these pills will be harmful to her or not.
                    If these two conditions are met, then it is OK for her to use these pills, but that should not be on a permanent basis, i.e., she should not use the type of birth control pills that prevent pregnancy permanently, because this is preventing progeny.

(Fataawa al-Mar'ah al-Muslimah, 2/657, 658)
                    Concerning the harms caused by contraception, the Shaykh (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

Birth control pills: I have heard from a number of sources that doctors say they are harmful. Even if we do not know this from the doctors, we know it from ourselves, because preventing something natural that Allaah has created and decreed for the daughters of Adam is undoubtedly harmful. Allaah is Wise, and He has only created this blood which flows at certain times for a reason. If we prevent it with these medicines, that is harmful without a doubt.

But I have heard that the matter is worse than we imagine, that they may be a means of damaging the womb, and a means of causing nervous disorders. This is something we must beware of.

(Liqaa' al-Baab al-Maftooh, question no. 1147)

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked:
                    What is the ruling on removing the uterus in order to avoid having children for medical reasons which are either present, or may occur in the future and have been predicted by medical and scientific means?

He answered: if that is necessary, then it is OK, otherwise it should not be done, because the Lawgiver urges us to have children and promotes that in order to increase the size of the ummah. But if there is a necessary reason then it is OK, just as it is permissible to use means of contraception for a limited time for a legitimate shar'i reason. (9/434)

What is said concerning the birth control pill may also be said concerning the coil. It has been definitely proven by the doctors that this contraceptive method causes harm, especially when it is used continually. It is known that the woman who has a coil inserted has an increased flow of menstrual blood, and her period may come twice a month, which causes an iron deficiency in her body. Iron is one of the important minerals which the body needs. Some women may become anaemic when they use the coil and it makes their periods longer, resulting in the woman losing a large amount of blood and thus a large amount of the iron stored in the body. It has also been proven that many women suffer infections of the uterus as a result of using the coil. Despite all this, a woman may become pregnant with the coil in place, as has happened to a number of women. We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound.
                    And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

Question Reference Number:: 5196

Using birth control pills at first in case the marriage fails

Question:

Is it permissable for a woman to go on the pill (female contraception) prior to her marriage, so as to avoid pregnancy in case the marriage does not work out (ie. she becomes pregnant and then they divorce and she is left with the child)? Should she inform her spouse on the wedding night or prior to the nikkah that she is on the pill? In light of the above, is it permissible to use contraceptives to avoid pregnancy in the event that the marriage might not work out (ie for the first year of the marriage)?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

If it is medically proven that birth control pills are harmful to women, then it is not permissible to use them either before marriage or afterwards, on the basis of the rule that no harm should be done. This rule is based on the aayaat (interpretation of the meanings):

“And do not kill yourselves” [al-Nisa' 4:29]

“and do not throw yourselves into destruction” [al-Baqarah 2:195]

Unless it is possible to produce pills that are free of harmful side effects, they should not be taken.

As for using any non-harmful means of contraception at the beginning of marriage, fearing that the marriage may not work out, there are a number of reservations about this, such as:

1. it may be a kind of pessimism, because you are expecting it to fail.

2. It may lead to an unhappy marital life and both spouses expecting bad of one another, because it is known that one of the most important purposes of marriage is to have children, and if this is delayed for a specific reason the relationship may cool off. If the husband finds out that this is what his wife is doing, it will spoil the relationship between them.

3. Pregnancy is one of the most important functions of women, which generates feelings of love and compassion towards her husband and children. If pregnancy is prevented the opposite feelings develop.

4. The fuqahaa' (may Allaah have mercy on them) stipulated the condition for ‘azl (coitus interruptus) or other forms of contraception used by the woman, that it should only be done with the permission of the other spouse, because both of them have the right to have children. So it is not permissible for the wife to take birth control pills without her husband's permission and consent.

5. The fear that the marriage may fail and the fact that there is a high divorce rate cannot be dealt with in this manner. The way to deal with it is to make the right choice of spouse and make sure that this is the right choice. The prospective husband should be allowed to see the prospective wife, because this is one of the ways of fostering love after marriage. Other means should also be used. We ask Allaah to guide us all. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad.

Islam Q&A

Alhamdulillah.
                    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

mashAllah nice to see sister 'asiya linked up with a gud website for islamic rulings etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ummbilal View Post
                        ok, inshaallah you can ask for access to the sisters section....
                        I tried to gain access to sister's section but I never heard anything back... :zzz:

Originally posted by .: Rashid :. View Post
                        :hidban: :inlove: SUNNIPATH :inlove: :hidban:

And thanx 2 HugoBoss n asiya! :up:
                        The Torah- Old Testament
                        The Bible- New Testament

Comment

Originally posted by Muslimah Wifey View Post
                          I tried to gain access to sister's section but I never heard anything back... :zzz:

same here:(

Comment

Natural Birth Control

Asslamo Allaikum,

Marriage in Islam is a bond of love, devotion and sacrifice.

Practicing Muslim couples are encouraged to decide their affairs by Shura (Mutual Consultation).

Some couples may be averse to using chemical and other devices for Birth Control, therefore please consult your doctor about the following natural alternatives:

a) Coitus-Interruptus (Azal): Well I suppose men should know about it & no need to see a doctor.

b) FAM: Fertility Awareness method:
                            http://womens-health.health-cares.ne...ess-method.php

c) Lactational Amenorrhea Method (LAM) method:
                            http://www.reproline.jhu.edu/english...s/1lam/lam.htm

Comment

Re: Natural Birth Control

for sisters section needs minimum 3 months and 400 posts, when u have it we need to do a voice chat with u, or if u can give a recommendation of someone in there who spoke 2 u on fone or met u, knows etc then we cn give without the voice insha allah
                              sorry for delays in access, i know it is looong bt please b patient with us
                              .: Rufaida :.
                              .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
                              http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
                              “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
                              but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
                              ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
                              <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Working...
                              X