Should little girls wear headscarves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post

If you know any verse or hadeeth where the awrah in front of mahrams is defined in a strict sense, I'd be glad if you could share that text.
    Let me try again, what is your understanding of 24:31?

Comment

Originally posted by .Hajar. View Post

Let me try again, what is your understanding of 24:31?
      I already answered.

If you are trying to make a specific point just make it clearly.
      Last edited by Linkdeutscher; 21-09-21, 11:11 PM.
      You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Son.

That's not very a precise text.

What do you define as the technical limits of awrah from this verse yourself?
        How is it not precise? I quoted the IslamQA page that explained it already.

Comment

Originally posted by Mufti Cheesecake View Post

How is it not precise? I quoted the IslamQA page that explained it already.
          Then you should not have any difficulty reformulating what you quoted into a neat little sentence.

So what is the minimum awrah of a woman in front of mahrams?

Simple question son.
          You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

Comment

What did you mean by your post son?
            That mothers don't normally expose their "g word" to their sons as they would their heads

Comment

I already answered.

If you are trying to make a specific point just make it clearly.
              Actually, you did not.

I'm simply interested in your interpretation of the verse since you think it 'does not define a woman's awrah in front of mahrams' which is what it widely is understood to be. Do also share according to whom it is not precise a text, maybe you know something the rest of us don't.

Comment

Originally posted by .Hajar. View Post
                Actually, you did not.

I'm simply interested in your interpretation of the verse since you think it 'does not define a woman's awrah in front of mahrams' which is what it widely is understood to be. Do also share according to whom it is not precise a text, maybe you know something the rest of us don't.
                The verse's focus is covering yourself up in front of non mahrams, rather than talking about what you can and can't uncover in front of mahrams. The verse doesn't really delve into the latter.

you think it 'does not define a woman's awrah in front of mahrams' which is what it widely is understood to be.
                Should be pretty easy for you to then answer my question that I posed above to the OP then, I assume.

"So what is the minimum awrah of a woman in front of mahrams?"

If it is a 'precise' text, then you should have no difficulty answering this question using that verse.

You are free to prove me wrong of course. My question is incredibly simple and plain. All you have to do it is answer it using the verse you are referencing.

Comment

Then you should not have any difficulty reformulating what you quoted into a neat little sentence.

So what is the minimum awrah of a woman in front of mahrams?

Simple question son.
                  "...and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband’s fathers, or their sons, or their husband’s sons, or their brothers or their brother’s sons, or their sister’s sons, or their (Muslim) women” [al-Noor 24:31].
                  Adornments as understood and explained by the companions of the Prophet(SAW) such as Ibn Masood(RA), refers to where adornments/jewelry were worn on a womans body at the time, so like the hands, forearms, ears, head, neck, legs.

So the verse says not to reveal these parts, except that you don't have to cover them for the husband and mahrams. Meaning, subtract these parts from the awrah of a woman in public, and thats the awrah infront of mahrams.

Comment

The verse's focus is covering yourself up in front of non mahrams, rather than talking about what you can and can't uncover in front of mahrams. The verse doesn't really delve into the latter.

Should be pretty easy for you to then answer my question that I posed above to the OP then, I assume.

"So what is the minimum awrah of a woman in front of mahrams?"

If it is a 'precise' text, then you should have no difficulty answering this question using that verse.

You are free to prove me wrong of course. My question is incredibly simple and plain. All you have to do it is answer it using the verse you are referencing.
                    Link, you claimed the verse doesn't talk about 'awrah in front of maharim - that it is not a precise text- you are the one who is claiming to be in the right

Not me but you

so then the onus would fall on you to prove your claim is in fact right but all you have done so far is to provide mere statements and no explanation whatsoever to support your argument, case in point..your response above.

Comment

Let's keep all this aside for a sec, Linkdeutscher, am curious to know what your understanding is of awrah w.r.t. mahram and what do you base that on?

Comment

My 4 month old daughter has 3 cute size 0 hijabs .

Comment

This is a known issue in Islamic jurisprudence, and jurists have inferred rules for it. Hanafis say that after reaching 10 years of age, one must cover him/herself as adults too. Before, only navel to knees needs to be covered. As for children below 4, specifically, they do not have any awra. Cf. Ibn Abidin, Raddul Mukhtar.

As for saying there is no difference between head and other parts of awra, that has no basis, because awra is different according to circumstances (age, relation, gender, religion) and women's hairs are only awra to foreign men. Girls below 10 do not have to cover their heads according to Hanafis.
                          “Let whosoever believes in Allah and in the Last Day either speak good or be silent.” — Prophet Muhammad pbuh | مَن كانَ يُؤْمِنُ باللَّهِ والْيَومِ الآخِرِ فَلْيَقُلْ خَيْرًا، أوْ لِيصْمُتْ

Comment

Both boys and girls should dress halal right off the bat boys should minimum wear trousers girls hijab decent clothing not just for girls boys aswell then when they grow up due to allowing them to wear harram early on they end up getting used to wearing harram and feel no shame in wearing harram

Comment

Each to their own, I don't see why a little girl should have to cover her hair when she isn't ordered to by the Creator Himself, dressing modestly and appropriately is obvious since that's part of ones shame and dignity, once she can speak she will question herself and observe her mother/ sisters attire before leaving house and accept that as normal behaviour. She probably will want to mimick it also. I don't enforce my children to cover hair outside and don't consider anyone who does as having done a commendable action. They must start hijab once reaching age before puberty. They don't need practice to observe Hijab, it's an act of worship, it is done for Allah. Instilling the reason behind it, the taqwa of Allah, I feel, is more important, especially when child is below 5/6.
                              اذاً لن يضيعنا الله

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X