Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should little girls wear headscarves?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Teaching a Muslim girl "Hijaab" starts at a young age and it begins with teaching them to observe shyness from boys and not allowing random strangers to carry and touch them. It also begins with teaching them to want to stay home instead of being out on the town all day shopping for vain accessories and luxuries and frequenting shopping malls and restaurants.

    When will a Muslim girl learn to observe proper Hijaab if she is always exposed to women who barely, if ever, comply with it in public places? When will she learn to love staying home if she is encouraged to spend all her time away from home engaged in vain and excessive consumption of unneeded goods and services?


    فإن الأولى لزوجتك أن تقر في بيتها وتتفرغ لرعاية شؤونك وشؤونها وشؤون أولادكما, فإن في قرار المرأة في بيتها خيرا كبيرا ندب إليه الشارع وحث عليه, في مثل قوله سبحانه: وَقَرْنَ فِي بُيُوتِكُنَّ. {الأحزاب: 33}.
    وقول الرسول صلى الله عليه وسلم: المرأة عورة، وإنها إذا خرجت استشرفها الشيطان، وإنها لا تكون أقرب إلى الله منها في قعر بيتها. رواه الطبراني وصححه الألباني.


    "For truly, the best for your wife is that she remain in her home and devote herself to managing both of your affairs and those of your children. For truly, in a woman remaining in her home is a great benefit which the Legislator recommended and urged; like in His statement: {And remain in your homes...} [Al-Ahzab: 33]; and the statement of the Messenger of Allah SAWS: "The woman is not to be exposed to the public [literally 'Awrah]. And truly, when she departs [from her home], Shaytan directs the eyes towards her. And truly, she is not nearer to Allah than when she is in the depths of her home..." Declared "authentic" by al-Albani -end quote

    What is this nonsense about NOT making young girls below the age of puberty where a Hijaab as part of their training to become young women?

    Training children before the age of obligation is from the actions performed by the Salaf and recommended by scholars to this day.

    Originally posted by Islam Q&A
    But Allah has enjoined parents to raise their children to do acts of worship. Allah commands them to teach their children the prayer when they are seven years old, and to smack them (lightly) if they do not do it when they are ten years old. The Companions (may Allah be pleased with them) used to make their children fast when they were small so as to make them get used to this great act of worship. All of that is indicative of great concern to raise one's children with the best of attributes and deeds.

    With regard to prayer:

    The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “ Teach your children to pray when they are seven years old and smack them if they do not pray when they are ten years old, and separate them in their beds.”
    Narrated by Abu Dawood (495) and classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.
    So, the Ahadith about making young children fast and pray before they're obligated to has no bearing on the situation with other obligations? It's only with regard to prayer and fasting?

    All of the Fuqahaa' recommend that the training for this lifestyle of a Believing woman should begin before it becomes obligatory for her to do so. See the following Fatawa:

    https://www.islamweb.net/ar/fatwa/137069/
    https://binbaz.org.sa/fatwas/17222/

    The above Fatawa also make it clear that wearing Hijaab must coincide with when girls begin to manifest womanly characteristics, which is at different ages.

    أما قبل البلوغ فقد اختلف في تحديد السن التي تلزم فيها الفتاة بالستر وتغطية الرأس، فقيل سبع سنين، وقيل تسع سنين، ويختلف ذلك بحسب الأشخاص، فقد تظهر على الفتاة مظاهر النساء وتتعلق بها الأنظار قبل أن تصل العاشرة وفي هذه الحالة يجب على أبويها إلزامها بالستر.

    "As for [obligating Hijaab] before adulthood, then the definition of the age at which it is required for a girl to cover herself and her head differs. It is said by the age of seven and it is also said by the age of nine. That differs between individuals. So, [when] the appearance of women manifests in a girl and the looks [of men] begin connecting with her before she reaches the age of ten, in this circumstance it is obligatory for her parents to require her to cover [herself and head]."

    Muslim really need to stop taking it upon themselves to navigate and determine what is "best" and what "Islam says". So many people are ignorant of what the laws and rules of Islam indicate, yet they go around saying "I've never heard of that before". As if they have studied Islam well enough to consider what they have heard and haven't heard any kind of standard for whether a verse, Hadith, law or rule exists.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by Juman View Post
      There is not a single hadith which says that girl should start wearing Hijab before the signs of puberty appear in her. Lets not invent stuff in Islam.
      Theres nothing in Islam that says a girl is required to wear anything at all before puberty. Does that mean we can let kids run completely naked? That was my point, the idea of clothing girls except their head is subjective and cultural, as you pointed out, theres a specific practice in Pakistan.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by AbuNajm View Post
        Teaching a Muslim girl "Hijaab" starts at a young age and it begins with teaching them to observe shyness from boys and not allowing random strangers to carry and touch them. It also begins with teaching them to want to stay home instead of being out on the town all day shopping for vain accessories and luxuries and frequenting shopping malls and restaurants.

        When will a Muslim girl learn to observe proper Hijaab if she is always exposed to women who barely, if ever, comply with it in public places? When will she learn to love staying home if she is encouraged to spend all her time away from home engaged in vain and excessive consumption of unneeded goods and services?


        فإن الأولى لزوجتك أن تقر في بيتها وتتفرغ لرعاية شؤونك وشؤونها وشؤون أولادكما, فإن في قرار المرأة في بيتها خيرا كبيرا ندب إليه الشارع وحث عليه, في مثل قوله سبحانه: وَقَرْنَ فِي بُيُوتِكُنَّ. {الأحزاب: 33}.
        وقول الرسول صلى الله عليه وسلم: المرأة عورة، وإنها إذا خرجت استشرفها الشيطان، وإنها لا تكون أقرب إلى الله منها في قعر بيتها. رواه الطبراني وصححه الألباني.


        "For truly, the best for your wife is that she remain in her home and devote herself to managing both of your affairs and those of your children. For truly, in a woman remaining in her home is a great benefit which the Legislator recommended and urged; like in His statement: {And remain in your homes...} [Al-Ahzab: 33]; and the statement of the Messenger of Allah SAWS: "The woman is not to be exposed to the public [literally 'Awrah]. And truly, when she departs [from her home], Shaytan directs the eyes towards her. And truly, she is not nearer to Allah than when she is in the depths of her home..." Declared "authentic" by al-Albani -end quote

        What is this nonsense about NOT making young girls below the age of puberty where a Hijaab as part of their training to become young women?

        Training children before the age of obligation is from the actions performed by the Salaf and recommended by scholars to this day.



        So, the Ahadith about making young children fast and pray before they're obligated to has no bearing on the situation with other obligations? It's only with regard to prayer and fasting?

        All of the Fuqahaa' recommend that the training for this lifestyle of a Believing woman should begin before it becomes obligatory for her to do so. See the following Fatawa:

        https://www.islamweb.net/ar/fatwa/137069/
        https://binbaz.org.sa/fatwas/17222/

        The above Fatawa also make it clear that wearing Hijaab must coincide with when girls begin to manifest womanly characteristics, which is at different ages.

        أما قبل البلوغ فقد اختلف في تحديد السن التي تلزم فيها الفتاة بالستر وتغطية الرأس، فقيل سبع سنين، وقيل تسع سنين، ويختلف ذلك بحسب الأشخاص، فقد تظهر على الفتاة مظاهر النساء وتتعلق بها الأنظار قبل أن تصل العاشرة وفي هذه الحالة يجب على أبويها إلزامها بالستر.

        "As for [obligating Hijaab] before adulthood, then the definition of the age at which it is required for a girl to cover herself and her head differs. It is said by the age of seven and it is also said by the age of nine. That differs between individuals. So, [when] the appearance of women manifests in a girl and the looks [of men] begin connecting with her before she reaches the age of ten, in this circumstance it is obligatory for her parents to require her to cover [herself and head]."

        Muslim really need to stop taking it upon themselves to navigate and determine what is "best" and what "Islam says". So many people are ignorant of what the laws and rules of Islam indicate, yet they go around saying "I've never heard of that before". As if they have studied Islam well enough to consider what they have heard and haven't heard any kind of standard for whether a verse, Hadith, law or rule exists.
        How can it be obligatory for a female that is not baaligh to cover herself. Her not being a mukallaf means it wouldnt be obligatory, if it was obligated she would be sinful for not complying.

        Or is the fatwa of binbaz speaking from sad al daraaya
        If you could please explain

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

          How can it be obligatory for a female that is not baaligh to cover herself. Her not being a mukallaf means it wouldnt be obligatory, if it was obligated she would be sinful for not complying.

          Or is the fatwa of binbaz speaking from sad al daraaya
          If you could please explain
          Surely the 'differing ages' aspect is due to the fact that girls bodies can develop at different ages due to reaching puberty at different ages. Yes, some girls can reach puberty as young as 9 but usually it happens at an older age than that.

          Also preparing a girl for womanhood and the hijab that's part of it should be about instilling the values of right and wrong being based on halal and haram- not enforcing a dress code that doesn't even apply to her at such an early stage of life. I could be convinced otherwise if there is any evidence from the Sahaba (ra) to suggest that they did dress their daughters in hijab before puberty.
          The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

            How can it be obligatory for a female that is not baaligh to cover herself. Her not being a mukallaf means it wouldnt be obligatory, if it was obligated she would be sinful for not complying.

            Or is the fatwa of binbaz speaking from sad al daraaya
            If you could please explain
            In short:

            I think there is a misunderstanding-

            It is not a question of obligation for the children as it is an obligation for the guardian/Walee to enforce these things and make them habitual before adulthood.

            This comes from the Hadith of the Prophet SAWS:

            مُرُوا ‌أَوْلَادَكُمْ ‌بِالصَّلَاةِ وَهُمْ أَبْنَاءُ سَبْعِ سِنِينَ، وَاضْرِبُوهُمْ عَلَيْهَا وَهُمْ أَبْنَاءُ عَشْرِ سِنِينَ
            "Order your children to pray while they are seven years old and strike them because of [failing to perform it] while they are ten years old..."

            From Sunan Abi Dawud #495, declared "fair, authentic" by al-Albani and others.

            The long version is:

            We agree that at seven years old children are not obligated to pray, but still we order them to do so. Why? Because the prayer is something that must be habitual and customary BEFORE the age comes wherein it is obligatory. Would it be just to leave a child to not pray or perform acts of worship until he/she is responsible for them [according to Islamic law] only to begin trying to force them when they are accustomed to NOT performing them?

            أما من قبل البلوغ ما يجب عليه، لكن يشرع له إذا بلغ سبعًا يؤمر بالصلاة، ويؤمر بالصوم إذا أطاق ذلك يأمره وليه بالصلاة والصوم، وهكذا ابن عشر، وما فوقه حتى يبلغ، حتى يعتاد الخير، حتى يعتاد الصلاة، حتى يعتاد الصوم يأمره وليه، ويأمرها وليها بهذا، وإذا بلغ الرجل عشرًا، والمرأة عشرًا؛ فللولي أن يضربهما إذا تخلفا؛ لأن النبي قال: مروا أولادكم بالصلاة لسبع، واضربوهم عليها لعشر والأولاد يشمل الذكر والأنثى

            Shaykh Bin Baz, rA said:

            "As for before adulthood, [prayer] is not obligatory for [a child], HOWEVER it is legislated that when he reaches seven years old that he be ordered to pray and ordered to fast. When [a child] can bear that, his Walee orders him to pray and fast. It is the same for a child of ten years and older until he becomes an adult- so that he becomes accustomed to good deeds; so that he becomes accustomed to prayer; so that he becomes accustomed to fasting- his Walee orders him to do so and her Walee orders her to do so. When a man reaches ten years of age and a woman reaches ten years of age, then the Walee should strike them both if they fail to do so because the Prophet SAWS said: "Order your children to pray while they are seven years old and strike them because of [failing to perform it] while they are ten years old..." - "children" here includes both the male and female..."

            Source: https://binbaz.org.sa/fatwas/15098/

            So, you see, the obligation is for the guardian/Walee to order the children to perform acts of worship despite children not being legally responsible for them, yet.

            It is not correct to see the obligation of the Walee with regard to children as an obligation for the children. While the Walee is obligated to order a daughter with Hijaab, before adulthood, in order that she become accustomed to it before she is legally responsible; the daughter is not obligated to wear the Hijaab before the stipulations are met- either menstruation, the appearance of "Sha'rah", reaching the age of fifteen [according to some views] OR the emission of "Manee".

            I hope it is clearer...

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by AbuNajm View Post

              In short:

              I think there is a misunderstanding-

              It is not a question of obligation for the children as it is an obligation for the guardian/Walee to enforce these things and make them habitual before adulthood.

              This comes from the Hadith of the Prophet SAWS:

              مُرُوا ‌أَوْلَادَكُمْ ‌بِالصَّلَاةِ وَهُمْ أَبْنَاءُ سَبْعِ سِنِينَ، وَاضْرِبُوهُمْ عَلَيْهَا وَهُمْ أَبْنَاءُ عَشْرِ سِنِينَ
              "Order your children to pray while they are seven years old and strike them because of [failing to perform it] while they are ten years old..."

              From Sunan Abi Dawud #495, declared "fair, authentic" by al-Albani and others.

              The long version is:

              We agree that at seven years old children are not obligated to pray, but still we order them to do so. Why? Because the prayer is something that must be habitual and customary BEFORE the age comes wherein it is obligatory. Would it be just to leave a child to not pray or perform acts of worship until he/she is responsible for them [according to Islamic law] only to begin trying to force them when they are accustomed to NOT performing them?

              أما من قبل البلوغ ما يجب عليه، لكن يشرع له إذا بلغ سبعًا يؤمر بالصلاة، ويؤمر بالصوم إذا أطاق ذلك يأمره وليه بالصلاة والصوم، وهكذا ابن عشر، وما فوقه حتى يبلغ، حتى يعتاد الخير، حتى يعتاد الصلاة، حتى يعتاد الصوم يأمره وليه، ويأمرها وليها بهذا، وإذا بلغ الرجل عشرًا، والمرأة عشرًا؛ فللولي أن يضربهما إذا تخلفا؛ لأن النبي قال: مروا أولادكم بالصلاة لسبع، واضربوهم عليها لعشر والأولاد يشمل الذكر والأنثى

              Shaykh Bin Baz, rA said:

              "As for before adulthood, [prayer] is not obligatory for [a child], HOWEVER it is legislated that when he reaches seven years old that he be ordered to pray and ordered to fast. When [a child] can bear that, his Walee orders him to pray and fast. It is the same for a child of ten years and older until he becomes an adult- so that he becomes accustomed to good deeds; so that he becomes accustomed to prayer; so that he becomes accustomed to fasting- his Walee orders him to do so and her Walee orders her to do so. When a man reaches ten years of age and a woman reaches ten years of age, then the Walee should strike them both if they fail to do so because the Prophet SAWS said: "Order your children to pray while they are seven years old and strike them because of [failing to perform it] while they are ten years old..." - "children" here includes both the male and female..."

              Source: https://binbaz.org.sa/fatwas/15098/

              So, you see, the obligation is for the guardian/Walee to order the children to perform acts of worship despite children not being legally responsible for them, yet.

              It is not correct to see the obligation of the Walee with regard to children as an obligation for the children. While the Walee is obligated to order a daughter with Hijaab, before adulthood, in order that she become accustomed to it before she is legally responsible; the daughter is not obligated to wear the Hijaab before the stipulations are met- either menstruation, the appearance of "Sha'rah", reaching the age of fifteen [according to some views] OR the emission of "Manee".

              I hope it is clearer...
              Yes jazak Allah khairan

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by Juman View Post

                This is absurd. Kids are not meant to wear scarf or Hijab. I have seen redicoulous videos in which some Arab parents made their 4 or 5 years old daughters wear abaya, scarf and niqab. In one video (with nasheed in the background) was even covering the hands of a kid with gloves (as practiced by Hanbalis of Saudi). If girl is nearing puberty than she can wear headscarf but that would still not be an obligation by Islam.

                In my country (Pakistan) little girls (1 to seven or eight years old) do not cover their hairs with any thing. Parents simply shorten the hair of little girls (as seen in the below photo). When they are 9 or ten years old, they wear headscarf and start lengthening their hair.

                Lets not make religion a sufffocation for kids. Kids are kids and they are supposed to be free from such burdens.

                There is not a single hadith which says that girl should start wearing Hijab before the signs of puberty appear in her. Lets not invent stuff in Islam.


                Click image for larger version

Name:	istockphoto-1266728808-612x612.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	12826382
                Interesting how you equate hijab with being burdensome

                When a parent tells their child they cannot be naked, is that burdensome?

                Wearing undergarments? A shirt? Pants? Skirts? Are any of these burdensome?

                But to you (and obviously to many non-hijabis), a khimar is burdensome

                Are you in Iran?
                .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                دولة الإسلامية باقية





                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by UmmAbdullah86 View Post

                  I used to agree with that (that the child will naturally follow the mother) but in recent years I see a very different trend. I also know a lot of sisters who 'tone down' their hijab after marriage, because they were only dressing a certain way because of pressure from their parents. One of my daughters struggles with hijab, despite having lots of positive role models.
                  That doesn't take away from the effects of an environment where women cover

                  Surely other influences can be present, including Allah knowing a person's heart & intention
                  .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                  نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                  دولة الإسلامية باقية





                  Comment

                  Collapse

                  Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                  Working...
                  X