Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boy's 'halal' shorts- solutions?

Salaam,

I have two young boys between 5-7 yrs age. Now they're getting older I'm trying to find longer shorts but kids shorts are awful! They are tiny!

I tried going up a size but they look silly and my boys find it uncomfortable as they are too big around waist.

I looked for 3/4 shorts but no luck in kids sizes. Also tried zip off trousers but they are too short too.

My boys really love wearing shorts in summer and I don't want to say they can't wear them because of deen. Surely there must be a solution?
    "The successful marriage is not when you can live in peace with each other, but when you can't live in peace without each other."
    Friends of Al Aqsa

Wa alaikum assalam,
    My understanding is that the trouser leg should be above the ankle but no higher than mid-shin, so I always ended up altering longer trousers for my boys at that age.
    Allah is so Great and Merciful that although we continue to disobey Him, He still awaits for our repentance so that He may forgive us.

Comment

Use some of their old trousers that still fit them at the waist but have gone small in length by cutting the leg parts at the bottom upto how long you want their shorts. Then hem where you cut them. You can hem by hand or if you have a sewing machine you can use that.

If you find a good price for trousers their size buy them and adjust them to short length that you want. That way you won't have problems with the waist and they can have shorts too.

Comment

Originally posted by aurorascopic View Post
        Salaam,

I have two young boys between 5-7 yrs age. Now they're getting older I'm trying to find longer shorts but kids shorts are awful! They are tiny!

I tried going up a size but they look silly and my boys find it uncomfortable as they are too big around waist.

I looked for 3/4 shorts but no luck in kids sizes. Also tried zip off trousers but they are too short too.

My boys really love wearing shorts in summer and I don't want to say they can't wear them because of deen. Surely there must be a solution?
        Sister, a quick online search for kids' three quarter length shorts returns quite a lot of results.

?
        ​​Your du'aa... Always dear, always needed (Jazaa'akumullah Khair.)

Comment

Sister,, more important than finding the "right shorts" is that your sons need to understand that obedience to Allah and His messenger is more important than their likes and wants in life

If they dont learn that now, when they get older, their wants will be more important than their islam

"They cant do that because of deen" is an excellent foundation

There are so many things i would like to do, but "i cant do that because of deen"

my kids learned there were no "halal" shorts, and they accepted it

Then, after some time, when they fully understand that they must put their love of Allah over their love of self

get them these

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32802555921.html

https://www.dhgate.com/product/mens-...439774451.html

Search for "hip hop shorts" or baggy shorts or 3/4 shorts
          .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
          نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
          دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

of course the deen is not a bunch of NO's but it is a yearning to please Allah so Allah will be pleased with us

that goes for all things

as we are growing up in the West, we learn that our likes are more important than anything else

THIS IS WRONG
            .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
            نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
            دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

I find shorts not only immodest, but also rather repulsive & awful to look at.

It's upto parents to instill modesty & haya in kids right from birth & to train their thoughts into loving only those things that are in line with the Sunnah.

If kids feel hot during summer, parents should buy comfortable lounge pants for them. Your children should never "love" something that's not allowed in the deen. Haraam should never be an option in a Muslim household.

Kids adjust pretty fast in whichever environment you provide them, so, it's upto you to decide how you wish to raise them. That includes clothing.

My son will turn one in a few days, but I have never dressed him up in shorts. I have a huge stack of unused shorts which have been gifted to him as sets along with shirts. However, I always kept the shorts away & bought new pants to go with the shirts.

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
                of course the deen is not a bunch of NO's but it is a yearning to please Allah so Allah will be pleased with us

that goes for all things

as we are growing up in the West, we learn that our likes are more important than anything else

THIS IS WRONG
                ^This quote is so good, I had to share it to facebook
                The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by niqaabi_nusrat View Post
                  Wa alaikum assalam,
                  My understanding is that the trouser leg should be above the ankle but no higher than mid-shin, so I always ended up altering longer trousers for my boys at that age.
                  This is so clever!!! So just buy trousers and cut/hem them, genius!

Jzk
                  "The successful marriage is not when you can live in peace with each other, but when you can't live in peace without each other."
                  Friends of Al Aqsa

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
                    Sister,, more important than finding the "right shorts" is that your sons need to understand that obedience to Allah and His messenger is more important than their likes and wants in life

If they dont learn that now, when they get older, their wants will be more important than their islam

"They cant do that because of deen" is an excellent foundation

There are so many things i would like to do, but "i cant do that because of deen"

my kids learned there were no "halal" shorts, and they accepted it

Then, after some time, when they fully understand that they must put their love of Allah over their love of self

get them these

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32802555921.html

https://www.dhgate.com/product/mens-...439774451.html

Search for "hip hop shorts" or baggy shorts or 3/4 shorts
                    Totally agree jazakallah, glad to read these kind if encouraging posts as everyone I know don't give second thought to halal clothing for boys as they think they are kids and it doesn't matter or they are boys so it doesn't matter what they wear.

The skater/baggy shorts will be great when they're older i.a, they are very skinny kids!
                    Friends of Al Aqsa

Comment

Originally posted by ~TwinklingStar~ View Post
                      I find shorts not only immodest, but also rather repulsive & awful to look at.

It's upto parents to instill modesty & haya in kids right from birth & to train their thoughts into loving only those things that are in line with the Sunnah.

If kids feel hot during summer, parents should buy comfortable lounge pants for them. Your children should never "love" something that's not allowed in the deen. Haraam should never be an option in a Muslim household.

Kids adjust pretty fast in whichever environment you provide them, so, it's upto you to decide how you wish to raise them. That includes clothing.

My son will turn one in a few days, but I have never dressed him up in shorts. I have a huge stack of unused shorts which have been gifted to him as sets along with shirts. However, I always kept the shorts away & bought new pants to go with the shirts.
                      Thanks sister.

My husband wears 3/4s and I don't find anything wromg with these so my kids have worn shorts since babies, but now they go masjid I talk to them about covering their bodies and what is halal/haram and I know gor men you easily get halal shorts and wanted to find a solution for my kids. Alhamdulillah got some fantastic ideas here.

i want them to know and feel Islam is not restrictive.

Also if anyone is looking for kids long shorts h&m do 'clamdiggers' and la redoute do cropped trousers.
                      Friends of Al Aqsa

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                      X